This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#225384 by Lynard Dylan
Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:59 am
for you old fukkers, this band fuking rocks. We've added this song to our set list, to try to stay current, and not play the same old goddam classic rock bullshit everybody plays, we're trying to add 3 newer songs per set to make us a little more current anyway here's this tune that rocks, do you know any other new tunes that rock that we could cover?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4tf9Q83ERg

#225385 by Lynard Dylan
Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:01 am
I think I'm only going to get on the forum when I've been drinking so it will only be at nights.

#225409 by jw123
Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:08 pm
Lynard do Soo Hott by Kid Rock, the gals love to dance to it

#225476 by jw123
Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:22 pm
Lynard if you guys are playing BuckCherry then you might as well play Crazy Bitch, thats the best club song those guys play and the gals love it.

Its funny Im tryin to picture your old fart ass playing BuckCherry!!!!

Maybe I should send you some of my wigs and clothes so you will at least look the part, as far as that kinda edgy guitar tone you either got it or you dont, so I cant help you there.

#225506 by Starfish Scott
Wed Nov 06, 2013 11:24 pm
PS: You need about 10k ugly tats to do any Buckcherry any justice at all.

But I would love to hear your version of it if you guys get a copy we can hear.

Glad to see you are still playing, Lynard.

#225508 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:02 am
Hey thanks JW we'll go listen to that song by Kidd Rock, we've also added some Jason Aldean, Green Day, and Blackberry Smoke to our sets, but it's tough coming up with 3 newer songs a set.

Hey Mr. Scott how are ya, bands are fuking hard, but we keep trying.

#225515 by Lynard Dylan
Thu Nov 07, 2013 12:30 am
Hey Thanks again JW went and listened to that Kid Rok tune the riff sounds kinda Ozzyish, but I think I could make it work.

I think the word fuk should be in every song

#225538 by Planetguy
Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 pm
we (THE 121's) been playing Aldean's "Take A Little Ride w You" out at the truckstop. ALWAYS gets the dancefloor filled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYT6RkTe26M

in our version the line is changed from "take a little ride with you" to "take a little ride on you"

#225545 by jw123
Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:47 pm
Lynard Soo Hott and Crazy Bitch just go over with audiences real well and they are a bit newer if thats what you guys are looking for song wise.

If you like Drop D songs, that song Control by Puddle of Mudd goes over pretty well.

#225547 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:45 pm
Rock on, Lynard, post some videos when you guys play any of these songs out!

#225625 by Lynard Dylan
Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:28 pm
Hey Planet Comrade I've never heard that one by Jason Aldean, I'm kinda new at this new music, we've been doing My Kinda Party with a long guitar ending, and far as new country I like Chris Cagle we've been doing The Chicks Dig It by Chris. Hey earthboy u goota singem the way u feelem.

JW I just felt Crazy Bitch was 2 nasty to do, we do All Lit Up, which really is a variation on Brown Sugar which we also do.

Mike I've got several videos and pictures out there now, so I'm leery of the videos and the photos. I played a open mic with a band at a club called Moonshiners here back last Spring and without me knowing it they videoed it and 5 of those songs are the videos on their webpage, with me playing lead guitar and somebody elses name given the credit, and there still up today. There pure crap I walked in to a open mic with the usual frame of mind, that I'm going to rock ur ass off, but I can only rock as much ass as u got. I use to be so into videos, but I've changed my look and have new videos in the works. I think I'm better at videos, to do a good video don't u really have to record the tune then lip sync to it?

#225628 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:41 pm
Lynard Dylan wrote:H I think I'm better at videos, to do a good video don't u really have to record the tune then lip sync to it?

A good-sounding live video will do more for a band (get gigs) than the 'produced lip-synched' things.

#225630 by Planetguy
Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:31 pm
GuitarMikeB wrote:A good-sounding live video will do more for a band (get gigs) than the 'produced lip-synched' things.

that.

and if using the video to book gigs is the goal....it doesn't even have to be all that great quality (the audio/visual) as long as the playing is happening.

the videos of my different bands have gotten us plenty of work and it sure beats the old days of sending out cds...or even the REAL old days of sending out cassettes.

#225636 by fisherman bob
Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:21 pm
Covers-uggh. I know they "work" for you. I've been playing them for 30 years plus. Have to in order to get paid gigs I guess. Uggh...

#226135 by Litost
Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:01 pm
Wow, that song was pretty f**k awful.