This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#232306 by gtZip
Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:05 pm
Especially all of the cheap ones, and the entry level stuff.

Do they eternally circle from dusty closet to dusty closet?

Do landfills take them?

Are people out there buying them up and repurposing the materials somehow?
It seems pretty wasteful to have millions of chunks of wood and parts just laying around. Not that I'm a tree-hugger, I just got to thinking about how wasteful it can be.
#232307 by DainNobody
Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:02 pm
gtZip wrote:Especially all of the cheap ones, and the entry level stuff.

Do they eternally circle from dusty closet to dusty closet?

Do landfills take them?

Are people out there buying them up and repurposing the materials somehow?
It seems pretty wasteful to have millions of chunks of wood and parts just laying around. Not that I'm a tree-hugger, I just got to thinking about how wasteful it can be.
wall hangers as art objects.. mounted at 45 degree angles..sometimes encased..

#232309 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:30 pm
The sub-$100 ones (First Act, Walmart...) probably mostly end up in the landfill. I've seen some 'Stratocaster' floor lamps. :wink:

#232312 by DainNobody
Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:46 pm
encased means a custom made clear polyvinyl see thru case is made, not a guitar case.. thought I would clear that up.. LOL i

#232316 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:14 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:The sub-$100 ones (First Act, Walmart...) probably mostly end up in the landfill. I've seen some 'Stratocaster' floor lamps. :wink:

http://creationsandcollections.com/Elec ... Floor-Lamp (aw, rats, sold out - at $379!!)
Oh, better deal, only $295 for this one: http://www.wildaboutmusic.com/123051440.html

$499 for these ones! but strumming the strings activates the 3-way dimmer: http://www.guitarlamp.com/Rockstar.htm I wonder if you have to keep them in tune for the dimmer to work right? :roll:

#232317 by zar535135
Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:30 pm
I have had my fair share of old guitars and "Cheap" old guitars and basses. I've had old "cheap" guitars made by Cortez and Crestline and even no-name guitars.
To "Old" guitars and basses made by Gibson, Guild,Ibenez and Rickenbacker. they were either sold off to live a longer existance of ended up in the trash heap.

#232329 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:17 am
Old guitars never die. I'm not talking about the cheap ones,(firewood). :)

#232351 by Starfish Scott
Sat Apr 12, 2014 1:46 pm
lol depends on which type we're talking about..

All acoustic guitars that sounded badly; Sigma Dm, Yamaha acoustic, a really bad molded acoustic and a couple others were smashed to pieces on backyard wrestling shows..

3-4 cheap ass Chinese strats have been set on fire or thrown directly into the chipper.

I had a keyboard that died on me in Quakertown and afterwards, we burned that as well. (it was a total loss anyway)

Old guitars that were any good at all that become unplayable become wall hangers..but only the worthy ones. (no cheap crap)

#232359 by DainNobody
Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:30 pm
I'll frame a First Act, every guitar is beautiful, never did ever care for equipment snobs..