This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

Would you contact me based on my profile page?

N/A
67%
33%

#213528 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm
I can't listen, I'm at work, but what I can tell you is you need to put your contact information in your profile - only premium members here can send messages and most people who browse this place are not premium members. You'll need to 'hide' the email address like 'singer AT yehoo DOT com'.

#213555 by KLUGMO
Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:30 pm
I believe you should know what someone truly looking for a singer
would be looking for. If I came to your profile looking, I would want to hear
Quality. You are being SO unfair to yourself with your front seat drive-by
cover recording. It screams I Dont Care. It tells me.

Zero emotion.
Zero attention.
Zero technical skills.
Zero equipment.
Zero writing ability.

You appear as someone just having fun singing, not someone who is
gifted and serious about puting in time with other musicians to create
something special. Frankly, there are thousands of you.
Make a serious presentation of yourself and skills not some video that
tells others you do things half-ass.
Just an honest opinion.
Good Luck
[/b]

#213556 by gbheil
Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:37 pm
To answer the question directly . . . no.

I see nothing that would evidence that:

1) You have the ability to "lead" a band.

2) You have the ability to "work" a crowd.

If I was "seeking" , and you contacted me asking for an audition, I would arrange it.
These are two of the main things I would be looking for.

We performed, and ran sound for multiple bands this Saturday.
Though there were some very talented vocalist, none of them would be suitable to be " A Front Man "

One young lady in particular. Her voice quality was angelic.
But she was a dead fish on the stage. Neither did any medley she sing, nor her originals have any musical dynamics .
The angelic quality of her voice was pleasing for about three minutes.
The next 40 minutes I just wanted her to shut up. :lol:

The band that followed her did not have the strongest vocal skill levels.
But they worked the crowd and their presentation was dynamic.

If you can display vocal skills, leadership skills, and musical dynamics you will attract people looking for a front man.

Just one man's opinion of course.
Best wishes.
#213575 by PaperDog
Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:06 pm
davidharrisutah wrote:http://www.bandmix.com/davidharrisutah/

Can you guys take a look around my profile and see if I can tune anything up, or if you'd contact me based on the page itself.

The audio track is a melodic metal outro from Kamelot, the videos on the profile are various rock songs.

Just let me know. Thanks.

Its like asking us how we feel about your singing when you are in the shower...
Parroting a cover on the radio... Sorry, that just doesn't count...

Do it with a real band,
or find another box of sand.

#213582 by Starfish Scott
Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 pm
The reality of it is that everyone and their brother want to do one of 2 things, be the vocalist or play guitar. (or maybe both)

The other stuff like playing bass or keys is the last thing they want to do.
(They feel that any monkey will suffice until they MAKE IT BIG. haw-haw-haw. GUESS AGAIN D-BAG.)

The drumming role is actually a skill set, but plenty of people with a little skill and a lot of ear will fake it rather well and eliminate the position.

Basically you have to be able to write your own material and perform it.

Oh and did I mention it has to be DAMN GOOD, otherwise you're sunk before you ever hit the water unless you like covers and the idea of selling MORE beer.

#213589 by Jahva
Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:53 pm
Tell me if I have what it takes to be a lead vocalist.

Based on the videos and recording of "Abandon"... I'd say you've got some work to do. But how good do you want to be... You're not a natural talent (most aren't) so I would suggest find an instructor.
Good Luck to you.

#213627 by fisherman bob
Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:19 am
I'm not being facetious when I say this reminds me of karaoke in the shower. You MAY have a good voice, you MAY have what it takes, but your profile doesn't really tell me that you WOULD do a good job.
My best advice to any aspiring vocalist is quit trying to sound like somebody you're not. While I'm not familiar with the cover you're singing (like a parrot) the affectations you're putting on your voice sund ludicrous, almost comical.
When I first started (30 years ago) I played harmonica, sang a little because we ddn't have a singer, then switched to bass when a world class harmonica player became available. I do what it takes to get the job done. Now I sing a LOT and play bass a LOT. We do covers by all kinds of different singers, and originals. I'm no Muddy Waters, or Jimi Hendrix, or whomever we cover. I was told by a very great blues singer to just sing as straightforward as possible, and put the damn microphone in my mouth if I have to. In other words, I'm an all out vocalist. I blast the songs when needed. Just sing a song the way YOU want to. Quit sounding like somebody else. Otherwise, I have no idea who I'm listening to.

#213655 by Starfish Scott
Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:56 pm
haw-haw-haw..

"Karokee in the shower", that's a slap and a half.

David, if you think you got something to offer buy a PA and start practicing.
(If I can do it, anyone can. You just have to learn to ignore people in general and develop a thick skin.)
#213672 by Deadguitars
Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:53 pm
davidharrisutah wrote:http://www.bandmix.com/davidharrisutah/

Can you guys take a look around my profile and see if I can tune anything up, or if you'd contact me based on the page itself.

davidharrisutah wrote:I'm not changing what I do because you guys might not like it. I get plenty of positive feedback and work from people who like what I do, so a bunch of forum posts isn't going to derail that. I'm looking for site functionality help from other users.

:?:

#213679 by Deadguitars
Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:25 pm
davidharrisutah wrote:
I don't understand the confusion.

..... " Do I have what It Takes To be a lead Vocalist " ? WAS the thread title ..
Why would I be confused ?
:lol:
When I look at profiles .... I look for a good music sample - preferably a live recording - and some pics of gear and stuff ....
Good luck , David

:D

#213682 by Cajundaddy
Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:51 pm
If the music demo sucks, the rest of the profile page is irrelevant. :wink: