This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#199211 by Mike Nobody
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:17 am
GLENNY J wrote:POSTED 12 20 12 under gun haters page 6
KRAMERGUY,,,

Yeah, I'm saying it like it is, you guys are seriously f**k up in the head. Who gives a sh1t what the founding fathers think..? they framed the laws knowing that times would change, which is exactly why congress has the ability to make and change laws. The constitution is severely outdated, and I personally would vote yes to a new one. We're one of the few countries in the world without a modern constitution, and also one of the few who have never re-written one to keep up with the times. We're obviously too stupid to believe any other country can do anything better than us, so we refuse to learn from anyone, and keep making the same stubborn and dumb mistakes.

Don't get a BB gun Kramer,,,,,, You'll shot your eye out!

I don't get why he thinks a new constitution would be an improvement over the one we've got.
It is DESIGNED to change with the times.
It is SUPPOSED to be adaptable to changes in society.
But, it is also VERY HARD to make any changes.
Which is a good thing.
Otherwise, every dumb idea that comes along would be in there, like prohibition was.

I mean, what the Hell does he WANT?
What is in another constitution that he wants in ours?
If he wants it that bad, start lobbying congressmen.

#199212 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:31 am
Mike you are coming up with some good thinking, and logic and truth.
KUDOS!

#199228 by PaperDog
Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:48 am
Mike Nobody wrote:
PaperDog wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Children are ready for the truth when they start asking about a subject.

When kids ask where babies come from you don't tell them the stork, you tell them that mommies and daddies make babies when they love each other.

When they ask about mass killings of children in a school you don't tell them it's because the principal didn't have a gun, you tell them that a sick man did it.

The real truth is to tell them is that many "mommies and daddies" make babies even when they don't love each other... and often, in such cases, those babies are called 'fetuses' and generally get thrown in the trash before they become babies.

Then the follow up to that would be... The sick person who shot all those kids in school basically took heir lives because he had a gun and 'could'

:roll:
ABORTION, ABORTION, ABORTION...
Don't you people think of anything else?

"sigh"

Actually, there is a scene in the horror thriller "Pin" that shows exactly the way parents SHOULD talk about procreation with their kids.

The mom caught the kids with a swiped Playboy from their friend's house.
So, the dad, a doctor, uses a medical dummy to explain that children's bodies change during puberty to prepare them to become mommies & daddies.
He then explains the mechanics of it without being vulgar or gross or juvenile.
He treats his kids like intelligent people and doesn't talk DOWN to them.

"Pin" is a pretty good, underrated, movie.

Well I was just pointing out part of the truth that was omittted... But the real point want about abortion, it was about preparing children for certain realities. I have said before: We dismiss monsters as fiction, but to children and animals, monster are very real... We are the monsters. Last week, a monster gunned down children. If my kids were to ask me why...I'd have to resort to this metaphor... and simply explain that the gunman was a Monster.

#199244 by Kramerguy
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:26 pm
GLENNY J wrote:
Kramerguy wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:You just scared the crap out of kramerguy.
He doesn't have a clue.

Well glen.. how would you expect me to respond to that?

I guess I could take the jesus approach and turn the cheek.. But wait, I'm not christian.

I guess I could return fire, but that's way too easy.

Guess I just did.

ASSHOLE,after your last post basically calling for the overthrow of the government because you believe the constitution is outdated,,,, The only reason you are protected is because I am CHRISTIAN, AND THE WHOLE CONSTITUTION IS BASED ON CHRISTIAN AND JEWISH SOCIETAL VALUES.

Return fire, you couldn't shoot your way out of a used condom!

You are another liberal traitor to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

You said it, and posted yourself!!!!!!!

man you are delusional lol.. calling for a re-write of the constitution is NOT calling for overthrowing the gov't.. it's actually written in the constitution under the 2nd amendment, you know, the one YOU hold so dearly to your heart.

If you knew ANYTHING about world history, you would find that many countries in the last 75 years have rewritten outdated constitutions, without revolution as a matter of political will and necessity.

I've done nothing but argue for the betterment of this country since the day I could speak, and I'd argue that people like YOU, who support open violence and intolerance are the real traitors in this country.

I'd bet the farm that you have never read up on US history. How about "a peoples history of the united states"? Everything in that book was taken from real, historical documents (not reports or heresay) from the library of congress, and has been peer-reviewed. Go get an education and then discuss world and state politics.

