This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Drums and Accessories.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#176033 by darrin479939
Tue Jun 19, 2012 12:25 am
It had been 20+ years since I owned a drum set. My last was a 5 pc. Pearl Export.
While I was looking around at what was available I saw Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, etc. But also noticed I saw nothing about Slingerland drums. (I'm giving away my age, aren't I?)
Can anyone tell me what happened to them?
Did they go out of business or what?
Just wondering.

Thanks.
Darrin
#176061 by RGMixProject
Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:25 am
darrin479939 wrote:It had been 20+ years since I owned a drum set. My last was a 5 pc. Pearl Export.
While I was looking around at what was available I saw Pearl, Ludwig, Tama, etc. But also noticed I saw nothing about Slingerland drums. (I'm giving away my age, aren't I?)
Just wondering.

Thanks.
Darrin

It was about 7 or 8 years ago.

Ringo huh? do you have a Beatles wigs or are you gonna grow your hair?

#179173 by Drumsinhisheart
Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:42 am
Slingerland went out of business many years ago. Back in the 90s. They tried to make a comeback and made some really nice drums and great hardware ideas, but just couldn't make it. Rogers, then Slingerland. Ludwig holds its own for now. Sad, really. Lots of musical history there.
#183672 by John Crash Jones
Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:48 pm
I only know this because I found an old 50s steel slingerland snare and wanted to date it by it's serial number. Gibson said they estimate before 1960 but no records support an exact date anymore....

It was loud, very loud. Sold it for very little, $100 but no biggie, I had 4 snares at the time.

#189227 by darrin479939
Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:49 am
Thanks for that answer, RGMixProject.

As to your question: Ringo huh? do you have a Beatles wigs or are you gonna grow your hair?
No. We will not look like them. We are all older musicians who are interested in playing the music as close to the recordings as possible. People love the music and that is the core of what they like about the Beatles.
We will be debuting very soon. Keep an eye out!
Thanks.

#189352 by RGMixProject
Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:37 pm
darrin479939 wrote:Thanks for that answer, RGMixProject.

As to your question: Ringo huh? do you have a Beatles wigs or are you gonna grow your hair?
No. We will not look like them. We are all older musicians who are interested in playing the music as close to the recordings as possible. People love the music and that is the core of what they like about the Beatles.
We will be debuting very soon. Keep an eye out!
Thanks.

Will do, and keep us informed 8)
#198671 by all dave all night
Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:24 am
rin479939"]It had been 20+ years since I owned a drum set. My last was a 5 pc. Pearl Export.
Just wondering.

Thanks.
Darrin[/quote]
my son now plays my 3 piece 8 ply oak piccalo snare with zildjian cymbles jazz set 1970. poor dad is stuck with a mere 15 piece black pearl must suck to be me

#203107 by darrin479939
Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:17 pm
Update on the band:
Been having some ups & downs with personnel.

On 1/13/13 we had our 1st real rehearsal & played together for the 1st time. Sounded like we had been playing together for months! It was beautiful!
2 days later our George left! :-(

At this time (1/24/13) We have the following:

Myself as Ringo
Glenn as John &
Alex as Paul

We are looking for a "George"- Lead Guitarist/ Singer.
Must be a fan of the Beatles 1st! 15 years exp. 30-50 y.o.

Also looking for a Keyboard Player who will play light hand percussion as well. Same requirements.
We intend to sound as close to the Beatles recordings as possible.

If you know anyone who qualifies for this, is in the LA area & interested- please have them contact us @ [email protected].

Wanna see a few pictures? Search: "Ye Olde Beetles" on Facebook.

#214204 by Tommies Peppers and Eggs
Tue May 07, 2013 8:18 pm
Cheap Japanese/Chinese imports helped bring Slingerland to a slow death.
Miss-management was the final blow to a once giant in the industry. Their sets are still around, I own about 10 of them and they play and sound fantastic. Rogers also met a tragic end largely due to CBS hacks messing with something they had no business touching! Gretsch USA Custom still makes nice stuff and DW is also a great choice.

#218301 by darrin479939
Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:22 am
Well, here's an update as of July 9th 3013:
Over the last 6 months we have had 3 Georges! They have all left for reasons having nothing to do with us.

The 1st gave a lame reason that I didn't believe, the 2nd was just immature. He wanted to be in a Beatle band with a $10,000. stage show- but didn't know the music! The last: well, he was "uncomfortable playing our vintage guitars"!

We do not even require a prospective George to own the right guitars! Our John & Paul have all we need & they want the George to use them! Got some great guys in this band!

Still searching for a George!
If any one hears or knows someone who may qualify have them contact us.
[email protected]
Would appreciate if you all could pass the word. Thank you!