This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#226664 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:46 pm
:lol:

Letterman's Top 10 Reasons to Vote Democrat

1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I’ve decided to marry my German Shepherd.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companys' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

:lol:

STFU... Glenny.

Just stirring the pot... Before this site evaporates. :lol:

#226692 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:13 pm
I know this is not Letterman, however ...

The big oil companies make a LOT MORE than 4% profit. The gas station owners, however, don't.

#226697 by J-HALEY
Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:06 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:I know this is not Letterman, however ...

The big oil companies make a LOT MORE than 4% profit. The gas station owners, however, don't.

Sorry Mike you are wrong on this. At best the oil companies make 4% on a gallon of gas. Oil companies make most of their profit off of oil byproducts such as polymers. That is what the greenie's fail to tell the public. If you place to many restrictions on oil companies they will curtail refining of gas and we all pay higher prices. Most corps. considering the profit margin of gas wouldn't even produce it.

#226702 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:44 pm
The numbers vary, but generally 7-8% is the oil company profit margin.
I'm not crying for them.
2011 first quarter profit numbers:
America’s largest oil and gas companies recently announced their earnings reports for the first quarter of 2011. The figures were eye-popping: Exxon Mobil alone posted $10.7 billion in profits. Chevron and ConocoPhillips –the next two biggest U.S. firms in the industry–posted smaller but still impressive numbers of $6.2 billion and $3 billion, respectively.

#226704 by Planetguy
Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 pm
From DAILY KOS

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/09/2 ... Republican

Top 10 reasons to vote Republican

Why would anyone vote Republican? Well, here are 10 reasons.

1. You are a bigot

It's true that not all Republicans are bigots. But if you ARE a bigot, the Republican party will be much more your group than the Democratic party. Remember that there are lots of ways to be a bigot: You could be a racist, a homophobe, an Islamophobe, or lots of other things.

2. You like eating, drinking and breathing poison.

Many Republicans are calling for or voting for shrinking or eliminating agencies that protect us against poison. They seem to think that the corporations will do the right thing, without any pressure from the government. Uh huh. Read The Jungle. Look at the way Monsanto is hiding facts about Round Up. Look at food safety and outbreaks of E. Coli.

Corporations exist to make money. They will do so any way they can. The government needs to stop them from doing so in ways that hurt people.

3. You think the rich don't have enough money

The idea that giving more money to rich people (via tax breaks) will help poor people is nonsensical and has been shown wrong time and again in history. Huge tax breaks for the rich (a la George Bush) don't work.

4. You don't support our veterans

The Iraq and Afghanistan Veteran's Association (IAVA) rates every member of congress on how well they support our veterans. In the Senate, 9 people got A or A+: All were Democrats. 30 got D or F: 29 Republicans and one Democrat. More on this

5. You like big deficits

Since the end of WW II the ratio of debt to GDP for the nation has gone down in 9 administrations (3 Republican and 6 Democratic) and up in 7 administrations (6 Republican and 1 Democratic). The largest increases by this measure were GW Bush's 2nd term; GHW Bush, and Reagan's first term. The largest decreases were the three terms right after the end of WWII (Truman and Eisenhower). The last decrease under a Republican was in Eisenhower's 2nd term

source

6. You don't believe in free speech.

The American Civil Liberties Union is the premier defender of our civil liberties, including the right to free speech. That's free speech for EVERYONE; from Nazis to Marxists to Fred Phelps to anyone else. They rate politicians, including governors, senators and representatives. 12 people got a 100 rating: All were Democrats. 65 people got a score of less than 10: All were Republicans. Only 6 Democrats got a score under 50 (Joe Donnelly, Michael Ross, Collin Peterson, Joseph Shuler, Mark Critz and David Boren). Only 2 Republicans got scores over 50 (Olympia Snowe and Mark Kirk) Full list

7. You like big government

The Republicans like to claim they are against big government. It's a lie. They only object when government helps people. But they are supporters of the Patriot Act; they want the government to say who you can marry; they want the government to forbid abortion; they want the government to be able to spy on you without restraint. Unfortunately, many Democrats agree with them on some of these, but to find opposition to these big government ideas, you have to look to the Democrats.

8. You want government to hurt people, but not help them

This is really just a summation of some other points.

9. You are greedy, short sighted and rich

You really have to be all three for this to work.

If you're rich but not short-sighted, you know that, in the long run, when there is huge income inequality, it leads to things like stock market crashes and revolution, and everyone loses. In a revolution, it is often the rich who lose most.

If you're rich but not greedy, you recognize that helping others is a good thing, and that the government assuring that people have a safety net is a good thing as well.

10. You like torture

The Democrats don't exactly shine here, but the Republicans are much worse. It was, after all, Dick Cheney who bragged in his memoir about being a war criminal. It was Don Rumsfeld who opined that a problem in Abu Ghraib was that they weren't torturing prisoners enough. And it is mostly Democrats who have objected to torture.

Torture is wrong. It's also stupid. It doesn't work. People who are tortured will say ANYTHING (true or not) that they thing their torturers want to hear.

#226707 by DainNobody
Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:27 pm
Mark, thank you for that post. sure to be some good entertainment soon following.. :lol:

#226708 by Planetguy
Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:33 pm
whatever d'ya mean, dane????? :lol:

i was gonna ignore this thread, but i thought it might be entertaining to see how my posting the above will likely get spun w mock indignation as an "unprovoked attack". :wink:

#226724 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:30 am
Just a thought Mark. I listened to your new songs with your mandolin playing.

I posted a smiley face just to let you know I listened, and to say that in my opinion was cool...

Just a thought...

#226725 by Planetguy
Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:53 am
well, glen i've always maintained that i'm not nearly as smart as you've generously given me credit for.

honestly. i had no no idea what the smiley face meant. and now i do.

please accept a serious and heartfelt thanks.

#226727 by gbheil
Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:29 am
In whom is greed vile, them or us ?

#226807 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:32 am
Letterman's Top 10 Reasons to Vote Democrat

1. I voted Democrat because I love the fact that I can now marry whatever I want. I’ve decided to marry my German Shepherd.

2. I voted Democrat because I believe oil companys' profits of 4% on a gallon of gas are obscene, but the government taxing the same gallon of gas at 15% isn’t.

3. I voted Democrat because I believe the government will do a better job of spending the money I earn than I would.

4. I voted Democrat because Freedom of Speech is fine as long as nobody is offended by it.

5. I voted Democrat because I'm way too irresponsible to own a gun, and I know that my local police are all I need to protect me from murderers and thieves. I am also thankful that we have a 911 service that get police to your home in order to identify your body after a home invasion.

6. I voted Democrat because I'm not concerned about millions of babies being aborted so long as we keep all death row inmates alive and comfy.

7. I voted Democrat because I think illegal aliens have a right to free health care, education, and Social Security benefits, and we should take away the social security from those who paid into it.

8. I voted Democrat because I believe that businesses should not be allowed to make profits for themselves. They need to break even and give the rest away to the government for redistribution as the Democrats see fit.

9. I voted Democrat because I believe liberal judges need to rewrite the Constitution every few days to suit some fringe kooks who would never get their agendas past the voters.

10. I voted Democrat because I think that it's better to pay billions for oil to people who hate us, but not drill our own because it might upset some endangered beetle, gopher or fish.

All I've seen is nonsense posted against this. Some of you guys are blinded by your own arrogance.

Ya know what????... Slackers right... It really don't matter. :roll:

#226809 by VinnyViolin
Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:18 am
Don't worry Glenny ... you are not alone!!!

#227179 by Planetguy
Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 pm
look for my bill in the mail! 8)