This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#231531 by slanoue
Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:48 am
Fabulous female rock singer would like to start a band (or join one that needs a singer). I want to sing mostly oldies but with maybe an occasional more recent song. I sing lots of types of music but I want a band that can do Janis Joplin, Heart, Linda Ronstadt, Blondie etc. I'm more than willing to share the singing, though, if the other band members want to do other oldies, and I can also sing backup. Let me know if you're interested. I live downtown and I don't have a place to practice or any equipment. I would like to get a band that will practice weekly and get some gigs around town... mostly for fun but we need reliable musicians who will practice and learn songs. Thanks!

Suzanne

#231542 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:51 pm
What's the band/musician/gig scene like in Honolulu? You're the first person from there I can remember posting in these forums.

#231544 by gbheil
Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:48 pm
Search function . . . like a hammer . . . it works if you swing it.

Best wishes.

P.S.

IMO we should refrain from 'tooting our own' in referencing ourselves as a 'fabulous' anything.
Allow our work to do the bragging . . . otherwise we may turn away those with whom we may work well via the appearances of egotism.

In the words of the infamous Tuco Ramirez . . .
"when it's time to shoot . . . SHOOT . . . don't talk "

#231592 by MikeTalbot
Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:26 am
George

I've always loved sleazy Mexican banditos. It's Ironic that the sleaziest of them all was a daggone gringo: Eli Wallach! :wink:

Runner up was El Segundo in Valdez is Coming. Examiningg the skinny daughter of a guy his men are beating up notes that, "She would do, perhaps, as the first woman of the day." He gets extra points for probably the most macho comment ever made by a Mexican bandito!

Talbot