Seriously, you have the intellectual capacity of a 5th grade dropout, and you only know how to respond with anger, which brings me to my next point.... Yes, you are seriously F'd up in the head, prone to violence, and the last person in the country who should own a gun. Hell, I'd personally be hesitant to give you a drivers license based on your inability to logically think.

Screw off.

#199245 by Starfish Scott
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm
"wOw Dec 2012 is chaotic".

#199248 by Kramerguy
Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 pm
Mike Nobody wrote:
KRAMERGUY,,,

Yeah, I'm saying it like it is, you guys are seriously f**k up in the head. Who gives a sh1t what the founding fathers think..? they framed the laws knowing that times would change, which is exactly why congress has the ability to make and change laws. The constitution is severely outdated, and I personally would vote yes to a new one. We're one of the few countries in the world without a modern constitution, and also one of the few who have never re-written one to keep up with the times. We're obviously too stupid to believe any other country can do anything better than us, so we refuse to learn from anyone, and keep making the same stubborn and dumb mistakes.

I don't get why he thinks a new constitution would be an improvement over the one we've got.
Which is a good thing.
Otherwise, every dumb idea that comes along would be in there, like prohibition was.

Mike, I merely suggest rewriting it only to bring the language up to date, as well as more clearly define the balance of power- as it's obvious that the balance has been circumvented with the current rules- The SCOTUS is clearly corrupt, the POTUS has no executive hurdles anymore, and congress can't get anything done because of fillibusters and infighting.

Many of the original 10 amendments have been turned on their heads and defined to mean exactly the opposite of their intention because of "loose interpretation", and the sick part is that everyone knows it, and is apathetic to it. Our entire government has been corrupted by money and powerful lobbies. We need to update the balance of power to circumvent that vacuum as well as redefine the power of the constitution.

Have you noticed that currently almost half of the first 10 amendments (aka bill of rights) have been violated by executive orders or "acts" like the patriot act? A new constitution needs to clearly spell out that amendments cannot be overwritten by one executive, or a single act.

The problem is that they built it to grow based on what they knew then. Do you think they would have written it the same way today, if they saw what we see? We all know they wouldn't have. There were things that were predictable, and things that were not. I'm arguing that the things that were not have overcome the spirit of the document, and have rendered it mostly a joke.

If you don't think so, go read the bill of rights and think about how many amendments are today clearly violated by legislative efforts, only to be upheld by the supreme court.

#199253 by Mike Nobody
Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:03 pm
Kramerguy wrote:
Mike Nobody wrote:
KRAMERGUY,,,

Which is a good thing.

Mike, I merely suggest rewriting it only to bring the language up to date, as well as more clearly define the balance of power- as it's obvious that the balance has been circumvented with the current rules- The SCOTUS is clearly corrupt, the POTUS has no executive hurdles anymore, and congress can't get anything done because of fillibusters and infighting.

Many of the original 10 amendments have been turned on their heads and defined to mean exactly the opposite of their intention because of "loose interpretation", and the sick part is that everyone knows it, and is apathetic to it. Our entire government has been corrupted by money and powerful lobbies. We need to update the balance of power to circumvent that vacuum as well as redefine the power of the constitution.

Have you noticed that currently almost half of the first 10 amendments (aka bill of rights) have been violated by executive orders or "acts" like the patriot act? A new constitution needs to clearly spell out that amendments cannot be overwritten by one executive, or a single act.

The problem is that they built it to grow based on what they knew then. Do you think they would have written it the same way today, if they saw what we see? We all know they wouldn't have. There were things that were predictable, and things that were not. I'm arguing that the things that were not have overcome the spirit of the document, and have rendered it mostly a joke.

If you don't think so, go read the bill of rights and think about how many amendments are today clearly violated by legislative efforts, only to be upheld by the supreme court.

You're preaching to the choir about the unconstitutionality of our government.
They are disregarding the constitution, blatantly.
Changing it or replacing it won't change that.
Writing a law to "obey the law" is kinda redundant.
Nixon must be spinning in his grave.
At this point, only a mass revolt would change the direction of our corrupted system.
I don't mean anything dumb like overthrowing the government.
I mean people must strike, refuse to work for the system until it changes.
The occupy Wall Street movement is a good start.
But, it needs to grow.

