This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#230444 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:09 pm
kev101594 wrote:Since when have Killing Joke been obscure??

who???

:?: :roll:

Trapeze gets my vote. They were famous around my area in Southeast Texas but it's rare to find people who still remember them.

Their members went on to be in bands like Judas Priest, Whitesnake, and Deep Purple.

#230910 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:39 am
todd578042 wrote:how about Kings X ?
I am surprised that amount of people that HAVE NOT heard about them !!

My rock band in the 80s did a label showcase only once. We had done a great set and I was feeling good about our chances...then Kings X played. They got the deal.

Today, their producer (Sam Taylor) is a neighbor of mine. Cool guy...also produced Galactic Cowboys and a CD by Third Day.

#230946 by zar535135
Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:10 pm
American Noise
U.K.
Cindy Buelins
Whitford/St.Holmes
Benny Mardonis

#231616 by T2071
Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:27 pm
Angel

The Left Banke ["Pretty Ballerina", "Walk Away Rene" songs]

Stillwater, ["Mind Bender" song]

Badlands [had Eric Singer of KISS and Jake E Lee who played with Ozzy)

Hawkwind [Lemmy pre-Motorhead for awhile]

Elf [Ronnie James Dio band, also all of final line up other then guitarist became the 1st line up of Rainbow with Richie Blackmore]
#236218 by ArtS
Wed Sep 03, 2014 4:23 pm
This post is pretty long. Has anyone mentioned "The Michael Stanley Band"? I know Michael does some stuff on his own these days.
#236311 by schmedidiah
Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:44 pm
My brother introduced me to Poi Dog in '90, about the time he was getting into the Grateful Dead, but I was still all classic rock and metal. I really don't remember much about them. I'll add them to my list of bands to check out on youboob.

My obscure bands (at least the 2 I'm thinking about at the moment);

Expanding Man - released one album, '96. I saw them open for Stone Temple Pilots that year.
I just got back into their album, Head To The Ground. The music is post-grunge MOR /AOR, but the vocals are amazing. This guy had the best pipes of any band of that era. They just didn't catch on.

Mona Lisa Overdrive - a duo of studio musicians (one worked for Frank Zappa for years) make Ministry / Nine Inch Nails type music, but on their only album (self titled, 7 songs, 32 minutes), they go through several genres of music, even in the same song. I saw them live at a radio station festival.

Ironically, both of these defunct bands have had their names hijacked by younger acts that I've seen on YouTube. :roll: