This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Rate your favorite bands and albums.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#13469 by Starfish Scott
Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:31 am
LOL@ IRMINSUL, you are indeed a character and THAT is a compliment.

"Vocals & Bass", without any music I can't tell what you are and if you never reply to me in any way, shape or form, I should consider myself lucky.

It has always been my experience that only the most shallow and scared of people cannot take a shot, be it verbal or otherwise. ( be the Teflon man and let it roll off like the rain)

If you don't like my music, ok. I won't be dying any time soon. I'd prefer you liked it, but life goes on.

And if you don't post your music on here, you may as well have no name either as you are as nondescript as your music.

I think your music, be it original or cover, defines who you are and that is THE most important variable there is.

#20540 by EvenSteven Drums Vocals
Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:30 pm
...Back to the topic of Boston singer, Brad Delp.

Tom Sholtz called him "The nicest guy in rock n roll"
I'll verify that statement.

My former bandmate, Kimberley Dahme, is the bassist for Boston.
She introduced me to Brad & Tom in 2003.
Brad is THE voice of classic rock, and his soaring vocals are coming out of a radio somewhere in the world right now. Just like they have everyday since their classic first album dropped in 1976.

Brad was the total opposite of the stereotypical 'rockstar' when I met him.
Very softspoken & unassuming, and a good listener who focused his undivided attention to whomever was conversing with him, be it a gushing fan or a musical peer.
Brad Delp was a very humble spirit, his life was devoted to pleasing the others around him.
His magnificent voice shall live forever on the radio.
#20569 by neanderpaul
Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:57 am
AnotherDrummer wrote:One of the best rock vocalists ever.

Somebody newer than me dug this thread up. I'll concur with your thought AD, he was one of the best. The guitar sound to me is more memorable but Brad is a legend.

MacLeod wrote:very average indeed, typical of the 90s grunge rockers, they all sound the same

Far from an average grunge vocalist Chris Cornell was the ONLY cool metal singer in my opinion. Phenomenal range without any of the hair metal hangups. He sounded nothing like Cobain, Vedder, Weiland, or anybody else.

Vocals & Bass wrote: And so it should be. Cornel is one of the greatest rock vocalist of all time, Let alone, His writing ability & guitar. Just like the vocalist for NickelBack.

Nickelback is the new bane of my existence since creed gave it up. Forced buzzy vocals and shallow lame lyrics.

Irminsul wrote:
Captain Scott wrote:uggghh did someone burp out the word, "nicklebag"? lol

Uhm, THIS Nickelbag? -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7F3O6WYfHQ

ROFL

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: