This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#214491 by taraw
Mon May 13, 2013 12:44 am
Hey there, I'm an 18-year-old singer/ukulele player living near Austin, TX. If you're a musician in that area, send me a message or something, even if we can't jam together I love meeting new people. Also if anyone has tips for getting yourself out there, I would really appreciate that.

Look me up on youtube - Tara Wieckowski

#214516 by GuitarMikeB
Mon May 13, 2013 1:17 pm
Austin? You've got a world of opportunity. Start hitting all the clubs, there's bound to be a ton of open mics, open-air events etc. Next to Nashville, there's more musicians and bands and places to play in Austin than anywhere else in the country!
#214708 by MScott
Wed May 15, 2013 5:03 pm
Hi Tara,
I live right down the street in Avery Ranch and have a decent home recording studio. If you want, you and your guitar-playin-boyfriend can come over and record some of your material...

email me and let's exchange cell numbers and set something up for ya!
Scotty
mscott at theplutonians dot com

(links to some tunes below)

#214717 by PaperDog
Wed May 15, 2013 5:44 pm
This Why I Love Austin...and proud to say I once lived in that glorious town :)

Rock On !
#214727 by Joewillplay
Wed May 15, 2013 6:45 pm
MScott wrote:Hi Tara,
I live right down the street in Avery Ranch and have a decent home recording studio. If you want, you and your guitar-playin-boyfriend can come over and record some of your material...

email me and let's exchange cell numbers and set something up for ya!
Scotty
mscott at theplutonians dot com

(links to some tunes below)
Now that's a damn nice gesture Scott.Given those kids a little break like that
.It's what helping is all about.Good luck guys."get yourself a guitar chances are you'll go far if you get in with the right bunch of fellows"