This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#231345 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:42 am
A while back. Once upon a time.
This guy Stephan posted a thread. IN MY OWN STUPIDITY I felt he was just posting his own self serving needs. I thought he was a TROLL for all sorts of stuff. I thought he was spamming. In my own stupidity I decided to MODERATE him. Boy was I dumb. This is coming from an older and should be wiser idiot. I wrote some very nasty things to "RUN THIS TROLL OFF"
Funny thing happened.
I ran into a very wise man that harbored NO prejudice and spewed back no personal attacks. Every time someone came at him with vile and libelous attacks he brushed it off to make his point. He argued with logic and common sense, leaving anger out of the picture.

Since then I have not only publicly apologized but have apologized privately.
We stay in contact even though he is no longer a participant here. I consider him to be a great person and man... Even though we don't always agree on politics. He will always be a friend.

To sort of cut to chase so to speak... One of the things Stephan taught over and over was to leave ANGER out of any argument. If any one has the time go and read through the whole thread, He did it with actions more than words, and words more than anger. I learned much from that discourse. I am grateful there were no moderators to step in a make personal decisions to censor.

Instead the FREEDOM, the OWNERS of bandmix allowed, prevailed. That is a major reason why this site is so FREE... Free to open discourse. Why it is so great.

Yeah that thread is Vampiers.
#231379 by Firebird78
Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:21 pm
OK……point taken. You misjudged someone and then felt bad about it. We’ve all done it. However, I don’t think anyone is misjudging “mywillie” or misjudging people selling watches, flowers, or fake passports.
#231380 by Planetguy
Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:03 pm
GLENNY J wrote:I ran into a very wise man that harbored NO prejudice and spewed back no personal attacks. Every time someone came at him with vile and libelous attacks he brushed it off to make his point. He argued with logic and common sense, leaving anger out of the picture.

glen, for me... where you and i have run aground is when i find your assessment of things, of peoples actions, of their motivations... to be coming from another dimension or some parallel universe.... and what i believe to be your motivations for doing so.

as much as i would like to believe that our disagreements lie in the fact we have very different politics...more often than not i chalk these "misunderstandings" (w me and others) up as being the result of you looking for someone to cross swords with.

and towards that end i've seen you grossly distort things and well....to put it as nicely as i can....be less than honest.

surely you can't honestly believe and state as fact that vamp never lost his temper, never spewed back attacks, and didn't get into a range war w anyone???

is that REALLY how you see it???

from where i sit..that hurts your credibility.

....i just now remembered how bugged he used to get by me using the word "folks" and how more than once he had written several paragraphs on the subject! guess i musta missed his "logic and common sense" in those attacks. :D
#231381 by J-HALEY
Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:08 pm
Planetguy wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:I ran into a very wise man that harbored NO prejudice and spewed back no personal attacks. Every time someone came at him with vile and libelous attacks he brushed it off to make his point. He argued with logic and common sense, leaving anger out of the picture.

glen, for me... where you and i have run aground is when i find your assessment of things, of peoples actions, of their motivations... to be coming from another dimension or some parallel universe.... and what i believe to be your motivations for doing so.

as much as i would like to believe that our disagreements lie in the fact we have very different politics...more often than not i chalk these "misunderstandings" (w me and others) up as being the result of you looking for someone to cross swords with.

and towards that end i've seen you grossly distort things and well....to put it as nicely as i can....be less than honest.

surely you can't honestly believe and state as fact that vamp never lost his temper, never spewed back attacks, and didn't get into a range war w anyone???

