This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#204051 by ababaebeb
Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:04 am
I recently posted some thoughts on a few issues that i felt were important to me as apractising musician. i didn't mean any harm to anyone in posting what I felt were my valid concerns.
It is too bad that the first few peopel to respond were a bunch of w*nkers and losers. I would have thought that giveb the subject of my posts I might spark an intelligent exchange or at least a half civilized discussion about these issues. I got a couple of losers commenting and to tell the truth just flinging mud for the sake of it. Must have been a bunch of losers with no lives just trolling the posting for someone to sh*t on. I expected more from the members of this forum but maybe I shouldn't have. The responses reminded me of things I've read betweeen losers who post on Youtube with obviously nothing better to do that sh*t on people and their opinions. Maybe that is what is wrong with the scene not the Big Music companies but that there are too many little losers out there clogging up the system spreading their sh*t making it more difficult for us real musicians t omake a solid go of it.
Well I for one will make it and I will be successful and make my living playing music because I believe inmyself and the music. Too bad for losers who have nothing better to do than sling mud and waste my time really TOO BAD.

#204054 by KLUGMO
Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:28 am
Did you really think that the population here at BM was in some way
different in terms of ash holes and morons than the population of America?

Don't be SO naive.[/b]
#204061 by RGMixProject
Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:59 am
Axiom7 wrote:I recently posted some thoughts on a few issues that i felt were important to me as apractising musician. i didn't mean any harm to anyone in posting what I felt were my valid concerns.
It is too bad that the first few peopel to respond were a bunch of w*nkers and losers. I would have thought that giveb the subject of my posts I might spark an intelligent exchange or at least a half civilized discussion about these issues. I got a couple of losers commenting and to tell the truth just flinging mud for the sake of it. Must have been a bunch of losers with no lives just trolling the posting for someone to sh*t on. I expected more from the members of this forum but maybe I shouldn't have. The responses reminded me of things I've read betweeen losers who post on Youtube with obviously nothing better to do that sh*t on people and their opinions. Maybe that is what is wrong with the scene not the Big Music companies but that there are too many little losers out there clogging up the system spreading their sh*t making it more difficult for us real musicians t omake a solid go of it.
Well I for one will make it and I will be successful and make my living playing music because I believe inmyself and the music. Too bad for losers who have nothing better to do than sling mud and waste my time really TOO BAD.

Wow, name calling.

Unless you can look at this picture and claim to have put years of sweat and blood and 100% passion into trying to be a musician and bring your game on to make fans want to support you. Fine, talk the talk... if not, don't preach. From what you are saying it appears that you missed the boat and you want to blame something or someone else.

I think a chill pill is in order.

#204070 by Cajundaddy
Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:21 am
If you really got something, people will notice... eventually. SRV, Dire Straits, Van Halen played dive bars every weekend for peanuts. They did this for a very long time.

I have been playing live music for over 40 years. My joy comes from performing live in front of people, not in my living room or garage. "Fame" is no longer interesting to me in the least. Just a few smiling faces showing appreciation for my effort is enough.
#204115 by gbheil
Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:09 pm
Axiom7 wrote:I recently posted some thoughts on a few issues that i felt were important to me as apractising musician. i didn't mean any harm to anyone in posting what I felt were my valid concerns.

Sooo Mr big time musician . . . why you hanging out here ?
#204150 by GuitarMikeB
Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:37 pm
sanshouheil wrote:Sooo Mr big time musician . . . why you hanging out here ?

Because he's running out of people in British Columbia who will put up with his whining?

#204181 by gtZip
Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:47 pm
If you want a discussion, use paragraphs.

#204450 by RGMixProject
Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:45 pm
Oh, by the way...

Goodbye 8)