This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#221745 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:26 pm
This is one of my craziest friends. He is actually a good guitarist... But this is what he loves most. He travels all over the place competing with these folks.

Next month he is supposed to go to some Brazilian final with one of NASCAR's top drivers.

Just a little fun to calm down all the crazy stuff.

By the way these Karts corner at speeds no car can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o653Bp6hic

:lol:

#221759 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:56 am
The young lady (now 23, I've known her since she was a bump in her mother's belly) who did the cover art for my first CD raced these karts when she was a teenager, competed against Marco Andretti (grandson of famous Mario) who now races in IndyCars. Crazy fast. I did indoor kart racing one time, its insane how hard you have to push these things to compete.

#221765 by Cajundaddy
Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:47 am
Karting is serious business. One of my friend's kids competes internationally following in the footsteps of Vettel, Hamilton and others. I think she is currently ranked 15th in the world.

https://www.facebook.com/WorldClassMoto ... ref=stream

#221776 by gbheil
Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:37 pm
My old man would say . . . it's a tool, not a toy.

Other than music and firearms I prefer quite pastimes.

Rather walk than ride an ATV.
Give me a kayak and keep the speed boat.

To each his own I guess.

#221783 by Slacker G
Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:28 pm
Go carts are just plain fun. Flying ultra lights would also be a blast.

#221784 by gbheil
Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:17 pm
Slacker G wrote:Go carts are just plain fun. Flying ultra lights would also be a blast.

I helped put a dude back together that crashed on his first ultra lite lesson.
Broke both legs both arms.
Worst part his abdomen split like a watermelon spilled his intestines all over the wreckage.
He lived . . . not well . . . but he lived.

#221791 by Starfish Scott
Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:33 am
Oh sh*t, that was cool.

Watch out for #655 and 626, they aren't tight in the head.

Otherwise that was cool as hell.

PS: George your timing is awful, I am just attempting to get into flying ultra lights, specifically the Quicksliver Sprint..

I wasn't all that scared until you mentioned his injuries..(gulp)

#221848 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:58 pm
Starfish Scott wrote:Oh sh*t, that was cool.

Watch out for #655 and 626, they aren't tight in the head.

Otherwise that was cool as hell.

PS: George your timing is awful, I am just attempting to get into flying ultra lights, specifically the Quicksliver Sprint..

I wasn't all that scared until you mentioned his injuries..(gulp)

Don't let any one put the...() of anything in you Scotty. I think I want to go and fly an Ultra Light. Heck I'm the guy that jumped out of a second story window with a bed sheet... Just to see if my home made parachute would work. :)

Damn I am so interested in these high performance planes that can do the same thing as a jet plane... BUT I'm with you Scott... I would love to hang beneath a kite, with a bit of juice.

HELL... Do you want to live forever... ?