This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232321 by ValentinBk
Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:10 pm
Hey everyone! Im happy to share with you my latest track I was working on for the last 2 months. Its called Never Peace Of Mind, its a prog rock instrumental with metal, hard and alt rock influences. And as usual it has a lot of emphasis on the guitar solo.

Sit back, have a listen, and let me know what you think!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLdOFuB7mEM

#232327 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 am
Val, I hope you are young and willing to understand the importance of being an individual. You are playing guitar with some good technical skill. You are putting in some good effort.

I am in no way trying to discourage you, but you are singing to the choir. A bunch of great players that are going to tell you, yeah that was great, yada yada yada...

The point is you are dealing some very talented people. Try to keep that in mind and they will help you.
P.S. post it on here if you can.

#232331 by JCP61
Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:40 am
very decent
I enjoyed that.

#232336 by ValentinBk
Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:31 am
GLENNY J wrote:Val, I hope you are young and willing to understand the importance of being an individual. You are playing guitar with some good technical skill. You are putting in some good effort.

I am in no way trying to discourage you, but you are singing to the choir. A bunch of great players that are going to tell you, yeah that was great, yada yada yada...

The point is you are dealing some very talented people. Try to keep that in mind and they will help you.
P.S. post it on here if you can.

Im not entirely sure what you mean.
JCP61 wrote:very decent
I enjoyed that.

Thanks man!

#232347 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:55 pm
Very fine playing, but the canned drums don't fit the guitar playing well, possibly too much "on the beat/note" accenting (I'm not a drummer and struggle with drum tracks too).

#232363 by ValentinBk
Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:30 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:Very fine playing, but the canned drums don't fit the guitar playing well, possibly too much "on the beat/note" accenting (I'm not a drummer and struggle with drum tracks too).

I did get quite a lot of comments that the drums sound too "robotic" and that I should humanize them. Now if someone actually told me how to do that.. Id be real happy :D

#232393 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:02 am
I use EZ Drummer, and there is a plug-in to use in conjunction with MIDI programs like that called Schwann Humanizer. It's adjustable and varies the strength (volume) and timing in a random way. Another thing to do is go into the MIDI editor and move the volumes and timing manually.
Last edited by GuitarMikeB on Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

#232404 by JCP61
Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:03 pm
your welcome

humanize the drums all you want I'll still know it's not a real drummer
and so will everyone else

besides it gives people with nothing to say, something to say.

#232409 by GuitarMikeB
Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:58 pm
JCP61 wrote:your welcome

Actually, you might be surprised to find that most non-musicians don't know and/or don't care!

#232410 by JCP61
Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:09 pm
the point would be moot then
yes?

#232437 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:31 am
JCP61 wrote:the point would be moot then
yes?

But it doesn't mean you can't do the best you can with the tools you have.

#232486 by ValentinBk
Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:36 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I use EZ Drummer, and there is a plug-in to use in conjunction with MIDI programs like that called Schwann Humanizer. It's adjustable and varies the strength (volume) and timing in a random way. Another thing to do is go into the MIDI editor and move the volumes and timing manually.

Are you sure you spelled that humanizer correctly? Googled it and found nothing.

Im not intending to fool anyone or something, my goal here is just to have the best sound with the means that I have. Id say I made pretty good progress from my first demo in the sound department, but Im always looking how to improve the quality of the recording without spending a fortune on a home studio :D

#232491 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:44 pm
It's one of the VSTs that came wiht Reaper. I'll check it at home tonight.

#232495 by MikeTalbot
Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:30 pm
Mike

i recently purchased Reaper. I'll have to check that out.

thx
Talbot

#232511 by JCP61
Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:22 am
ValentinBk wrote:
GuitarMikeB wrote:I use EZ Drummer, and there is a plug-in to use in conjunction with MIDI programs like that called Schwann Humanizer. It's adjustable and varies the strength (volume) and timing in a random way. Another thing to do is go into the MIDI editor and move the volumes and timing manually.

Are you sure you spelled that humanizer correctly? Googled it and found nothing.

Im not intending to fool anyone or something, my goal here is just to have the best sound with the means that I have. Id say I made pretty good progress from my first demo in the sound department, but Im always looking how to improve the quality of the recording without spending a fortune on a home studio :D

if you really want to humanize your drums in an dignified way
get a notation program and write the the drums as opposed to program them like most folks.