This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#220551 by kc5tng
Thu Aug 15, 2013 3:22 am
J-HALEY wrote:
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:let's just hope the assailant does not grab the weapon out of your hands in a struggle and turn you again in to the victimized.. LOL!

They wouldn't get that close, if they tried they would closely resemble a slice of Swiss cheese. Get it! :lol: There you go again Dane shooting your mouth off without at least checking the links I posted. Why.....because like most Lefties your mind is made up regardless of facts!

Ya know...that "could happen" but I would rather take that chance - cause I would rather "fight" aggressively ...win -lose or draw than just do nothing~

#220588 by gbheil
Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:29 pm
I carry because it is my civil & moral responsibility to be at all time prepared to come to the aid or defense of those whom may be weaker than I.
I have always, since my teens been armed.
I do not need man's law to tell me what is right.

#220589 by Slacker G
Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:36 pm
I carried a few times and found it uncomfortable. (Physically. Pistols are heavy)

When things get desperate, and they will, I will carry at all times.

#220611 by gbheil
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:17 pm
Slacker G wrote:I carried a few times and found it uncomfortable. (Physically. Pistols are heavy)

When things get desperate, and they will, I will carry at all times.

It took longer to find holsters and carry options that gave me accessibility adequate concealment and comfort than it did for me to get accustomed to the weight. ( I could open my own holster store with the ones in my drawer )
I carry full sized semi autos and or revolvers, and frequently work with other to assist them in developing an effective system.
I even carry at home. If I'm dressed, I'm armed. when I'm not, it's at arms reach.
Same as I put on shoes and my belt, it has become a part of my everyday dress routine.
The hard part is remembering those places I am by law not allowed to carry.
Such as walking into the POST OFFICE or a hospital . . . I avoid those places as much as able.

#220612 by MikeTalbot
Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:52 pm
George

you are of course - a 'kook.' Or is it 'gun nut?' 8) Just like those rascals that caused all the trouble for good ole King George III.

Actually, I've determined that there are men who are by nature, 'peace officers.' Who will protect the week and who will act, when others are standing around with a shocked look on their faces. My term for such men is, like me, an anachronism: I call us 'regulators.'

The truly ironic thing about is that those who fit that description tend to go out of their way to avoid trouble and to be kind to others.

And rarely do we actually need a weapon in hand - it's often about helping someone in an accident, or some other 'peaceful' activity. I once pulled a woman's broken teeth out of her mouth to keep her from choking while close to a dozen idiots stood around gawking. (was I glad to see the EMTs show up!)

cheers
Talbot

#220618 by gbheil
Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:28 am
MikeTalbot wrote:George

you are of course - a 'kook.' Or is it 'gun nut?' 8) Just like those rascals that caused all the trouble for good ole King George III.

Actually, I've determined that there are men who are by nature, 'peace officers.' Who will protect the week and who will act, when others are standing around with a shocked look on their faces. My term for such men is, like me, an anachronism: I call us 'regulators.'

The truly ironic thing about is that those who fit that description tend to go out of their way to avoid trouble and to be kind to others.

And rarely do we actually need a weapon in hand - it's often about helping someone in an accident, or some other 'peaceful' activity. I once pulled a woman's broken teeth out of her mouth to keep her from choking while close to a dozen idiots stood around gawking. (was I glad to see the EMTs show up!)

cheers
Talbot

I am a Warrior . . . and apparently I am in good company. :wink:

#220678 by Starfish Scott
Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:17 pm
sanshouheil wrote:I carry because it is my civil & moral responsibility to be at all time prepared to come to the aid or defense of those whom may be weaker than I.

That man wins a prize.

#220688 by Slacker G
Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:25 pm
sanshouheil wrote:I carry because it is my civil & moral responsibility to be at all time prepared to come to the aid or defense of those whom may be weaker than I.
I have always, since my teens been armed.
I do not need man's law to tell me what is right.

The only problem with that in a lot of liberal states is that they come after you even when you attempt to defend yourself let alone others. I do not believe it beyond reason that in the land of the unreasonable you can defend someones life and be charged with murder or manslaughter.

#220697 by MikeTalbot
Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:24 pm
Quite right Slacker. However, my advice to anyone, even in a more civilized state like GA or Texas, is this: if you have to use your weapon, use it and get the hell out of there.

Do not, repeat NOT, trust the police or civil authorities just because you were in the right.

America has become an outlaw state. The constitution is a dead letter. We are on our own. We dare not trust the 'authorities.' Prosecutorial misconduct is everywhere now, the police - well...keep your dog inside and don't trust them unless you know them personally. And even if you do, don't report anything you don't have to - they may be reasonable but their bosses are political appointees on the make.

If you can possibly get away without talking to the 'authorities,' you'll be glad you did.

Sooner or later one of these disgusting 'flash mobs' are going to run into a man and there is going to be a half dozen or more 'teens' shot down in the act. That man better get out of dodge. I'm not saying don't do it - just don't hang around.

Talbot