This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

q

#221121 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:21 am
Christopher Holmes wrote:I think Seattle has the best combination of defense, offense, RB and QB in the league right now. I think they are going all the way.

Definitely contending!

I was really impressed with the rookie QBs that came out last year, RGIII, Luck, and your boy Wilson. And how about that rookie running back that DC has, Morris, leading the league?

The running ability of RGIII and the implementation of the q-back as a running threat has changed the game but it will also decrease the life expectancy of the q-back.

#221236 by Deadguitars
Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:24 pm
Eagles gonna suck but if we beat Dallas ( spit ) it will be easier to deal with.
F the Cowboys

#221276 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Yea, people hate us because we're beautiful. Looks like you will be sorely disappointed.

it will be so much fun to sweep those ugly green things this year.

:!:

#221297 by Starfish Scott
Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:19 am
I won't lie. lol

I hate the cowboys because of the years they lost to the fing steelers over and over and over again.

Then again, the eagles are well known as "big time chokers".
If there is a play off, I'll take your bet against the birds..may as well make stuffing.

The jets are always bad.

And the Giants are either on or off, but nothing in between.

(Don't bet the eagles, jets or giants and you'll do fine.)
(The cowboys are a team I wish would play well, but you just can't tell if they came to play on the day in question.)

"Need lots of booze to drown our sorrows in on game day". lol
AND PIZZA!@!!!!!

#221376 by Paleopete
Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:10 pm
My prediction - I'll never watch a football game and I'm pretty sure the NFL won't miss me.

I quit following sports in 1974 or 1975 when baseball season was around 2 months late starting due to a player strike. Let's see...I'm in the military making under 10K a year waiting for some politician to send me to Viet Nam and be a moving target, they're sitting on the bench for 50K a year and going on strike for more money?

Baseball was the only sports I followed at that time, so the 1973 world series was the last time I watched a game and never will again. More recently I see things like players getting in trouble for attacking people while drunk, beating their wives and girlfriends, taking steroids, Michael Vick raising dogs for dog fights and instead of sitting in prison where he belongs, he's back making millions on a football field and should have been banned from football forever. While the announcers practically swoon over what a great player he is...(I know that because a friend who is no longer with us watched football every weekend and made comments about it.) Not to mention the boatload of beer commercials made by football players who are supposed to be role models...

I can see it now...somewhere in some dinky town some kid is out getting plastered thinking if his football heroes are pushing beer it's ok...

F*#K football.

I had an argument at work one day with a good friend because I told him I didn't watch football. After telling him about the baseball strike, he said that if a football player gets hit just right he's out for life so all that money is justified. I pointed to the 12,000 pound part sitting on his machine and asked him how much his boss was paying him to take the chance it would fall of and hit him just right and what his boss would do if it happened. We both knew he would fight to the bitter end to avoid paying a dime of his medical bills, and was paying him a small fraction of what those players made just to sit on the bench. He agreed I had a good point and never gave me a hard time about not following the football games again. I have no use for football. Or baseball...or basketball...they can all take a hike.

#221377 by Deadguitars
Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:34 pm
yod wrote:Yea, people hate us because we're beautiful. Looks like you will be sorely disappointed.

NFC EAST Prediction
1) NY @ 10-6
2) Wash
3) Dallas ( spit )
4) Beagles @ 3-13

A sweep would be a disaster !
Hopefully the Dec.29th game will be to ruin Dallas playoff hopes - if they are even in contention !

:D

#221379 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:45 pm
LOL I always cheer for the Browns..

They don't have ANY fans..

And the Giants go 10-6? Wow that'd be nice, but I wouldn't bet on it. lol

#221384 by Deadguitars
Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:26 pm
1st game of the year for the Birds is a Mon Night @ Wash
Wash should handle us but I wonder how RG3 will be - coming off another knee injury with no preseason and facing a team with no tape to study ....
Might give Philly a chance

#221398 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:51 pm
Deadguitars wrote:
yod wrote:Yea, people hate us because we're beautiful. Looks like you will be sorely disappointed.

