This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232991 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:35 pm
"loved it"

Tell your bassist he better start counting a little more else I am coming to replace him.. lol

Didn't really dig the clarinet, but the guy was still very good. No question there.

I have to say I like the way you play guitar within the structure of the music.
I keep preaching "less is more" to people that want to fill every stinking count of the beat. Easy to tell, you got that aspect down pat.

"Keep it coming, I think I am liking this jazz you do". (heavy Ukrainian accent) lol

#232996 by Planetguy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:24 pm
thanks for checking it out, scott.

Starfish Scott wrote:"loved it"

Tell your bassist he better start counting a little more else I am coming to replace him.. lol

hmmmm, are you sure you don't mean ME when I'm trying to comp chords and walk a bassline behind him in his solo? :lol:

I have to say I like the way you play guitar within the structure of the music.
I keep preaching "less is more" to people that want to fill every stinking count of the beat. Easy to tell, you got that aspect down pat.

if you liked that...you should hear when I don't play at all! that's truly when I sound my best!

seriously though, I've been paring down my playing more and more as time goes on. eventually i'll just be standing there holding an instrument....that should free me up for more beverage consumption. 8)

#233000 by VinnyViolin
Mon Apr 28, 2014 6:37 pm
Nice playing!!!

Clarinet solo sounds great! Very tasty guitaring.

Good balance on the recording.

The room sounds good, if a little noisy ... is that lady asking "can I get oysters with the ice-cream" at the beginning?

#233002 by Planetguy
Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:11 pm
thanks vinny.

doc just has great tone on clarinet (no slouch on bari/tenor/alto/soprano either).

not sure.. but I get the gal saying something like "I've got oysters. Would you like some?"

to which the guy responds "I'm trying to quit"

perhaps he declined because he was concerned about her motivations for the offer and her expectations for later.

#233072 by neanderpaul
Wed Apr 30, 2014 1:45 pm
LOVE the guitar. Great overall.

#233075 by gbheil
Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:13 pm
Yeah . . . this salty ol rock could knock back oysters with rum n coke all night to that.

Sweet . . . 8)

#233078 by Planetguy
Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:38 pm
Paul, George....thanks for looking in and thanks for the kind words.

Now, can you get Ringo to look at it too? f*cker won't return any of my calls!

#233134 by Planetguy
Thu May 01, 2014 2:27 pm
mucho gracias, senor FB!

#233142 by GuitarMikeB
Thu May 01, 2014 10:03 pm
Very nice! This kind of 'jazz' I can dig! I played clarinet in middle school. Hated it. My first 'concert' was a duet with my father on piano (I was 10) doing that old first year standard 'Baccarole'.

#233148 by Planetguy
Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 am
thanks, mike. clarinet is a BITCH! I tried my hand at for awhile back 4th grade.....huh, uh!

Doc (sax/clarinet guy in P-JAZZ) says it's the hardest horn to keep his chops up on.