Of course the Founding Fathers would have done things a little differently today.
Like that 3/5ths of a human being thing, for starters.
But, really, for what flaws they had, they wrote a brilliant document for its time.

#199292 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:38 pm
Kramerguy wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:
Kramerguy wrote:
GLENNY J wrote:You just scared the crap out of kramerguy.
He doesn't have a clue.

Well glen.. how would you expect me to respond to that?

I guess I could take the jesus approach and turn the cheek.. But wait, I'm not christian.

I guess I could return fire, but that's way too easy.

Guess I just did.

ASSHOLE,after your last post basically calling for the overthrow of the government because you believe the constitution is outdated,,,, The only reason you are protected is because I am CHRISTIAN, AND THE WHOLE CONSTITUTION IS BASED ON CHRISTIAN AND JEWISH SOCIETAL VALUES.

Return fire, you couldn't shoot your way out of a used condom!

You are another liberal traitor to the UNITED STATES of AMERICA.

You said it, and posted yourself!!!!!!!

man you are delusional lol.. calling for a re-write of the constitution is NOT calling for overthrowing the gov't.. it's actually written in the constitution under the 2nd amendment, you know, the one YOU hold so dearly to your heart.

If you knew ANYTHING about world history, you would find that many countries in the last 75 years have rewritten outdated constitutions, without revolution as a matter of political will and necessity.

I've done nothing but argue for the betterment of this country since the day I could speak, and I'd argue that people like YOU, who support open violence and intolerance are the real traitors in this country.

I'd bet the farm that you have never read up on US history. How about "a peoples history of the united states"? Everything in that book was taken from real, historical documents (not reports or heresay) from the library of congress, and has been peer-reviewed. Go get an education and then discuss world and state politics.

Seriously, you have the intellectual capacity of a 5th grade dropout, and you only know how to respond with anger, which brings me to my next point.... Yes, you are seriously F'd up in the head, prone to violence, and the last person in the country who should own a gun. Hell, I'd personally be hesitant to give you a drivers license based on your inability to logically think.

Screw off.

90% of your post is typical liberal insult, attack, the other 10% is to try and shift the logic because you have nothing else. YOU WROTE IT. Instead of going on the attack,,,, defend your own words first.

MERRY CHRISTMAS any way Kramer.

#199313 by Slacker G
Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:45 pm
Clueless Children? No. Clueless adults.

#199317 by KLUGMO
Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:47 am
And To All A Good Night :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [/b]

#199337 by 1collaborator
Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:39 am
I agree Slacker.. The United States has lost all common sense . Allowing sick monsters to go untreated and Elderly people starving after working their whole lives. Then 11,000 murders every year with guns ,most over nothing more than a few dollars.. If the parents ,schools, and leaders don't teach some common sense to our kids it will ruin our nation. Teaching them respect and tolerance for other peoples religous beliefs and opinions is even more important.. Gun control wont fix anything .. Only a good education including everything a child needs to understand and grow healthy in a world thats a lot different than it was 40 years ago.....

#199362 by MikeTalbot
Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:43 pm
11,000 murders eh? And most of them occur within the same demographic.

That very demographic that govt decided to 'help' back in the seventies. Net result - no fathers. No role models. No morals. Add in an insane 'war on drugs' that offers the 'lure of easy money' and you have neighborhoods where hearing shots fired at night barely draws any attention at all...

i realize we're not supposed to talk about that. However, the use of the term 'we' is not working any more. I am not them. I refuse to be penalized for their misdeeds or assume any of the guilt for those deeds.

And since they are shooting up their neighborhoods isn't it prudent to assume that at some point they will start shooting up ours? Oh - I have a great idea - let's all disarm...

Talbot

#199516 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:11 am
Many of you are writing some great, intelligent, post's.

GO BACK AND READ ALL THE CRAP KRAMERGUY HAS WRITTEN!

Then go back and read all the typical liberal insults he fires off as quickly as as a "bushmaster"

By the way,, I am not impressed with that gun at all. :)

#199537 by gtZip
Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:04 am
Glen. Stop screaming "the British are coming for my donuts!" in response to every political thought or statement here.

Don't be a crazy parrot.

#199539 by Mike Nobody
Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:13 am
gtZip wrote:Glen. Stop screaming "the British are coming for my donuts!" in response to every political thought or statement here.

Don't be a crazy parrot.

He is what he is.