This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#220211 by Slacker G
Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:43 pm
As gun sales soar gun crimes decline. The propaganda spews media was sure not to cover that one.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2 ... s-plummet/

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/08/04/vi ... ales-soar/

Amid calls nationwide for stricter gun control laws, Virginia is experiencing a unique trend: the state's gun-related crime is declining but firearms sales are increasing.

Firearms sales rose 16 percent to a record 490,119 guns purchased from licensed gun dealers in 2012, according to sales estimates obtained by the Richmond Times-Dispatch.

During the same period, major crimes committed with firearms dropped 5 percent to 4,378.

"This appears to be additional evidence that more guns don't necessarily lead to more crime," said Thomas R. Baker, an assistant professor at Virginia Commonwealth University's L. Douglas Wilder School of Government and Public Affairs who specializes in research methods and criminology theory.

"It's a quite interesting trend given the current rhetoric about strengthening gun laws and the presumed effect it would have on violent crimes," Baker told the newspaper. "While you can't conclude from this that tougher laws wouldn't reduce crime even more, it really makes you question if making it harder for law-abiding people to buy a gun would have any effect on crime."

". . . all those extra guns can actually work to lower crime . . ."

- Philip Van Cleave, president of the Virginia Citizens Defense League

#220229 by J-HALEY
Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 pm
The two links I listed are 2 different examples of how carrying a weapon can save your life and protect your property! It evens the playing field when you are being victimized!

#220231 by DainNobody
Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:36 pm
let's just hope the assailant does not grab the weapon out of your hands in a struggle and turn you again in to the victimized.. LOL!

#220233 by J-HALEY
Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:33 pm
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:let's just hope the assailant does not grab the weapon out of your hands in a struggle and turn you again in to the victimized.. LOL!

They wouldn't get that close, if they tried they would closely resemble a slice of Swiss cheese. Get it! :lol: There you go again Dane shooting your mouth off without at least checking the links I posted. Why.....because like most Lefties your mind is made up regardless of facts!

#220236 by J-HALEY
Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:37 pm
Deadguitars wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/06/3-killed-in-pa-shooting/2622379/

Just happened last night in PA.
Crazy guy goes on shooting spree ; bystanders tackle and shoot him with his own gun.

The keyword here is "Crazy Guy" also a "Crazy Guy" in a car ran down and killed folks on a boardwalk in California. Would you also like to ban cars?

#220237 by Deadguitars
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:16 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
Deadguitars wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/06/3-killed-in-pa-shooting/2622379/

Just happened last night in PA.
Crazy guy goes on shooting spree ; bystanders tackle and shoot him with his own gun.

The keyword here is "Crazy Guy" also a "Crazy Guy" in a car ran down and killed folks on a boardwalk in California. Would you also like to ban cars?

hahaha - you are always looking for a fight
I have never said I was for a gun ban ever
I am against idiots owning them though
Wheres that vid of the Texan shooting his neighbor over the loud music ?
"Would I like to ban cars" ... right for the jugular !
:lol: :lol: :lol:

#220238 by J-HALEY
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:19 pm
Not looking for a fight just stating facts chill bro! Why does everything have to be a fight to you?

#220239 by Deadguitars
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:51 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Not looking for a fight just stating facts chill bro! Why does everything have to be a fight to you?

I merely pointed out that a gun could be taken away from its user and used against them and then you pounced like a tiger with red meat in its face !

8)

I think most Americans - including me -have no problem with the links you posted - guns are best used in self defense situations
Dont be mad at me - be mad at the idiots who cant handle the responsibility of gun ownership and make the bulk of gun people look bad.
:idea:

#220240 by J-HALEY
Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:58 pm
Deadguitars wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:Not looking for a fight just stating facts chill bro! Why does everything have to be a fight to you?

I merely pointed out that a gun could be taken away from its user and used against them and then you pounced like a tiger with red meat in its face !

8)

I think most Americans - including me -have no problem with the links you posted - guns are best used in self defense situations
Dont be mad at me - be mad at the idiots who cant handle the responsibility of gun ownership and make the bulk of gun people look bad.
:idea:

Not mad at you Brother, perhaps I am jaded due to the leftist agenda of trying to take away my constitutional right to defend myself and leave me vulnerable to criminals! I did not "pounce" that's just your interpretation of my intent!

#220241 by Deadguitars
Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:16 pm
The only law Obama has passed that deals with guns EXPANDS gun owners rights
http://www.nola.com/news/index.ssf/2009 ... _guns.html

The fact the righty's get so much mileage out of the perceived Liberal Gun Grab really gets my goat !
Obama is a smart politician and he knows banning guns is a losing proposition for his party.
Did he bring back the Assault weapons ban ?
Nope.
Has he gotten any bills passed that regulate guns ?
Nope.
Other than stroking his base with speeches he has done nothing
The last thing Obama wants is another school shooting that would require a President to act.
Anyway thats the way I see it !

:D

#220246 by DainNobody
Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:35 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:let's just hope the assailant does not grab the weapon out of your hands in a struggle and turn you again in to the victimized.. LOL!

They wouldn't get that close, if they tried they would closely resemble a slice of Swiss cheese. Get it! :lol: There you go again Dane shooting your mouth off without at least checking the links I posted. Why.....because like most Lefties your mind is made up regardless of facts!
only trouble is, pointing a gun at somebody and actually getting the balls to fire it , is what causes the aggressor having his ass handed to him when the table gets turned, cops even get in struggles with street thugs, and the street thug grabs the officer's weapon out of his holster and shoots him dead.. doesn't happen a lot, but it does happen HALEY..

#220248 by Slacker G
Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:59 pm
Deadguitars wrote:The only law Obama has passed that deals with guns EXPANDS gun owners rights

The fact the righty's get so much mileage out of the perceived Liberal Gun Grab really gets my goat !
Obama is a smart politician and he knows banning guns is a losing proposition for his party.
Nope.
Nope.
The last thing Obama wants is another school shooting that would require a President to act.

And you libs can't see the forest for the trees. Where has Fearless leader been when ANYTHING happens? On vacation. Sleeping. Fund raising. More vacations... Disney Land. Martha's vineyard .......... And on and on and on.....

Benghazi.... "Oh, I just heard about it on the radio this morning"
IRS Scandal "Oh I just heard about it on the radio this morning"
Fast and Furious "Oh I just heard about that on the radio this morning"
And on and on and on.............

#220249 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:26 pm
Deadguitars wrote:The only law Obama has passed that deals with guns EXPANDS gun owners rights

Nope.
Nope.

Actually the basis of all the liberal perception is correct... There are more guns and ammo in private American hands... than all the world.

This has actually become not only a joke but the funniest balance of power that has been displayed since Reagan stood down the mighty soviet machine.

Flash forward. This president and the agendas of this party will never be realized as long as the American heritage of gun ownership is not breached.

Just to scare you... These people are in control of weapons that are far more dangerous.

The only thing that keeps them in check... is that little old 308 deer rifle.
Billions of them, with experienced shooters that can shoot a rats ears off at 400 yards. Lots and lots of experienced shooters.

Now that's funny!