This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#229054 by Flute Parfait
Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:09 pm
Having just re-subscribed, I am having second thoughts and I have just contacted the powers that be as follows:

Hi

I've just renewed my subscription, but had forgotten about some of the things I don't like about Bandmix and am discovering others - I'm slightly regretting forking out. In no particular order:

1. I think it's far too expensive now.
2. Profile pics are all missing since last night.
3. You don't seem to be keeping us advised of problems. You have a forum - [but - Ed.] you haven't posted announcements for some time [last posting June 2010!!! - Ed.]. This is the perfect place to show your customers that you actually care about them!
4. Paying to be a featured artist is a bit rich - you only show two on the home page, so not much chance of appearing there!
5. I followed the instructions in an email from you for turning off automatic renewals (which I only read by chance - there was no clear statement of this intent!) but can't see it anywhere. Not impressed.
6. The search facility is very clunky. I won't go into specifics... I think it's the job of your IT department to do the necessary research and make this work for your customers.
7. As (I guess) a US based company, the UK locations ('Browse local musicians and bands in the United Kingdom') don't make a lot of sense and the layout is very basic and certainly not user friendly.
8. (This is a problem I don't remember in the past) There's a tendency for the listings generated after a search to fail after viewing a few pages. Error message generated and no way to get back to the listing.

All in all the feeling is that you don't really care about anything other than raking in subscriptions, including those that you receive due to an oversight on the part of those who don't realise the default is for automatic renewals.

Your comments would be appreciated.

Jane

I think I've forgotten other gripes - perhaps you can add to those above? Am I being unfair? :?:

#229055 by Deadguitars
Wed Jan 22, 2014 7:38 pm
You are expecting too much from this site I think

#229056 by Flute Parfait
Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:03 pm
Why do you think that, Deadguitars? Seriously interested to know why we shouldn't expect a good service for our money! I run a website myself, so I know that things can go wrong, but I'm always there for my customers and get wonderful testimonials from them because they know that I care :)

#229058 by gbheil
Wed Jan 22, 2014 9:43 pm
I've been here a long time.
On and off as a Premier Member as needed.
What few problems I've encountered were addressed promptly by the Mother-ship.
Certainly you have the right to complain if you feel there are issues to be addressed.
However, being as you asked, I feel by my experience that your complaints are totally unfounded.
Then again, as I stated.
This has been my experience with Bandmix.

#229062 by MikeTalbot
Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:56 pm
Have to agree with George. Ten bucks a month doesn't give them any huge operating fund to make the improvements you want.

Talbot

#229077 by jw123
Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:34 pm
LOL they should be fixing me a sammich every other day for the huge amount of money it cost to be on here, but heck wait, you dont have to pay if you dont want too.

Welcome to the Forum Jane

#229133 by Hayden King
Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:48 am
ease up on her guys; she's certainly not the first, or even one of a few that have complained about this site. I have had memberships on other band sites that address problems pretty quickly, or at least respond to your complaints... and $10 is $10 when you can get the same services elsewhere for free.

But flute you can drop your subscription and just use it for free like i do. Just include your contact info in your post and rely on that.

Salute!

#229161 by gbheil
Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:28 pm
I do not feel I was being 'harsh'.
I felt it was necessary to point out that not all experiences are the same.
And even if they were, perception will rule . . . always.

#229180 by Slacker G
Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:53 pm
Sometimes it is better to leave than to complain. The rule of thumb today is buyer beware. What you see is what you get.

I have yet to hear anyone say how grateful they are that someone bothered to take the time and make the effort to put up a forum such as this one and offer it free for all to share.

Generally speaking, I even enjoy most of the A holes on Band Mix...... of which I am certainly considered to be one by some with opposing views. But that is the way it is even with family members. :)

#229188 by gbheil
Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:13 am
Yep . . . we all love that crazy uncle . . . :wink: :lol:

#229214 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:54 pm
Slacker

"I have yet to hear anyone say how grateful they are that someone bothered to take the time and make the effort to put up a forum such as this one and offer it free for all to share. "

Actually I think George and I have come pretty close to that - we've both had some success in meeting good players that way. Which is not to claim that it is easy - just that it is doable. And I don't need egg in my beer! :wink:

Just for the record though - I'm quite grateful for the site. How else would I meet a bunch of rascals like You all?

Talbot