This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#219141 by fisherman bob
Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:20 am
I get regular notices of Bandmixers "viewing my profile." Many are from the Kansas City area, yet I almost never get a message from any of them. Why? What are you guys and gals scared of? I'm really a nice guy. Come say hello at one one of my gigs, perhaps THIS Saturday at T-Bones in Lake Lottawanna 7 to 11pm. You have to be viewing my profile for a reason...Need a bass player for a gig? Studio work? Need a vocalist? Speak up, I could use the $$....

#219143 by VocalsBass
Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 am
If you weren't so far away, I would help out Bob. I need the cash too.

#219149 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:55 pm
You probably need to update your profile! It shows you're still seeking a bunch of folks, as well as a guitarist-collaborator. There is also no way to contact you unless they are a Premium Member.

#219194 by Krul
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:45 am
Spent $200 on the same experience, Bob. Then I went to CL...that was absurd! Some of my stories might seem like total b.s. and about comedy...but it should be Spinal Tap pt.2. Looking for a band is The Twilight Zone...nobody really knows why any of it happens, good or bad. Its always a very "unique" experience out there. Sure you know...

#219218 by jimmydanger
Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:50 pm
We found our drummer on CL. I've found a couple of friends on BandMix (and some other people). For the most part I assemble bands these days from the contacts I've made over the years. Network! Go to other band's shows! Play free shows to get your band known. Get off the couch (or computer) and get going!

#219263 by crunchysoundbite
Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:31 am
I have an even dumber question.

#219268 by gregory540203
Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:05 am
Honestly, your experience is very similiar to mine and many others. People post on Bandmix that they are "looking" for this or that and they are not serious. They don't return messages or contacts. They are not professional. I went to an audition not long ago and I don't know what the heck that was. I'm not 100% certain they were not seeing if they could easily steal my gear.

I'm going to test the waters solo. Good luck.

#219282 by fisherman bob
Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:30 am
I'm already involved in a band but open to gig with others occasionally. Speak up...or forever hold your tongue...