This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#219777 by AceHenry
Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:09 pm
I am a new member and as profile suggests want to make contact with some local musicians. As ever with sites like this, you get so far and then when things get interesting you get the "to make contact you need to sign up another level and give us money please". Looked promising at the start but I am wondering if its possible to make contact without having to be "premier" or if its best to stick a notice up in the local barber shop. So this is a message in a bottle : to see if this forum works or if I get an e mail saying "to read your replies you need to upgrade and send us money". Are there no genuine free sites to help local musicians connect?

#219780 by gbheil
Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:36 pm
The Bandmix fee is minimal.
Nothing in comparison to all the value it has been to myself and our band.
Not everyone gets the same results. Though, much like everything else in life. What you get out is in directly proportion to what you put in.

#219800 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:02 pm
Put your contact info in your profile (hide the email address like 'IMASCOT at Yaboo DOT com' so it doesn't get deleted).
If you see a profile for somone in your area without any contact info, chances are they are not a premium member either and didn't 'read the fine print" - they may also not be checking here often.
Many people may check out profiles here without registering, too. Not many come to these forums, though.