This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Post your ideas and questions to the BandMix Staff.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#19866 by Cold Shock
Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:44 pm
I have not had much luck in getting responses when contacting other musicians/bands, etc. Are the people who come up on the search actual paying members who can contact me back or are they the free accounts that cannot contact?

If they are both then we need a function to narrow down the search. I am not going to send out 10 messages to people who can't contact me back unless they sign up. I only want to contact those that can contact me because they are members.

Please explain.

Thanks

#19867 by RhythmMan
Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:31 pm
Anybody you contact can reply to you, whether they are paying members or not.
I am a non-paying member, myself, because what I am looking for is not readily available; it'd be a waste of money for me.
In the last several years, here, I've only seen just a few individuals (who live close enough) whom I am interested in working with.
This is just me, 'cause I'm looking for a unique blend of musical interests, adaptability, creativity, and experience. And they need to have compatible goals. And - they ALSO have to live within driving distance.
Translation, for me: Zilch.
Man, that was sure making a short story long, eh?
:)
ANY-way . . .
I've been contacted several times, and, once contacted, I'm able to always contact that person back . . .
So, if people aren't responding to you, then it's probably because"
A) They didn't get the message yet.
B) They're still thinking about it
C) They're jerks
. . .

#19872 by Irminsul
Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:21 pm
I'm glad someone started this thread. I have NEVER been able to make the BandMix search feature work. I've tried exact nicknames, exact instrumentations, even exact locations. Nothing. It really sucks, and I hope they fix it.
#19882 by fisherman bob
Mon Jan 21, 2008 3:29 am
Bandmix, although they didn't stick with the band. Our current keyboardist is a Bandmix member but I've known him for 15 years and didn't contact him through Bandmix. We had a guitar player who is a Bandmix member but I don't remember if I contacted him through Bandmix. I'd say I've had modest success with the search feature. Someone's success or lack of it depends on a lot of different factors.

#20145 by Cold Shock
Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:06 am
I really don't think you can read or respond unless you are a paying member. I have out about a dozen emails and not one response to even acknowledge that they have received it. There is no way to check to see if the message was even opened. I am beginning to think this was a waste of money.

The search has issues too, I'll bring that up later.

Not a happy customer

#20151 by RhythmMan
Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:19 am
I'll say it again:
Yes, you CAN respond if you are not a paying member.
Some of the reasons you didn't get a reply are listed in my previous posting, above . . .
I repeat:
I am a non-paying member.
I have been contacted a few dozen times, and, once contacted, I have ALWAYS been able to respond to that individual whenever I choose.
My most recent contact was just last week. Someone contacted me, and I exchanged several messages back and forth with her.
But; whatever . . . believe what you want . . .

#20157 by neanderpaul
Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:37 am
I have gotten a few PM's and have responded successfully. I am not a paying member.

#20175 by Cold Shock
Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:26 pm
The reason that I paid is to be able to communicate with others. PRIOR to paying whenever I clicked to contact someone I always got a message asking me to sign up to get that feature. Maybe you are just special and are slipping through the cracks

#20176 by Cold Shock
Sat Jan 26, 2008 8:27 pm
I am not talking about this forum either. I am taking about the main bandmix site where you search.

#20251 by BMix
Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:24 pm
You have to upgrade to initiate contact with other members. But if you are contacted, you can read the message and click on the Reply button for free to respond and send a message back to the sender. Only one party needs to be a premier member to communicate on the site. Hope this helps.

#20358 by iralarry
Wed Jan 30, 2008 1:13 am
I have noticed that one can tell if a person of interest whom you have attempted to contact has in fact or at least in theory received your E-Mail. If you go back to their profile you will notice when their last sign on was. Obviously if it was after you sent a communiqué then unless they are blind-they would have seen they received e-mail. If they do not contact back, then as one stated above, they are jerks. :roll:

Please, :? everyone, at least give notice of your non-interest with a simple-not interested. Let's use a bit 'o etiquette. No one likes to be left hangin'.:oops:

Larry

#21342 by sliding-in-E
Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:53 pm
I am a paying member and only got a 2 responses when I was a non paying member

Eddie

#21347 by gbheil
Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:14 pm
I have been a paid and free user as my needs and availability have required. the Bandmix people have been accomidating and polite. I have had some success building our band but it required patience and a lot of screen time. overall I am please with the site.