This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#221048 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:04 am
Make your predictions here!

I'm batting 1000% (wrong) in predicting a Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl victory for the last decade, but that hasn't dampened my spirit. Hope springs eternal as I wade right back in and do it again!

Of course the safe bet in the AFC is always New England, even with Tebow, but I'm going to say the Houston Texans just because it seems like they would get tired of being next year's champion sooner or later.

What sayest thou?
#221052 by J-HALEY
Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:55 am
yod wrote:Make your predictions here!

I'm batting 1000% (wrong) in predicting a Dallas Cowboys Super Bowl victory for the last decade, but that hasn't dampened my spirit. Hope springs eternal as I wade right back in and do it again!

Of course the safe bet in the AFC is always New England, even with Tebow, but I'm going to say the Houston Texans just because it seems like they would get tired of being next year's champion sooner or later.

What sayest thou?

Go Texans, Go Coogs! :D

#221053 by jimmydanger
Fri Aug 23, 2013 12:16 pm
The Lions crushed New England last night. So much for your sports prognostic skills. And the Cowboys haven't been the Cowboys I remember for a long time. But I won't be watching many games, too busy.

#221057 by gbheil
Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:02 pm
Gave up on team sports ( professional sports in general ) years ago.

Enjoy if it's your thing.

#221060 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:40 pm
I'm never able to watch more than 2 or 3 games in a season. Haven't seen the Super Bowl "live" since 1997.

Still you can't grow up in Texas and ignore it.

#221067 by Slacker G
Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:34 pm
Any bets on how long it will be before the regime says that football is too violent? Perhaps they will still allow "touch football" in the future. I'm sure that some concerned bureaucrat will call a stop to it when the "government" health care system if fully implemented. After all, who wants to pay for injuries caused needlessly through playing a silly violent game? :)

#221069 by jimmydanger
Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:52 pm
It must be horrible to be unable to discuss ANY event or subject without injecting your twisted world view and hate for our president. You must be very depressed, and I feel quite sorry for you. Get help.

#221071 by Slacker G
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:01 pm
jimmydanger wrote:It must be horrible to be unable to discuss ANY event or subject without injecting your twisted world view and hate for our president. You must be very depressed, and I feel quite sorry for you. Get help.

I didn't see fubama mentioned. Your ignorance of what is happening in this country is amazing. Perhaps even you will get a "wake up" call in the near future. You almost appear proud of your ignorance. There is already a lot of discussion going on about stopping the violence in foot ball. :)

#221072 by jimmydanger
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:04 pm
Yes there is plenty of talk about the violence of football, and the NFL has been doing some things to reduce the amount of injuries. But it has NOTHING to do with "this regime". You have issues big time.

#221074 by gbheil
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:23 pm
yod wrote:I'm never able to watch more than 2 or 3 games in a season. Haven't seen the Super Bowl "live" since 1997.

Some of us can. :wink:

#221076 by Christopher Holmes
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:26 pm
1) Tebow won't make New England's roster. I'm not even sure he'll make the first cut to 75. His days in the NFL are over.

2) Predictions:

Seattle over Denver in the Superbowl. Russell Wilson named Superbowl MVP.

#221079 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:43 pm
Christopher Holmes wrote:1) Tebow won't make New England's roster. I'm not even sure he'll make the first cut to 75. His days in the NFL are over.

2) Predictions:

Seattle over Denver in the Superbowl. Russell Wilson named Superbowl MVP.

ahhhh....finally some discussion. I was surprised Tebow was taken by any team. My prediction is they will use him as a tight end and the q-back in pre-season thing is all for show, misdirection from Bellichek.

I could see that prediction, but Seattle seems more likely than Denver. My Boys didn't respect them when they went up to Seattle last year and ran right into a buzz saw.

Really tough bunch there.

#221082 by t-Roy and The Smoking Section
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:47 pm
sanshouheil wrote:
yod wrote:I'm never able to watch more than 2 or 3 games in a season. Haven't seen the Super Bowl "live" since 1997.

Some of us can. :wink:

BLASPHEMY!!!!!!!

:lol:

#221083 by gbheil
Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:54 pm
Yeah . . . I think that's what my dad said too. :lol:

#221114 by Christopher Holmes
Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:41 am
yod wrote:ahhhh....finally some discussion. I was surprised Tebow was taken by any team. My prediction is they will use him as a tight end and the q-back in pre-season thing is all for show, misdirection from Bellichek.

I could see that prediction, but Seattle seems more likely than Denver. My Boys didn't respect them when they went up to Seattle last year and ran right into a buzz saw.

Really tough bunch there.

Full disclosure: I am a lifelong Seahawks fan. I've waited, my whole life, for a franchise QB. We have one. But even more than that, we have a top shelf defense and one of the three best rushers in the game (and watchout for Christine Michael - he's explosive).

I think Seattle has the best combination of defense, offense, RB and QB in the league right now. I think they are going all the way.