This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

General discussion for non music topics. BE RESPECTFUL OR YOUR POSTS WILL BE DELETED.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232643 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:18 pm
I have much respect for you Ted. I have no desire to debate.

#232655 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:52 am
GLENNY J wrote:The way I see it is Christmas is the blessing of the birth of Gods son in salvation of the world. I may have read it wrong but it seems you called it a pagan holiday.

Easter. Ditto.

Halloween... I don't know were that all suddenly got mixed in. .

Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays that were "Christianized" in the same way churches are now doing "fall festival" on Halloween. It started out as an alternative to the pagan observance and then became a christianized holiday.

I don't give the devil a single moment of honor, much less a whole day, so enjoy those dates on the calendar. It's a great time for being with family and giving is always permissible, of course.

My previous remarks are only about separating fact from fiction.

#232658 by JCP61
Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:27 pm
it's also a cool way to attack church authority
:D

#232660 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:29 pm
OK Ted, I believe, you believe, Christmas and Easter were to pagan holidays.

I don't know what holidays they were in my absolute ignorance of pre- Christian celebration. However that is as confusing as saying that July fourth was originally celebrated so we could have fireworks and barbecues.

Times have changed in a few thousand years... Now Christmas marks the season with "black friday" and Easter with a spring egg hunt.

I would rather think of them as Holy days. I could be wrong...

#232661 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:32 pm
I can't believe it. This is the 2000 post to this thread.

It's almost the whole history of bandmix in one thread! :wink: :lol:

#232666 by gtZip
Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:43 pm
GLENNY J wrote:I can't believe it. This is the 2000 post to this thread.

It's almost the whole history of bandmix in one thread! :wink: :lol:

Hardly.
'Side show', maybe.

#232667 by VinnyViolin
Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:57 pm
yod wrote:
JCP61 wrote:it's also a cool way to attack church authority

what church authority?

:roll: :?:

#232668 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:44 pm
VinnyViolin wrote:
yod wrote:

what church authority?

Look up the Smithtown bull... Looks the same.

Only thing is you can't smoke around him (town park). Those church leaders would have been BUSTED. However I love that fact that everyone is bowed and praying in that picture... Yeah praying for a good cut of sirloin.

Good one Vinny! :lol:

By the way, you also need a permit for an out door band comprising of 2 or more players. That church is screwed if they didn't get the right government permission. :lol:

#232681 by JCP61
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:05 am
yod wrote:

what church authority?

you asked and answered your own question :roll:

#232682 by JCP61
Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:28 am
or let me put it another way;
it is much better to sit with as much humility as you can muster,
and dye a few Easter eggs with some fellow believers and commemorate events cited in the gospel,
than to sit at home alone and hammer out little tin halo's and be constantly crowning your self pope of christian dogma.
not realizing most of what you say is either irrelevant to Christ or just inaccurate rumors of improbable actions by people long dead thousands of yrs ago.

#232683 by DainNobody
Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:23 pm
yod wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:The way I see it is Christmas is the blessing of the birth of Gods son in salvation of the world. I may have read it wrong but it seems you called it a pagan holiday.

Easter. Ditto.

Christmas and Easter are pagan holidays that were "Christianized" in the same way churches are now doing "fall festival" on Halloween. It started out as an alternative to the pagan observance and then became a christianized holiday.

I don't give the devil a single moment of honor, much less a whole day, so enjoy those dates on the calendar. It's a great time for being with family and giving is always permissible, of course.

coming from the "ignorant fool" camp, Ted, your comment about the devil had me laughing my azz off! all the time I was reading you Christianized pagan holiday crap I kept thinking of Flip Wilson in female attire known as Geraldine, saying "get away from me devil" in a high pitched femal voice.. LOL

#232686 by VinnyViolin
Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:28 pm

#232691 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:18 pm
Dayne Nobody IV wrote:
yod wrote:

Easter. Ditto.

coming from the "ignorant fool" camp, Ted, your comment about the devil had me laughing my azz off! all the time I was reading you Christianized pagan holiday crap I kept thinking of Flip Wilson in female attire known as Geraldine, saying "get away from me devil" in a high pitched femal voice.. LOL

The devil made me do it!

Bro, I'm sorry. What I meant to say is that you are being played by the politicians you trust and need to think about it before you help them anymore.

I can look out the window of my room last night and tonight at the Auschwicz Concentration camp, did a concert in this city a few hours ago. This entire tour has been booked around Holocaust historical events leading up to the March of Life Hungary, where I'm going tomorrow for the last week.

I don't just read history. Since 2006 I go to the historical places and touch it. I study on the very spots where it happened and talk to the people who were there. I've been to hundreds of former labor camps and almost every single death camp, more than anyone here could name without looking it up.

I want to know how the most sophisticated nation in Europe could go south so quickly. Hitler killed 11 million people in these camps...with only a lie. Most of them were told they were going to be resettled in a better place, that work could make them free, and they would get free health care. They just needed to take a shower before de-liceing.

So I realize you are trying to be a good citizen when you believe the liars in American politics have your interests in mind. But history tells me they don't. So either you are deceived by them or in denial of the obvious. Either way, they are turning you against the freedom Americans have enjoyed for more than 200 years until now.

Just like any dictator you could name, when they convince you that you are a victim of someone else (Bundy's cows eating free grass for example) then they can turn you into a perpetrator for their hidden agenda, which isn't for your good but theirs. Meanwhile, I'm watching a nightmare repeat itself and trying to wake people up before it's too late.

But regardless, I apologize if my remarks were too personal. I just fear where the liars are taking us and directed my angst in the wrong direction. At you.

Again...I'm truly sorry for not being more graceful about it. Fear does that to me and I should have recognized it.

#232692 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:27 pm
JCP61 wrote:or let me put it another way;
it is much better to sit with as much humility as you can muster,
and dye a few Easter eggs with some fellow believers and commemorate events cited in the gospel,
than to sit at home alone and hammer out little tin halo's and be constantly crowning your self pope of christian dogma.
not realizing most of what you say is either irrelevant to Christ or just inaccurate rumors of improbable actions by people long dead thousands of yrs ago.

Could you be just a little more vague?

I'm citing factual history and you're doing philosophical cartwheels. What are you attempting to communicate?

I'm all for commemorating events cited in the gospel. I'm just saying there is a better way than taking pagan rituals and christianizing them. The Passover is a biblical event. It is also the best way to observe the death of Christ on a cross. It has several layers of deep meaning, both literal and spiritual. The Feast of Firstfruits is the biblical observance of the resurrection. Why borrow from Babylon when God gave us a better way?

You are the one following "dogma" since you obviously don't know what the Feast of Firstfruits is. Hint: It's mentioned and explained throughout the bible, unlike Easter.

So I'll take the original faith of Abraham that was handed down from the Prophets of Israel to the Messiah of Israel, over the European version of falsehoods from corrupt men that hide behind religious manipulation and control.

Yuck. Who needs that? Keep it if you want...

Sorry to hijack your thread, Vamp.

Y'all have a nice day :lol: