This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#20535 by PhrAiLGuitarist
Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:42 pm
Wegman wrote:Rush.

That's all.

I couldn't have said it any better myself! :lol: I love those guys. I'm SO thrilled they're going to be touring the Snakes and Arrows album again! I wasn't *too* hip on Vapor Trails but Snakes and Arrows... I love that album. Regardless, they are amazing live each and every time I see them. I realize they aren't everyone's cup of tea but for whatever reason, despite ALL of the bands I love, Rush stands as my all-time favorite.

-Stephen

#20551 by jmccabe
Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:54 pm
irish anthony wrote:nirvana,muse,police,underworld,alabama3 and the dirty three(from nick caves bad seeds).
I second Muse. It's a surprise actually to only see them mentioned once so far! Rush are up there IMO though as well.

#20675 by HowlinJ
Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:16 pm
Rush certainly is a prominent brick in rock@roll's "wall of fame".

I've played with my share of good drummers in my day, and many cite "Neil Peart" as their biggest influence.

I personally never got to heavy into "Rush". Although I appreciate anyone who can play bass and sing complex lyrics simultaneously, I simply didn't like the sound of Getty Lee's voice. Still , a great band !

#21018 by gbheil
Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:53 pm
I was impressed with them in concert. Lee was playing with both hands and his feet while singing. WoW that take coordination.

#21053 by jimmydanger
Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:21 am
I think most people respect Rush as musicians but some people have a hard time getting by Geddy's voice. I was into them from Hemispheres to Moving Pictures, lost interest after that. But as a three piece they are great.

#21061 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:33 pm
jimmydanger wrote:I think most people respect Rush as musicians but some people have a hard time getting by Geddy's voice. I was into them from Hemispheres to Moving Pictures, lost interest after that. But as a three piece they are great.

*Boos, does not like Rush* :P

But I will admit from the couple of songs I have heard of theirs that they are talented. I can never deny talent even if I dislike a band, however, if I do not like you and you have no talent then watch what I say. :D

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#21753 by Chris2203
Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:26 pm
Cream, Motorhead, Wolfmother and Burning Brides

#22841 by Otis6
Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:39 am
Best three piece.Hm, Rush,Triumph,Cream,ZZtop,Jeff healey,and SRV and Double Trouble before he threw in K boards

#23233 by HowlinJ
Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:19 am
I got a new one,

Shreddin' Teddy & One Day Broken! (second only to The Howlin' Trio)

#23246 by Needle in a haystack
Tue Feb 26, 2008 1:38 am
sanshouheil wrote:I was impressed with them in concert. Lee was playing with both hands and his feet while singing. WoW that take coordination.

SS drummers do that all the time. :wink:

#23453 by http://bandmix.com/DJ/
Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:28 pm
A La Carte (Hollywood Power Trio from the late 70's, early 80's).

#23903 by mindmelters
Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:04 am
heres a new one juicehead really great

#23989 by Barry B
Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:59 am
Rush is by far my favorite three piece band. They're a musician's band. My hat goes off to Peart

#24514 by philbymon
Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:19 pm
WHAT?!?!?!

No Buddy Holly & the Crickets?

They WERE the 1st 3-piece on a major label...& good for thier time.

Cream

Who (3 piece & vox)

Nirvana