This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#217753 by ErikJ
Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:53 pm
Hello BandMix community! im Erik, i have been doing music ever since i was 6 doing piano lessons (uggggghh) by the time i was 12 i started Guitar Lessons (UGGGGGGGH)... i didnt really find myself amused with it... so my parents cancelled lessons - i kept my guitar (YAY) then when i was 14 i quit Piano Lessons (YES!) and started learning on my own (HELL YEA! AGAIN!), i am now 16.

since then i have learned:

Bohemian Rhapsody - Piano - Queen

When The Body Speaks - Guitar - Depeche Mode

Heaven - Piano, Drums, Guitar & Synths - Depeche Mode

Suffer Well - Guitar & Drums - Depeche Mode

Breathe - Guitar/Vocals - Depeche Mode(martin solo)

Never Let Me Down Again - Synths, Drums & Piano - Depeche Mode

Stjarna - Piano/Synths - Depeche Mode

and now im creating my own music and going to try to get a band together! i shall succeed! and i hope i can bring some tunes to this site!

Genre: Darkwave Alt. Rock

hope you liked my brief intro guys! hope to make some friends here!

#217756 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:32 am
That was funny...

NO SOUP FOR YOU... TWO WEEKS... or TIL MUSIC IS POSTED.

Sorry dude, without any music you just come across as another hooker in search of a real woman. We have a bunch of them contribute on a regular basis. Careful, we also have some really nasty neocon liberal right wing lefties that are absolute trouble. Stay away from that one guy with the devils avatar. GEEZE!!!!

Good luck. :)

#217757 by jimmydanger
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:33 am
Depeche Mode is great, and it's cool that a young guy like you is into them, but there's a whole bunch of other music you should check out before settling on a genre. Since you've been doing music a long time you know that you must be well-rounded to succeed. Learn a bunch of other styles, even music you don't normally listen to or like. Good luck!

Oh and ignore Glen and some of the other troglodytes around here.

#217759 by ErikJ
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:40 am
haha yep this is not the 1st time for me being on a forumotion-based forum xD glenny is pretty cool & thx 4 the heads up guys!

#217760 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:45 am
jimmydanger wrote:Depeche Mode is great, and it's cool that a young guy like you is into them, but there's a whole bunch of other music you should check out before settling on a genre. Since you've been doing music a long time you know that you must be well-rounded to succeed. Learn a bunch of other styles, even music you don't normally listen to or like. Good luck!

I guess Jimmy we have to teach you how to read, interpret what you read, comprehend what you read and then make an attempt to understand what you read.

Erick is not 16 and he did not have any trouble with his choice of careers.

I just can't believe an old man like you would sidle up to any young wippersnapper in the hopes that you might have your sexual fantasies fulfilled. :lol:

#217761 by ErikJ
Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:50 am
GLENNY J wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Depeche Mode is great, and it's cool that a young guy like you is into them, but there's a whole bunch of other music you should check out before settling on a genre. Since you've been doing music a long time you know that you must be well-rounded to succeed. Learn a bunch of other styles, even music you don't normally listen to or like. Good luck!

I guess Jimmy we have to teach you how to read, interpret what you read, comprehend what you read and then make an attempt to understand what you read.

Erick is not 16 and he did not have any trouble with his choice of careers.

I just can't believe an old man like you would sidle up to any young wippersnapper in the hopes that you might have your sexual fantasies fulfilled. :lol:

LOL good one! you *think* you know what my mission is... already gotta girl IN REAL LIFE!

and i need to teach YOU on how to spell my name its simple really... E. R. I. K.

#217762 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:00 am
E .R .I. K. :lol:

#217763 by ErikJ
Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:02 am
YAY YOU GOT YOUR DEGREE IN SPELLING!

#217766 by fisherman bob
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:21 am
The banter that goes on between some members here on the forum CAN get a little heated at times. Us musicians CAN be a little high strung. Jimmy made a great point about learning other genres. Now I'm a bit biased. While I have gigged in many different genres, I prefer the blues (maybe listen to my profile tunes). It's a great place to start. A lot of great guitarists cut their teeth on it. But definitely welcome to the Forum. We always need new blood here.

#217769 by neanderpaul
Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:21 am
Seriously, let's talk about your picture. Is that possibly you? I mean my brain cannot compute what I'm seeing. Your hair and 'stache are straight out of 1986..... when you were hanging out in an ovary. Are you wearing a skin colored, tattoo covered shirt? How old are you for real? I mean when I saw the pic small I assumed it was a 40something guy who couldn't let go of the image. Then I clicked the image larger and see you are young in the pic and the resolution indicates webcam pic. That indicates a relatively recent pic. Seriously my brain is frazzled just trying to compute that pic! :?: :shock: :?: I mean sure, when I was in my early twenties in the early nineties I was all early 70's in appearance with the hair, flares, and butterfly collars but the 80's retro look came comically and went around the time of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmbbeFCQp0o

I demand answers!!! :shock: :lol:

#217770 by neanderpaul
Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:23 am
And where's the music?!

#217779 by Joewillplay
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:17 pm
No matter what sh*t you are thrown,I think you have done ok for yourself.
We all have a tendency to forget the way we looked was cool and every time the look changes we don't like it.Be yourself.

#217782 by neanderpaul
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:52 pm
I'm not ragging him. I'm literally baffled and seeking closure.

#217783 by jw123
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:56 pm
That profile aint no 16 yr old, thats all I can say about it.

#217784 by jsantos
Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:58 pm
lol peg V2.0