....i just now remembered how bugged he used to get by me using the word "folks" and how more than once he had written several paragraphs on the subject! guess i musta missed his "logic and common sense" in those attacks. :D

The way I see it Mark is it is the difference in politics and the fact that us musicians are an overly passionate group and that includes you. I think all of us will argue to the point that eventually runs every one off this site. Look how many good ones have left in the last 4 or 5 years. Dang I fear one day I'll look around and find myself the only @sshole left! :shock: :lol:

#231383 by Planetguy
Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:11 pm
jeff, i thank you for that most excellent post. 8) 8)

seriously, i do agree w you about the passion and conviction of many musicians.

and there are many musicians here whose politics are very different from mine. some choose not to discuss politics and i respect them for sticking to that.

however there are plenty of "folks" (haha) w different politics and views than my own who i can talk with at great length and never have to worry about them trying to WIN an argument by any means necessary. or by distorting what i've said....or accusing me of attacking someone else.

and by all of that ....i mean being less than honest.

i'll put up w that (and i did) for awhile......and then.....i'm out.

glad to hear you're digging your strat. you deserve a fine gtr! (uh, make that SEVERAL).

and don't worry about being the LAST asshole here....i'm not planning on going anywhere! :wink: 8)

eat well. $hit well. :lol:
#231389 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:12 am
Firebird78 wrote:OK……point taken. You misjudged someone and then felt bad about it. We’ve all done it. However, I don’t think anyone is misjudging “mywillie” or misjudging people selling watches, flowers, or fake passports.

Actually firebird you missed a major point of that post.

I actually wrote that, inviting all sorts of personal attack... Just to see who was so quick to censor and judge.

This was all past history you had little to do with.

#231390 by MikeTalbot
Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:24 am
Don't worry Mr. Haley. There is never a shortage of assholes! :wink:

I certainly do my part.

Talbot
#231391 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:36 am
Planetguy wrote:

You are not going to goad me into this. Yes this post was specifically directed at YOU.
Surely you state something and you expect everyone to mark it as the truth.
You continuously claim my dishonesty. That is your best line of defense. Say it a million times and people start to believe it. That is typical PROGRESSIVE POLITICS.
What really hurts your credibility is your anger. Let me remind you...
STEPHAN never promised to give you an ASSS WHOOPING.

You have a lot of anger. It is really unfortunate for you that your feelings get in the way of all the rational thought that... Shows tremendous intelligence.

It is a shame your EGO destroys all that.

Any way, I WIN. Once again your major weakness got the better of YOU! :lol:

#231416 by Starfish Scott
Sat Mar 22, 2014 3:10 pm
(wake me when something important is said) lol
#231734 by Vampier
Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:50 pm
Glen ... Ta very much for your kind words. There is a story about a scorpion needing a ride across the river and assuring a rabbit that if it gives him a ride on its back across then it need not fear as the scorpion really needs a ride and PROMISES to not sting it. The rabbit obliges and the scorpion stings it and as it lay dying it asks why and the scorpion laughs while stating ever so proudly ... I am a scorpion.

Very soon Plant Guy will be without a Planet and all the scorpions will be dying with all the other living things upon this planet. Perhaps the American CEOs that run TEPCO will laugh and state ever so proudly that they are greedy pieces of brainless feces totally devoid of empathy, humanity and soon spirit and Masons and supporters of the NWO and all the filth it brings.

But perhaps not.

#231774 by Planetguy
Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:59 am
truth be known...what really wilts my foliage is the possible end of photosynthesis as we know it.

now...where DID my woman hide my chlorophyll?

#231780 by VinnyViolin
Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:36 am
Planetguy wrote:truth be known...what really wilts my foliage is the possible end of photosynthesis as we know it.

now...where DID my woman hide my chlorophyll?

http://youtu.be/pvbOycaHiBY :D

#231782 by zar535135
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:17 am
I joined this site, June of 2013. While being a new member, I came across some post that were considered "Stale" or "Non-active". While being "New" to me I posted to them. Many of the responses that followed my posts were short of nothing but "Immature" and "Juvenile".
This being the internet (filled with anonymous inappropriate behavior) nothing really surprises me anymore, but I will say I was surprised such comments came from so-called mature adults. In the short amount of time I have been here I have seen enough to know that a good percentage of the debates that go on between some members are nothing more than "Pissing" contests.
They serve no purpose other than to dig at and "personally" insult each other.

#231783 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:21 am
VinnyViolin wrote:http://youtu.be/8TxdqTUrvz0

That was funny Vinny. Those girls dance worse than I do... And that's pretty bad.