This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#15499 by fisherman bob
Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:43 pm
"Intergalactic Laxative" by Donovan. It's especially fitting for people who are so anal retentive their sh*t turns into a diamond. Later...

#15505 by Irminsul
Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:52 pm
Wow. That's some heavy duty colonic pressure.

#15581 by jw123
Fri Nov 16, 2007 2:12 pm
I want to say thanks for this post. I went back and rediscovered the group Badfinger because of this. Ive recorded Without You and once I get it finished maybe I'll be "brave" enough to post it on my player.

I forgot but Badfinger had a bunch of great hits that still sound good to me.

JW

PS That might be a good exercise for everyone on here to record their favorite song and let everyone listen, just for fun.

#15584 by jimmydanger
Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:15 pm
Badfinger brings back lots of memories. I recorded an instrumental version ala Eric Johnson of "No Matter What", I'll see if I can add it to my player later.

#15585 by jw123
Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:05 pm
Jimmy,

I like your cover of Whiter Shade Of Pale. Ive always liked that song. Are you micing your guitar or going direct? It sounds really crisp to me. I need to work on getting a good acoustic tone on my recordings. If you are using a mic what are you using?

JW

#15586 by jimmydanger
Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:43 pm
Hey JW, thanks for listening. I record at a professional studio that my friend owns. He uses two mics, one pointed at the back of the sound hole and one where the neck meets the body. He uses some very expensive German mics that I can't remember the name of right now.

#18374 by Doug; the drummer
Mon Dec 31, 2007 10:18 pm
lyric wise "imagine" by John Lennon

and shouldn't this be called be song ever written, not wrote

#18441 by jimmydanger
Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:23 pm
Yes, but shouldn't your sentences be capitalized and punctuated? Regardless the message is more important than the medium.

#18446 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:09 am
Doug, you are right, it is not grammatically accurate, but at least we understand the message, that is all that matters right now. Trust me, I am big on grammar, but at least we can still reply to the thread. I have seen some people with such bad grammar I cannot even interpret what they are saying, let alone reply.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#18457 by Vizion12
Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:18 am
Ultraviolet (Light My Way) By U2

#19003 by BLUES and JAZZ SINGER
Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:48 pm
:D
I have been a singer for over 30 years and I have always thought that "OVER THE RAINBOW "was one of the most beautiful songs ever written. To me anyway! Maybe because it touches my emotions and has always been like a story of my life. I believe the emotions in the song will reflect on all of us at one time or another.

And as for these days,and for the same reasons as above but mostly for the lyrical genius and truth behind it would be Alanis Morissette's "IRONIC"

And to me one of the most beautiful love songs,would be Stevie Wonder's
"YOU AND I".
Hey I'm a singer so I guess I go for great lyrics.Of course I am into the instrumentation. I would be nowhere without it. But I am lyrically speaking at the moment.

"Something" Is definately a winner in my eyes,also.

In the early 70's I had heard that "Superstar" and "Your Song" were the top 2 songs at the time. 2 great songs of course.
Thanks for letting me share. PLease a a wonderful life.
Hugs,
Rose

#19107 by leeolsen
Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:52 pm
Hands down has to be Layla from Derek and the Dominoes...

#19122 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:46 pm
leeolsen wrote:Hands down has to be Layla from Derek and the Dominoes...

It is a great song, just freaks me out with that quick change in key in the middle. One minute it is this tough sounding song the next it is all sad, lol.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#19131 by RhythmMan
Wed Jan 09, 2008 8:05 pm
I agreee with Layla being a great tune . . .
You can still hear it played, after all these years . . .
And, also 'Over the Rainbow,' which has lasted for - what - 70 years?
I just heard that song sung phenomenally, by the Celtic Woman.
Wow, can those girls sing . . . .