This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#203512 by neanderpaul
Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:51 pm
My iphone 4s will do all the clean, amazing quality live audio capture you want. No setting of levels. It will also capture in 1080p - full HD. There are also hundreds of multitracking apps available. You can also run line in to it for far more controls. It also has a boatload of storage available. I've had over a thousand pics, mostly short videos, AND 2, 1.5 hour videos on the phone at the same time. Since the new iphone 5 has come out the 4s is now much cheaper. If you already have a cell phone then the iphone has that obvious use as well. My point is that you likely have to have a phone. Why not get one that does this important task as well as literally thousands of others. It is my computer. It is my video recorder, audio recorder, and video editing software. Most of the videos I've shot in the past year have been filmed, edited, and uploaded from the phone and I never went near a computer. It's my GPS, my main picture camera, my whole bible in every translation, my secretary, scheduler, T.V., email, level (literally, as in I set a gate post with it) etc etc etc. Since I bought it there are half a dozen chargers for home and car that i've eliminated. The batteries that I HAVEN'T had to buy since I began using it boggle the mind.

So is a digital micro recorder worth it? Not in my opinion. Just get an iphone. If you sign a 2 year contract, which I always do, it can be CHEAP!

#203536 by kc5tng
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:36 am
Ive been using the Yamaha Pocketrak C-24 since 2010 and it makes marvelous recordings right off the bandstand - as long as you place it in front of your vocal monitor or if you mic everything, a few feet in front of one of the FOH speakers. It has an onboard overload protection circuit that you can engage and since its digital, it does its job as its supposed to do...no distortion. It records in PCM at 24 bit & 96 hz format as well as 16 bit on down to MP3 format. I put a mini SDHC card in mine - 16 gigs and it will record 12 hours at the highest level - - PCM @ 96 hz - 24 bit...takes ONE Triple A battery - I use rechargeables and put a new one at the end of every set. Its 4 1/2" tall, 1 1/4 " wide and 1/2" thick ...has two onboard mics....and sells for around $150.00...and Yamaha makes excellent gear. It also comes with a Clip on Holder that clips to a Mic Stand - of course you can clip it other objects as well.
#203552 by Kramerguy
Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:17 pm
Red Tuesday wrote:
Tony39158 wrote:Miro Recorders $250 - $350 Are they worth it? Good bang for the buck? Any you would recommend over another? Would it allow me to post audio files on here without too much sound quality being lost?

for that price range, the Zoom H4n is the one I would get. It does what you want - and it has tracks if you want to do some 4 track recording - Audio I understand is top notch for live situations as well.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/H4N/

110% agree. I've used the h4n to record band rehearsals.. Some of the rehearsal recordings were better than our recorded demos.. I'm not kidding. (it was a low-volume, semi-acoustic band FWIW).. the recorder is amazing.

#203556 by gtZip
Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:43 pm
neanderpaul wrote:My iphone 4s will do all the clean, amazing quality live audio capture you want. No setting of levels. It will also capture in 1080p - full HD. There are also hundreds of multitracking apps available. You can also run line in to it for far more controls. It also has a boatload of storage available. I've had over a thousand pics, mostly short videos, AND 2, 1.5 hour videos on the phone at the same time. Since the new iphone 5 has come out the 4s is now much cheaper. If you already have a cell phone then the iphone has that obvious use as well. My point is that you likely have to have a phone. Why not get one that does this important task as well as literally thousands of others. It is my computer. It is my video recorder, audio recorder, and video editing software. Most of the videos I've shot in the past year have been filmed, edited, and uploaded from the phone and I never went near a computer. It's my GPS, my main picture camera, my whole bible in every translation, my secretary, scheduler, T.V., email, level (literally, as in I set a gate post with it) etc etc etc. Since I bought it there are half a dozen chargers for home and car that i've eliminated. The batteries that I HAVEN'T had to buy since I began using it boggle the mind.

So is a digital micro recorder worth it? Not in my opinion. Just get an iphone. If you sign a 2 year contract, which I always do, it can be CHEAP!

YEP!

GarageBand and iMovie, 5 bucks a peice.

Other than that, I'd vote Zoom. The one that records video actually records better audio.

#203558 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:16 pm
Have you seen one of these? iPhones are great, and with this attachment, might improve audio in live settings, or so I've been told. Check it out :D

http://tascam.com/product/im2/

neanderpaul wrote:My iphone 4s will do all the clean, amazing quality live audio capture you want. No setting of levels. It will also capture in 1080p - full HD. There are also hundreds of multitracking apps available. You can also run line in to it for far more controls. It also has a boatload of storage available. I've had over a thousand pics, mostly short videos, AND 2, 1.5 hour videos on the phone at the same time. Since the new iphone 5 has come out the 4s is now much cheaper. If you already have a cell phone then the iphone has that obvious use as well. My point is that you likely have to have a phone. Why not get one that does this important task as well as literally thousands of others. It is my computer. It is my video recorder, audio recorder, and video editing software. Most of the videos I've shot in the past year have been filmed, edited, and uploaded from the phone and I never went near a computer. It's my GPS, my main picture camera, my whole bible in every translation, my secretary, scheduler, T.V., email, level (literally, as in I set a gate post with it) etc etc etc. Since I bought it there are half a dozen chargers for home and car that i've eliminated. The batteries that I HAVEN'T had to buy since I began using it boggle the mind.

#203559 by Sir Jamsalot
Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:22 pm
neanderpaul wrote: It is my computer. It is my video recorder, audio recorder, and video editing software. Most of the videos I've shot in the past year have been filmed, edited, and uploaded from the phone and I never went near a computer. It's my GPS, my main picture camera, my whole bible in every translation, my secretary, scheduler, T.V., email, level (literally, as in I set a gate post with it) etc etc etc...

Yah, but can you water your lawn or shave with it? hmmmm? :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgt2dJU2TNk

#203627 by neanderpaul
Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:08 am
Red Tuesday wrote:Have you seen one of these? iPhones are great, and with this attachment, might improve audio in live settings, or so I've been told. Check it out :D

http://tascam.com/product/im2/

[

I have one.
Last edited by neanderpaul on Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.