This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#208860 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:52 pm
My experience has been if people don't have samples of their material online somewhere/anywhere, its because they have no experience - or they are not very good.

#208863 by Galdrath
Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:24 pm
For me with my former bands. It was more that they didn't want me to put up samples since I was not part of their band anymore. I was able to get a few recordings allowed by my last band which I was able to put up and use to get into my current one. But it took a good deal of pleading to get that done. I also had just an $8 mic and a horrible computer to try and record myself singing to various songs as well. But with that said, I was still able to work something out. If the singer is serious about finding a spot, they will find a way to get heard.

#208876 by Starfish Scott
Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:52 pm
It's one thing to be a reasonable singer.

It's a whole other issue to have a decent sample as most singers are not technicians. Hell you are lucky if they are even performers.

#209161 by PaperDog
Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:57 am
Lady Rocker wrote:8)

http://www.ourstage.com/profile/ladyrocker

You should have no probs landing any gigs in AZ... You prolly want to hit the clubs in the downtown areas, and check all the periodicals/papers for the bands seeking vocalists... In your case, consider finding a reliable agent who will work with you. (You have the chops)
Good luck to you!

#209179 by Jahva
Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:55 pm
Jim
I just did a quick search in my area (Charlotte)
258 postings as General singer
of that
28 active in the last 4 weeks, 14 with audio
26 active in the last 3 weeks, 12 with audio
18 active in the last 2 weeks, 8 with audio
11 active in the last week, 2 with audio

Add to that odds are not in my favor since at least half are Christian, Funk and or Country players. :shock: :?
I gave up on trying to find a singer here. I think you're best to use every avenue you can come up with from posting at GC to CL etc... (good) singers are not easy to find at least in my experience.
Good luck though... maybe you'll have better results than me.
#209466 by Cameron Landers
Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:41 pm
Hi everyone. This is my first time posting in the forums.

I agree with others in this thread that it's pointless to setup a profile as a vocalist, and not include any samples. The same goes for other instruments as well. A lot of keyboardists and guitarists seem to be setting up profiles here with no samples, or links to any samples.

I have a few samples uploaded here, and also I have my web site listed, so that interested players, agents and venue owners can hear plenty more samples on my web site:

http://www.cameronlanders.com

I'm a lead vocalist and audience-interactive front man with over 20 years of experience doing live shows. I've been fortunate to have done some fun tribute shows in touring class venues on the western circuits, and at times I've been fortunate enough to have a good group of players assembled for a quite a while and have had some good runs.

But life happens, players come and go, and nothing good lasts forever. When that happens, it's like starting all over again every time. That's the most frustrating part of this business for me. It's really hard to find the right group of people and then keep them all pointed in the same direction for any length of time.

I specialize in epic rock songs from mega-bands and artists like Boston, Foreigner, Styx, Journey, Bad Co, Deep Purple, Toto, Loverboy, etc. I can sing anything, but that type of material is what I do best.

I am 100% music for a living. I am always open to new projects, and like most full-time musicians, I never have enough work.

To anyone looking for a powerhouse vocalist:

If you are interested in having a conversation to discuss project possibilities, please visit my web site and listen to my vocals first - then feel free to get in touch. You can pretty much just Google my name.

I'm located in northern CA. I am open to traveling around a bit for the right situation, but there has to be a fast path to paying gigs. This usually means professional representation already in place, and access to touring class venues.

Cheers,

-=Cameron Landers

#209523 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:28 am
Cameron, sounds like you have a good frontman voice for classic rock songs, good luck in your new bandmate search.

#209591 by Kramerguy
Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:10 pm
Today's technology just isn't good enough to capture my awesomeness as a guitarist in the capacity that it should be heard, therefore, only a live audition will do!

:D :P :lol: :o

#209659 by GuitarMikeB
Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:05 pm
Kramerguy wrote:Today's technology just isn't good enough to capture my awesomeness as a guitarist in the capacity that it should be heard, therefore, only a live audition will do!

:D :P :lol: :o

Kramer - don't call me, I'll call you! :roll:

I responded to 2 Craigslist ads this morning, both were singers looking for a guitarist. I asked for any online stuff or recordings to prove their ability.

#209768 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:20 pm
Update:
1 of the CL people replied yesterday with a youtube link. Good voice, but her songs were from people like Beyonce, Pink ... thanks, but no thanks.
Other person has not repsonded, so either had no audition samples available or might show up at the OM tonight.

#221128 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Aug 24, 2013 12:07 pm
You've got good tone, but your pitch is all over the place - you need to be singing to backing tracks (that would hopefully keep you in tune).