This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#1944 by Guest
Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:09 pm
Hi all:>) Jonny rocker here.....been meaning to post this, so here goes. Tell everyone what guitar you like/play..or tell us about you guitar collection.
I play a PRS santana III.

#2019 by Mr. Lucky Bones
Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:46 pm
:lol: Hi Johnny. I sold all my electric guitars and amps. But I have a 1951 Kay, 1970 Ventura, 1979 Epiphone and 2006 Cort Custom. Long live Bluegrass. and moon shine.

#2022 by Guest
Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:34 pm
Long live Bluegrass. and moon shine

I second that! 73 fender jazz bass, les paul, taylor acoustic, fender acoustic bass, POS FENDER BANJO, guild acoustic, amercan strat, Satra somebody signature ibanez(can't spell his name) and a soon to be candy tin banjo and cigar box giutar.

#2023 by FlyMolo
Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:27 pm
Here's my current collection:

Washburn WI-68 Idol (an '06 Winter NAMM Guitar)
Washburn WI-68 Idol (Bridge pup was replaced to a Dimebucker)
Washburn PI-70 Pilsen Idol
Washburn WI-66 BSG Fallen Idol
Washburn WI-66 BSG Elite Idol
Epiphone Les Paul Std w/ Gibson Burstbuckers
Epiphone Les Paul Classic w/ Gibson Burstbuckers
Schecter 007 Elite

Here's a pic of my NAMM Idol, and my 2 Boogie Street Idols

The 2 Epi's and the Schecter don't get any play time any more. They just don't stack up to my Washburns. Come September, I'll be adding a US Custom Shop Washburn V. I can't wait to get my hands on it.

If anyone needs a Washburn Custom guitar, visit Boogie Street Guitars!
http://www.boogiestreet.com

#2030 by Guest
Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:29 am
Hey thanks for the posts everyone Fly/catnap &
BR....i got to agree....as the old song goes...and white Lightning is the biggest thrill of all... :D ..cept maybe BG.

#2037 by Muddy Ground
Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:34 pm
Gibson Les Paul Studio, Taylor 310ce, good uns there!

#2050 by SOFNWHAT
Fri Aug 11, 2006 11:34 am
My main guitar for songs in Eb is a 98 ESP Custom Explorer(EMG60N-EMG81B), back ups are a late 80's Charvel Model 6(24 frets, neck-through, S-S-H Jackson active PU's), 86 Gibson Explorer(Dirty FingersN-Dimarzio Super Dist.B), a Frankenstien V that I put together with Dirty Fingers in the neck- Dimarzio X2N in the bridge-Fishman Powerbridge(great acoustic tone).
For songs in Db my main guitar is an 84 Gibson Flying V(old white EMG with raised logo in the neck-EMG81B), stock 99 Gibson Gothic Flying V as back up.
Charvel acoustic/electric 6 and 12 string, and a Washburn D10 which was my 1st guitar.

#2055 by Guest
Fri Aug 11, 2006 3:55 pm
D28 Martin.
A tele copy thru a little Crate tube amp.
Chandler Lap steel.
Regal Squareneck Resonator Guitar
A coupla 5 strings, 2 inexpensive mandolins, and an old fiddle.

#2079 by Bluesguitargrl
Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:18 pm
Ibanez Artcore hollowbody(Joe Pass style) with humbuckers and a floating bridge(pain in the ass changing strings) I play it with a line 6 spider 2... the amp has a good range of sounds, and the guitar was a gift from a devoted fan. Best gift I ever got... I used to have a small collection of guitars, but one by one tthey got stolen, I also have a crappy old accoustic I used to play, but now it's just my beach guitar. I played a 12 string Washburn for a while... loved that guitar... till some idiot stole it, and from what I hear sold it for drugs (sad). I also play an old set of Ruether drums (wait you said guitars didn't you? sorry wrong window... drive throught please)... anyway... they're fun anyway, actually I'm looking for some musicians to play drums with so if there's anyone near me looking for a drummer (jazz trained, but loves to rock and funk too) let me know. (Shameless plug-sorry)

#2201 by RocknMike
Sun Aug 20, 2006 2:30 pm
I play a Custom designed Washburn C310 , and a Custom designed Ibanez both customized to my specks both have 2 pickups washburn has one humbucker and one semore duncan in each pickup, and Ibanez has 2 humbucker in one pickup and 1 humbucker and 1 semore duncan in the other they sound like a Paul and a Strat at the same time. I've played all types of Les Pauls and Strat's none sound as good as either of these.

#2267 by Blashyrk
Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:31 pm
b.cc rich KKV. the tuners really sucked so i installed Grover auto-locking tuners which are REALLY good. graphite nut. Sent it to a luthier to have a Kahler Flyer installed which are the best tremolos. and Dimarzio X2N in the bridge, though I'm thinking of getting an Air Norton in the neck position. I really really dont like that tribal paintjob, soon im to change the paint to a matte black colour.

#2269 by Guest
Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:31 am
1971 Strat, 1972 Les Paul Deluxe. early 70's Marshall 100 watt head with aftermarket master installed. 2- 4x12 cabinets. Mesa Boogie 50 caliber 1x12 for the smaller gigs.
#2425 by Guest
Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:33 am
my main guitar is a krammer 24 fret maple bolt screemin blade pickups (quad rails) with a floyd rose also have 68 custom triple humbucker sg with bigsby also yamaha sgb (sg) copy strait giutar with dimarzios an just bought the dean from hell guitar about 2 weeks ago i can definitly see why dime liked the ml body its one of the most easy handling guitars ive ever played its all mahogany including the set neck and the b. larence 500 pickup is awsom oh yea my krammer is a liscenced explorer copy its also mahogany and alot more to carry its gets pretty heavy some times my next experement im thinking randall amps ive herd some pretty good things about them

#2428 by Hink
Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:54 am
my main ax is a warmoth strat with a hardtail I built years ago, I use EMGs and wire the 5 way funky bridge>bridge+neck.neck>neck + middle>middle...the middle is a stock strat single coil

you cann see next to it my acoustic...I als have an esp with emgs with a 24 fret neck ( I keep that to tuned open Gm to extend it's low end) and a kramer ritchie sambora with duncans, that stays tuned to Am (EAEACE)

My amp choices are large...a boogie 60/100 watt head or a rack rig consisting of a marshall tube pre, fx and a 400 watt power amp and 4x12 with vintage celestions...for recording I use a POD XT LIVE, POD 2.0 or a Sansamp GT2

#2431 by Guest
Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:28 am
yea im playing thru behringer gmx combos with aby setup the modles arepretty good but i usuly go for the marshall sound that set up gives me 4 channells ican preset efects wise the only complaint i have im not getting the bottom thump im realy wantin the only way ican get that sound ismixing in thru my board i have 3 keyboard amps iuse for vocals and monitors with 15 subs 5 mid & piso ijust have watch not to cover up the singin its a bitch get everything sounding good and then you gotta sing a lot harder to cut thru - the only thing that worries me about using the monitors like that ive been told when put mains out for house thesound from stage will get muddy in otherwords an eq nightmare i hate to think about that rta pink noise all that crap thats why im thinkin about randall of course then ill have to deal with stomp boxes i guess you cant have it both ways unless you could have your own personel sondman