NFC EAST Prediction
1) NY @ 10-6
2) Wash
3) Dallas ( spit )
4) Beagles @ 3-13

A sweep would be a disaster !
Hopefully the Dec.29th game will be to ruin Dallas playoff hopes - if they are even in contention !

1. Boys 11-5
2. Redskins 10-6
3. Iggles 8-8
4. Giants 7-9

The NFC title game will be more exciting than the Super Bowl.

We'll play a beaten-up Seahawks team who will take San Fran & New Orleans, then after that we go on to whip the AFC contender. That whole conference looks weak compared to the NFC West so I'm going with the best quarterback, Tom Brady.

Don't count Balitmore out though. Their defense looks better than last year and the offense will score.

#221399 by Litost
Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:54 pm
Wow... this is Super Bowl talk and the Atlanta Falcons haven't even been mentioned once?
I'm not even a Falcons fan... die hard Green Bay Packers.

The truth is, the NFC is absolutely stacked. I would say that there are about five or six teams that have a legit chance at the Super Bowl.

1. Atlanta Falcons
Matt Ryan is in his prime now and he has literally the best receiving group in the NFL. Julio Jones, Roddy White, Harry Douglas (their no. 3 receiver would burn most team's no. 2)... oh, and also the great Tight End to ever play the game as well. Yes, he is aging, but he is still legit.
Atlanta had some key acquisitions this offseason as well: Stephen Jackson is now running the ball for them. Teams won't be able to drop everyone back into coverage with that beast in the backfield.

2. Green Bay Packers
You just cannot bet against Aaron Rodgers. His TD/INT ratio is absolutely sick. Sure, he lost Greg Jennings to the Viqueens this year, but Jennings was injury prone as it was anyways. With studs like Jordy Nelson, Randall Cobb and James Jones (J.J. led the NFL in TD's last year), he still obviously has plenty of weapons.
Adding Eddie Lacy was the best thing that could have happened to Green Bay's passing attack. With a punishing RB like Lacy, the results will be different from last year when the entire team's leading rusher only had 450 yards.
Watch for a better Defense out of Green Bay this year.

3. San Francisco 49ers
They almost made it happen last year.
Colin Kaepernick took over with about a half year remaining and left teams with nothing but question marks. Having a read-option style offense is even deadlier when you already have a legit rushing attack, provided by Frank Gore & co.
San Francisco, however, did suffer a few blows already to injury. Most notably losing Michael Crabtree for the year.
Count on another dominant year by SF's Defense.

4. Seattle Seahawks
Again, there is a pattern here... take a look at Seattle's QB/RB combo. When teams like this have a dominant, punishing Running Back (Marshawn Lynch) and a QB that has the ability to break out and run (Russell Wilson), Defenses don't know how to handle it and hesitate. (Trust me, I spent my whole life in Wisconsin watching pocket QB's like Favre and Rodgers... but when Wilson came to the Wisconsin Badgers, you knew he was something special. It's funny how people love/hate him for his history with the State of Wisconsin... some remember him as a successful Badger... some despise him for throwing the infamous FAIL MARY against the Packers on Monday Night)
Seattle is also known around the league for their Defense. It is nearly impossible to come into Seattle and win against the Seahawks.
If they can manage to get home field advantage, look out.

5. New Orleans Saints
Sure, last year they were a total mess... but with head coach Sean Payton being suspended for the year, it was a bit expected. With Peyton back on the sideline for the Saints, look for serious improvement out of New Orleans
Drew Brees... how much more consistent can a QB be? Sure, he generally gets to throw the ball a bit more than the average QB, but he still finds a way to do amazing things with it.

6. Washington Redskins
I think they are a lock for the NFC East. The Giants just lost some key players for the season and as long as the Dallas Cowboys have Tony Romo, they will not be a threat. That leave the Philly Eagles... well... let's just move on because we all know they aren't doing anything this year.
The Redskins have an incredibly intriguing mix of veteran skill and young studs.
RGIII and Alfred Morris are already at Superstar status... after ONE season. Get them into their second year and just wait to see what they can do.
Pierre Garcon has been battling an injury... but he has had a long time to recover and seems healthy. He is a proven, star receiver.

