This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Chat about the latest toys and innovations.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#223587 by mistermikev
Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:34 pm
looks like I'm not going to be rolling into town till late the 28th as my plans changed... but I'd still like to see a show if possible. Any other upcoming shows?
otherwise, can you recommend any other places nearby memphis I could check out some live music?

cheers either way!
mv

#223609 by jw123
Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:51 pm
Mike all I have on the calendar is Aint Yo Mama Oct 26th in Covington TN.

Looks like the other thing I was doing may have fizzled out for me, since I couldnt committ fulltime.

Theres a new club that Ive done a couple of open mics at in Memphis called Rockhouse Live, they bring in a good variety of rock bands.

Of course if you want to hang out, then Beale Street has a lot of clubs that you can walk between.

They are in the Barlett area.

#223630 by mistermikev
Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:00 am
great info. I'm def considering a trip to the gibson factory over in nashville if time permits as well. ever been?

bartlett is somewhat nearby where I'll be staying (near airport), it'd be great to hang out and check out some local music if your free when I come thru. i'll shoot up a message after I'm settled in there.

it's a shame I won't get to check out your band... was looking forward to it and i was so gonna be the guy yelling "freebird!" (JK)

#223634 by jw123
Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:13 am
The airport would be closer to Beale Street than Rockhouse Live which is in Bartlet.

Yea remind me a little closer and maybe we can get together, they have a Gibson Factory in Memphis right off of Beale Street, thats probably your best bet if you are just here a day or so.

I actually live about 35 miles east of Memphis

#223707 by mistermikev
Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:49 pm
roger that, gibson factory on beale street... that's just the kind of local info i was looking for, thanks!

talk to ya soon.

#223747 by jw123
Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:52 am
Willie I asked in another thread, what are some good live music venues in the Bentonville Area, my GF lives in Springdale, so Im over that way every 2-3 weeks.

Give me a heads up on some live places to see bands so I can check em out when Im over that way.

#223791 by jw123
Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:06 pm
Thanks Willie when I get back over that way I will check into some of these places.

#223832 by mistermikev
Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:59 pm
mywillie wrote:I got this band full of friends doing a show. the are called "The Drunks". On rhythm guitar and vocals "Al Coholic" on steel is "Ben Drinkin" on bass is "Sam Ashed" on violin and vocals is "Ethyl Alcohol" and on lead is "Dr. Unk" . Geat guys.

nice, very creative names. i got a friend Shirly Rawfromwhipen who married my other friend Justin Yerhinder... twas the rawfromwhipen yerhinder wedding.

at first I thought you were totally putting me on... but I def appreciate the heads up and not sure of proximity but will def check out the places you mentioned. thanks for that!