This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#210139 by XchurroX
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:53 am
Yes i know the quality of the recording blows im using a webcam mic but if i can get some feedback that would be awesome

https://soundcloud.com/pat-ciura

This is coming from a guy who used to play nothing but metal haha so be honest

#210157 by gbheil
Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:20 pm
I think you have some workable ideas.

Even for demo purposes your going to need a better recording set up than this.
It's not dynamic enough to allow for any "musical" commentary what so ever.

One thing ( among many ) I have learned using this music forum as a sounding board is that even if your just bouncing ideas IE incomplete compositions for comment so you can learn and improve.
We just have to go the extra mile in production.

Otherwise it's kinda like having a out of focus picture of a beautiful woman.
No one else can really tell what it is you have.

#210161 by The KIDD
Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:09 pm
Yeah, I agree with Sans in that the song motifs are workable and worth expounding on. You can hear theres quality to your vocals with the dynamic flow and pitch control ya have , but for a 'musical " response , you need to multi track so you can get them out in front of the gtr. Add some comp/limit and a touch of delay to them to fatten them up and gel better with instruments. But yeah, for being in the rough demo stage, I say keep up the good work!

KIDD

#210168 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:27 pm
I'll *third* the comments regarding recording. Sounds like you recorded in an echoey room with a single mic. 'Demos' like this are fine for getting an idea to a band/partner to work on, but not for 'how do you like my song?'
Listened to some of all of them, one thing I noticed is you are mostly playing the acoustic like it was an electric. The two exceptions were 'Come To Be', and the intro to the next song (sorry, didn't write the name down).
Congratulations on expanding your playing abilities and styles - never limit yourself to one or two genres!

#210198 by XchurroX
Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:26 pm
Awesome guys thanks for the feedback that you could give and yea makes plenty of sense with the recording situation unfortunately a webcam is all i have :oops: ill get something better going this week and do an update.

#210199 by XchurroX
Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:28 pm
This is to GuitarMike, Yea i do tend to play a little harder on the acoustic but i mean thats just my style haha like i said this is a Thrash metaler gone soft :roll: or at least trying to haha so im working on it

#210244 by Jahva
Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:16 am
"Something new" is the best of the lot imo.
Definitely some potential in some of your ideas. Good tonal quality in your voice. And I'm sure you know how difficult it can be to find a good vocalist.
You're on the right track from what I hear.
Good Luck to you.

#211916 by funthemental
Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:22 pm
Your stuff is good man!! I like it alot, did you get new recording equipment yet i want to hear it in good quality!! Im new here and just started posting and reading all these threads and im jealous how far along everyone seems to be with full albums they are getting ready to finish and just seriously pumping at their own original music, thats gotta feel awesome!! Start recording with quality stuff man!!

#211997 by XchurroX
Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:34 am
Yea im in the process of doing it at the moment its just the fun of finding time to get together with my buddy to lay down tracks hopefully in about a week i should have more

#212053 by funthemental
Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:31 pm
Cool man, I just started recording my own stuff as well, I'm.new to everything but I'm just using an iPad with garage band and you can get some good recordings with it, at least to start

#212055 by derelith
Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 pm
Its a hell of a start. Like everyone here is saying, once you layer and polish this it is going to be money. Wiseman is my favorite btw.

#212869 by Jahva
Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:08 am
bump

#213002 by XchurroX
Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:26 pm
Okay so i'm almost ready to give up on my buddy helping me record. Can anyone recommend a reasonably affordable condenser mic(s)

#213017 by jw123
Tue Apr 23, 2013 7:29 pm
LOL look up CAD mics, I bought some a couple of years ago, they were $49 a piece, we actually use them live for our drum overheads, but Ive used them for recording and they dont sound that bad to me. They do require phantom power, the only drawback for recording.

Our bassist has recorded me in his studios, and lately hes been using SM 57s of all things for vocals and to mic acoustic guitars.

I also had an AVLEX, dont know if they make them anymore, it was very warm, and it cost around $200.

But dont get caught up on names and certain mics, just try to find something that works for you.

Hell Ive used everything from NEUMANS to these little Radio Shack plastic mics and if you play around with them enough you can get almost anything sounded decent.

Good Luck