This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#217133 by west6008
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:22 pm
Can we PUHLEEZ have a 95% reduction in the abuse of the human voice ?!?!?
I was listening to some of the suggestions in response to my
Lousy Music post, MAN oh MAN, the finger-nail scratching down
the blackboard, a garbage-can full of marbles kicked down the stairs !

I'm going to dress up really scruffy, un-tune my guitar and wear
it below my belt, then stand there and holler for 15 minutes, then post it on youtube

Watch for me, I'll call myself SICKINBED

Who knows, maybe I'll be able to quit my day job!

#217134 by jw123
Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:49 pm
Do you feel better now?

I have no idea from your post what you are talking about.

Keep On Rockin!

#217135 by Jahva
Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:24 pm
Well... most of today's pop/modern music is not targeting your age bracket. It's ok to not like it. I think it's expected.
I just don't get all the fussing... makes you sound like a crotchety ol feller waving his cane at some kids for walking on your lawn. :P
Like some have said there's good music being made... it's just not as easy to find as it once was.
Besides not everyone was great in the past..
Here try these guys http://youtu.be/xQJL2aC-emc
The Punch Brothers
or check out these young ladies...
http://youtu.be/Ef897YZkovY

#217138 by Joewillplay
Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:12 pm
Jahva wrote:Well... most of today's pop/modern music is not targeting your age bracket. It's ok to not like it. I think it's expected.
I just don't get all the fussing... makes you sound like a crotchety ol feller waving his cane at some kids for walking on your lawn. :P
Like some have said there's good music being made... it's just not as easy to find as it once was.
Besides not everyone was great in the past..
Here try these guys http://youtu.be/xQJL2aC-emc
The Punch Brothers
or check out these young ladies...
http://youtu.be/Ef897YZkovY
AMEN!Brother

#217143 by GuitarMikeB
Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:05 pm
Hey, got to give the guy a break! In Prince Edward Island there probably is precious little to hear on whatever radio stations there are - and Canadian requirements are a majority of music played has to be Canadian-created (that's why I have the symbol on my CD, indicating written by a Canadian).

PEI does have good potatoes and mussels, though. 8)

#217213 by west6008
Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:16 am
Thanks for the youtube links everybody, but they just don't cut it with me.

It all sounds so bluesy, tired, and whiny.

Elvis, Buddy, and Chuck, please come back

#217226 by MikeTalbot
Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:00 pm
"They're dead Jim..."

Talbot

#217234 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:34 pm
Thats why we come here and POST SOME MUSIC.

Just saying... :lol:

#217255 by fisherman bob
Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:41 am
You can listen to the tunes on my Bandmix profile page. Or check out my friend Lowell Premer on www.jango.com (search for Lowell Premer or create a Lowell Premer radio station). His CD is there in its entirety. We've been working with him lately.
I have this romantic image of me fishing for searun Brook Trout in your neck of the woods. Unless I win the lottery SOON it'll probably never happen...oh well it's nice to dream.

#217262 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:35 pm
Hey west 6008, try pandora.com - you can set up your own 'channel'. enter the names of a few artists/bands you like, then pandora will add others its thinks may fall close to your likes. I've discovered a few new people that way.

#217278 by Slacker G
Mon Jun 24, 2013 4:16 pm
west6008 wrote:Thanks for the youtube links everybody, but they just don't cut it with me.

It all sounds so bluesy, tired, and whiny.

Elvis, Buddy, and Chuck, please come back

Now that's my bag. Rockabilly .... before it was called rock and roll.

I loved all the old Sun Studio stuff. Don't forget Little Richard, Eddie Cochran, Gene Vincent and the rest of those early rockers. I'm still influenced by them.

The Ventures, Duane Eddy, Bill Black, and the rest of the instrumentalists that really rocked set a solid foundation in music history. :)

#220895 by west6008
Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:54 pm
I've taken the cure.
Gone back to classical music,
why didnt I think of it.

Like going from the killing floor of a slaughter house,
to a gourmet restaurant

#220897 by MikeTalbot
Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:47 am
you could always try symphonic metal - you might like it. See NightWish or try out Children of Bodom doing Vivaldi.

There is lots of great stuff going on - just get out there and find it. you'll be very pleasantly surprised.

Talbot

#220902 by Starfish Scott
Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:18 am
Stray Cats ???

Brian Setzer is interesting to listen to if you don't have to look at all those ugly tats. LOL