This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#204021 by ababaebeb
Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:27 pm
I check the postings on BandMix almost daily. I like to keep up on who's new and whats's going on. Have a listen to some recordings here and there and check out the talent. The number of accounts locally in my area (Kamloops BC) rarely changes, it hovers around 103 to 107 give or take a few and hasn't varied much in 5 years. I have taken to browsing other cities like Vancouver and Calgary or Edmonton. I spend most of my browsing time looking at profiles from Vancouver as it is only 4-5 hours from us here. It has been a musical hub in the past and having lived there and experienced some of it I have a heart for the city still. I can't help noticing that Calgary and Edmonton have twice as many profiles on BandMix as Vancouver but they have at least half the population. Is that because BandMix is more popular out there and the musicians in Vancouver use other media for musicians to promote and connect? Or is it because there actually is a shortage of musicians in BC? I am leaning towards the latter having my own frustrating experience finding good musicians to play and perform with here in Kamloops. There just aren't the numbers there were and I wonder why?

#204138 by jw123
Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:12 pm
A Im assuming that your area has Craigs List, I think you would get a little better responses in your area thru this, than on BM. I would encourage you to go to places locally that play the type of music you are interected in, and network with those musicians. You might talk to local techs or people in music stores also, most employees of the local music stores in my area are also active musically.

Good Luck

#204144 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:05 pm
I would guess there are better means in the bigger population areas to find others than BM. Like John says, craigslist, get out to venues, etc.

#204148 by Planetguy
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 pm
...and of course there are your local (and not so local) music stores. check out their bulletin boards. put up an ad yourself. talk to the folks working at the store and let them know what you have to offer and what you're looking for.