As far as the AFC goes? I think it is a bit less competitive.
The Patriots will not be a factor this year. Tom Brady, although still effective, is aging. It also doesn't help that he has lost three of his most dynamic receivers this year due to trade, injury or shanking.
The teams I see as contenders are the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans.
Broncos have a better offense than Houston does, but both teams have amazing Defenses.
Watch for Cincinnati to make another push this year.

That is all! If you made it to the end, you deserve an award!!!

#221430 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:40 am
Atlanta is mediocre and Green Bay is not going to be 2nd or 3rd in their division

San Fran will be tough for Seattle and could easily go all the way.

People count Brady out every year because of losses of personel for the Patriots. He just keeps figuring out how to win, so I wouldn't bet against him. Probably the best ever. That ass-kicking he gave the Texans shook them so hard that they've never recovered, and probably never will.

New Orleans looks like the scary sleeper this year. Sean Peyton is ticked about being suspended for a year and looking for revenge.

#221434 by KLUGMO
Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:36 am
Obviously from the comments everyone or most see that Washington IS
a powerhouse. This is the year Shanahan will prove he is worth
$7 million a year. SKINS RULE!
DALLAS SUCKS!

Eagles will be a gimmick team this year with the hurry-up offence
that wont pay off.
Dallas has Romo, nuff said.
Giants have had their day and are on a decline.

#221435 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:43 am
The Deadskins are a good team and will be 2nd in the NFC this year, probably get a wild card for the honor of getting their asses kicked by New Orleans or San Fran.

At least they have finally become competition for us again....

:lol:

#221436 by Litost
Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:48 am
yod wrote:Atlanta is mediocre and Green Bay is not going to be 2nd or 3rd in their division

San Fran will be tough for Seattle and could easily go all the way.

People count Brady out every year because of losses of personel for the Patriots. He just keeps figuring out how to win, so I wouldn't bet against him. Probably the best ever. That ass-kicking he gave the Texans shook them so hard that they've never recovered, and probably never will.

New Orleans looks like the scary sleeper this year. Sean Peyton is ticked about being suspended for a year and looking for revenge.

There is no way Atlanta is just mediocre... Last year, Atlanta went 13-3... which shared for the best record in the entire NFL. They Added Stephen Jackson at running back and lost no one from their league's most threatening passing attack (TWO receivers with over 1200 yards last year). They clearly have a top five offense. That is being conservative.
They play in a climate-controlled dome with one of the most consistent kickers in the game... and trust me, I'm a Green Bay fan... having a good kicker DOES matter. Picking up Osi Umenyiora was huge for their Defense going into this year.
Atlanta's 2012 Point Differential (The number of points a team scores against the number of points a team gives up) is PLUS 120. There are only two teams in the NFC with a higher ratio: San Francisco (Plus 124) and Seattle (Plus 167)... this stat is one that cannot be ignored.
Even with N.O. coming back this year a bit... there is no way they can catch the Falcons for the division title. I see N.O. getting in as a Wild Card.

Green Bay will definitely win their division...

Detroit has once again slipped into the darkness as The Team the NFC North Forgot. In a way, it's really too bad. Even though they are a division rival, I actually kinda feel for Detroit. They are like the Chicago Cubs of the NFL.

Minnesota has the best rushing attack in the NFL. The suffered a bit of a blow losing their probowl fullback for the first few games of the season... but you know how Adrian Peterson is... he will dominate no matter what. The real problem that Minnesota has is their QB, Christian Ponder. Until he can actually take a step out of AverageTown, no one will respect their passing game. I find it kinda funny how Greg Jennings was talking so much trash about Aaron Rodgers this past offseason. Just wait until Ponder drops back and start throwing Jennings those awful looking ducks and we'll see what Jennings thinks of Rodgers -- NFL's most accurate passer with a better TD to INT ratio and QB rating than all other QBs in the league the past two years --

Which only leaves Chicago... but before Chicago, let me finish with Rodgers.

In the last two years, there has been no one better than Rodgers.
In 2012, he had a QB Rating of 108.0... the next closest was Peyton Manning with a QB Rating of 105.2 -- the difference? Rodgers threw two more TDs than Peyton while throwing three FEWER picks than Manning. Tom Brady? He had the league's sixth best QB Rating... behind Rodgers, Manning, RGIII, Russell Wilson and Matt Ryan. Good, but certainly not the best.

Now we go back to Aaron Rodgers' HISTORICAL 2011 season. His QB Rating that year? 122.5!!! Which, yes... goes down as the highest in NFL history. The next closest was Drew Brees who finished at 110.6 -- a 12 point gap. Rodgers threw a staggering 45 TDs to only SIX INTs. Racked up over 4,500 passing yards -- in only 15 games that season. The Packers sat him the final regular season game against Detroit to prepare for playoffs.
Tom Brady's 2011... very good, but nowhere near Rodgers. His QB Rating was 105.6 -- 17 points lower than Rodgers. He threw for 39 TDs (six fewer) and had 12 passed INT'd (twice as many as Rodgers).

Now you look at Green Bay's Receiving situation... sure, we lost Greg Jennings... but he missed eight games last year, so he wasn't much of a favor to begin with. We still have Randall Cobb (just shy of 1000 yards receiving last year), Jordy Nelson (over 700 yards) and James Jones (also over 700 yards receiving).

This year, Brady has an entirely new receiving corp. If Gronkowski can start the season (Which he will not, he will probably miss at least the first few games), then he will be the only familiar face. Otherwise, Brady comes into this year losing over 70 percent of his receiving production from last year. That is an INSANE number.

Here is who Brady lost:
TE Aaron Hernandez, TE Kellen Winslow, WR Wes Welker, WR Brandon Lloyd, WR Donte Stallworth, RB Danny Woodhead.

Another thing Rodgers does better than Brady is rushing the ball. Make no mistake, they are both Pocket QBs, but when on the move, it's rather clear Rodgers dominates this category as well.
Last year, Brady rushed 23 times for a total of 32 yards -- a 1.4 yard average. The same year, Aaron Rodgers rushed 54 times for a total of 259 yards -- a 4.8 yard per carry average.

So... now that you can clearly see Brady is far from the best QB around, onto Chicago.

Green Bay will win the NFC North because Chicago just doesn't have what it takes on Offense to get it done. The NFL has become a high flying, penalty-ridden league which only helps Offenses. However, there are a few teams out there that can still make Super Bowl runs with the help of Elite Defenses. Seattle, San Francisco, Denver, Baltimore... they all have great Defenses. There is no doubting that Chicago's D is still potent, even after losing Brian Urlacher to retirement... but one thing seperates all the teams I just listed with the Bears. Something special on Offense.
I don't care how amazing your D is, you still need to put up points. Denver has Manning and his three wideouts Thomas, Welker and Decker. San Francisco has Kaepernick who was electrifying as a QB last year. Seattle has the one-two punch of Russell Wilson and Marshawn Lynch and Baltimore has Ray Rice, who still needs to be respected.
Who does Chicago have? Jay Cutler? Really? As a Packer fan, I absolutely love Jay Cutler... because you know that when he is on the field, something incredibly dumb is going to happen. He lacks any kind of leadership and chokes when the pressure is on. I hope to God they give him a contract extension. Brandon Marshall was a big add for Chicago, but when that is Jay Cutler's only target every game, it is rather obvious on who to double team in coverage all day.

I see the NFC North as this:
1. Green Bay ( 11-5 )
2. Minnesota ( 9-7 )
3. Chicago ( 8-8 )
4. Detroit ( 6-10 )

#221451 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:59 am
it is great to find someone who obsesses about football as much as I do :lol:

But Atlanta will fade....

My choice of sleeper surprises (besides Dallas) are Arizona and St Louis. And Brady loses a lot every year and still figures out how to beat defenses with whatever he has. When it's all been said and done, he will prove to be the greatest QBack ever.