This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#199223 by Ryan_Strain
Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:06 am
Merry Christmas, everybody. It's been a LONG time since I've been on this forum, and most of you probably have no idea who I am. For a long time, I was the only metal-head on this site and didn't really fit in very well, but I made a few friends. I usually sing/scream/growl all that metal stuff that nobody really cares about around here, but for Christmas, I sang my Dad's favorite song during this season and dedicated it to him...Keep in mind I usually sing heavy stuff, so don't be cruel ;)

http://youtu.be/_14gf25bdM8

Thanks for watching!

#199237 by J-HALEY
Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 pm
Very nice Ryan! That put me in the Christmas spirit at 6am with my coffee on Christmas Eve morning! Its been hard to get in the spirit after the Newtown Massacre but that helped thanks for posting it. Merry Christmas to you TOO!

#199242 by TamsNumber4
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:05 pm
I love this song covered by Clay Aiken, he really blows a crowd away with this one.

I think you did a great job, I really enjoyed it, nice use of harmonies on that high part, it really worked well. I think you softened your voice to great effect.

Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas!

Tammy

#199247 by Mike Nobody
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:37 pm
J-HALEY wrote:Very nice Ryan! That put me in the Christmas spirit at 6am with my coffee on Christmas Eve morning! Its been hard to get in the spirit after the Newtown Massacre but that helped thanks for posting it. Merry Christmas to you TOO!

The Night Santa Went Crazy
http://youtu.be/4fiwPDd0Jyo

#199259 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:17 pm
lol

I was thinking it..

#199328 by Ryan_Strain
Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:57 am
Well, thanks to the 2 people who actually cared, and thanks to Mike for making the thread about him. lol. NOT EVEN MAD.

I keep sending this track to Paul hoping for a review like he usually does for me, but I can't seem to get him to say anything about it. Odd.

#199329 by neanderpaul
Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:08 am
It's coming Ryan. It's Christmas. I'm pulling Santa duty at the moment. Tons of family times, sang at a funeral the other day, have recorded 4 new songs in the past month. I've posted them all. Singing at a wedding Saturday. Just busy. Will get to it. Feel free to critique any of my recent work.

#199330 by Ryan_Strain
Tue Dec 25, 2012 4:46 am
neanderpaul wrote:It's coming Ryan. It's Christmas. I'm pulling Santa duty at the moment. Tons of family times, sang at a funeral the other day, have recorded 4 new songs in the past month. I've posted them all. Singing at a wedding Saturday. Just busy. Will get to it. Feel free to critique any of my recent work.

Fair enough. I forget that other people actually have things to do for Christmas, unlike I, who is spending Christmas alone for the first time :(

#199331 by PaperDog
Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:32 am
Ryan_Strain wrote:
neanderpaul wrote:It's coming Ryan. It's Christmas. I'm pulling Santa duty at the moment. Tons of family times, sang at a funeral the other day, have recorded 4 new songs in the past month. I've posted them all. Singing at a wedding Saturday. Just busy. Will get to it. Feel free to critique any of my recent work.

Fair enough. I forget that other people actually have things to do for Christmas, unlike I, who is spending Christmas alone for the first time :(

Christmas Alone!.. I know that feeling. There's a song somewhere in there.... :wink: Try not to let lonliness overtake. The only thing dying is the paradigm we get used to. There Nothing on earth to say were not allowed to be alone. Merry Christmas anyhow... Your alive, youre healthy, you got everything you need. The rest is bonus.

#199335 by 1collaborator
Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:14 am
I thought you done a wonderfull job on a great song... But then I can't remember hearing anything bad over the
last 4-5 years..Being able to step in and out of a comfort zone like Paul is definately not an easy thing to do and we got a chance to hear that great voice .... More please !!!

#199336 by 1collaborator
Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:16 am
Oh and Merry Christmas to everyone .. May the light brighten your world...

#199369 by Ryan_Strain
Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:55 pm
Thanks. everybody. Merry Christmas to all of you, even if it offends you :}

#199371 by gbheil
Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:03 pm
Merry Christmas Ryan.

Beautifully done. Chills . . .

Thank you. Good to hear from you.

God's blessings be to you and yours this season, and the rest.

I'd like to invite you to our band page on Facebook if you've not been there:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jericho- ... 3336497981

And to check out our Video release on YouTube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi2C3PATcmQ