This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232812 by Jahva
Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:16 pm
Ummmmm.... I can't sing very well and what I do try to sing is in a very short musical range. I know my limitations. You need to learn yours. There are lots of flat notes on all your tunes. Sorry man no easy way to say it. But you need to hear it... you are not a singer. I suppose you can get better if you keep working at it. But if you need someone to tell you when you're that much off... not a singer.
If it makes you feel better you can rip on my tunes. Wouldn't be the first but I don't kid myself about what I am doing.
On the brighter side you're still young... maybe pick up the guitar.
Good Luck to you!

#232953 by Jahva
Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:45 pm
vaughnkristonne wrote:Hello and thank you for taking the time to listen to my tracks or so, If I have any natural talent - that will be my will, perseverance, determination, drive and confidence - I am not easily dishearten so I am fine with your opinion and I also do not stoop low so I won't rip out your tunes -

Also worry not, I am continually working with a vocal therapist and a voice coach to put my voice on track and I can dare say that my voice is improving, as well as my sense of pitch - I vocalize and do ear training 5x a week to continue to help my vocal improvement and because of that, I actually do know my own range and limitations.

All that is posted on my SoundCloud page are mere documentaries of my vocal journey towards improvement because I am a visual and auditory type of learner - I need to see and hear my mistakes so that I can work on it, and that's why I post my recording - therefore it's not a concrete result, rather a continuing work in progress, I am keeping it honest so I wont go around and say I am the best or so, The only difference is, now that I am mid-way of my vocal improvement - I can start going out and introduce myself and face more harsher criticism - so that I can continually move forward and not be stuck in a loop.

Again thank you for your opinion, it doesn't stop me rather it fuels me to further achieve my goals. peace

Yup that's at least partly how it works! I live with naysayers. :P

I do wish you the best it's a tough row to hoe... but it sounds like you're determined and devoted... necessary qualities!
Keep posting as you progress.

#232971 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:03 am
Your voice has very nice tone, but as Jahva said, there's some real pitch issues. I would strongly recommend working with a coach on that FIRST. If you have a small keyboard at home, you can use it for practice. A portable recorder like a Tascam or Zoom would let you record your practice and hopefully listen back and be able to tell when you are on pitch or not.

#233025 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Apr 29, 2014 3:34 pm
Good for you on working towards your goals, however I would disagree regarding pitch. There are 'professional' singers who can't keep pitch or dritt from true notes and they can be helped by pitch correction software (Melodyne) in the studio and by devices (TC Helicon) live, but what I heard on some of your samples was like you were in a different key (or multiple keys) from the backing tracks.
A good teacher would let you know this needs to be worked on, not just taking your money and working on HIS agenda.
You CAN learn to sing on pitch assuming you have the ear for it.

#233071 by neanderpaul
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:41 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Good for you on working towards your goals, however I would disagree regarding pitch. There are 'professional' singers who can't keep pitch or dritt from true notes and they can be helped by pitch correction software (Melodyne) in the studio and by devices (TC Helicon) live, but what I heard on some of your samples was like you were in a different key (or multiple keys) from the backing tracks.
A good teacher would let you know this needs to be worked on, not just taking your money and working on HIS agenda.
You CAN learn to sing on pitch assuming you have the ear for it.

X2

Pitch is the most important thing in singing.

#233109 by MikeTalbot
Thu May 01, 2014 12:48 am
Vaughn

Google up a fellow named Arlen Pindebo is the current lead vox in Journey.

His story is inspiring.

With your positive attitude there are ways to be successful. Perhaps most important, find a style that fits your range and run with it.

Talbot