This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#184440 by LobsterMPA
Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:24 pm
there's a lot of folk who have no contact details posted and who aren't full members - bit of a waste of time in that respect. Why post your details if you can't be contacted?

Having said that I have had a three or four contacts and almost started a band, so worth persevering...

#184449 by PaperDog
Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:47 pm
LobsterMPA wrote:there's a lot of folk who have no contact details posted and who aren't full members - bit of a waste of time in that respect. Why post your details if you can't be contacted?

Having said that I have had a three or four contacts and almost started a band, so worth persevering...

I think the assumption is that if they are paying on the account, and you are paying on the account, you'll simply email them directly through the account... A whole lotta accounting if you ask me...

#184576 by GuitarMikeB
Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:06 pm
I haven't had any luck finidng any band/partner yet through this place, but have had success finding someone to collaborate on songs with - Ms Tammy. We're working on our first song together now, all done remotely.

#184887 by Anthony burdge
Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:53 am
Well ive been a member for a while now,but until the other day i decided to upgrade my account in the hope i would be more recognized.I had a few enquires to start with before my upgrade but time will tell,it all depends on the people that look.

#186670 by allan85396
Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:59 am
JJD66 wrote:
LivinJoke84 wrote:I suppose its a bit easier for drummer/bassists to find people. Every man and his dog plays guitar so their not in demand as much

It's more like every man and his dog HAS a guitar. In my experience precious few can play to any degree.

I agree with what you say

#190615 by Rail Music Recording
Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:34 pm
FANCY the chance to record your own music, in a professional recording studio with professional help for free?

----------------------------TWO HOURS FREE SESSION RECORDING-----------------------------------

That’s the opportunity being offered by Rail Music Recording who is looking for London acts interested in recording their demo.

Entrants can record original or music cover.

A professional Sound Engineer will follow your session through the final mastering.

If you are interested in grabbing a place for a free recording session simply email, name of the act or band, names and ages of members, a contact name, telephone number and email address, previous musical experience and musical style of the act.

We are looking forwards to hearing from you.

Rail Music Recording

#200686 by TARIFF
Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:13 pm
Weve had a good few drummers contact us from this site, most of them have been not what we wanted but we eventually did get out current drummer from here.

Weve had hardly any luck with Keys players tho..seem rare as rockin horse shite...

And female backing vocals...nightmare...most of them dont even have a vocal sample, so you get in touch, they send you some dodgy recording, then you have to say no...really would be alot easier if they had put up a sample in the first place.

Overall tho, this seems to be best place to try and get group members, at the moment...
#220640 by Squirrel in the Oak
Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:17 pm
I've not been contacted, but I've sent out feelers on this site. Nothing yet though, maybe everyone already has their singers.....

#220646 by gbheil
Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:28 pm
:shock: . . . I have a post on here from 2007 . . . :lol:

Seriously, it can be done, I'm proof. 8)

#221151 by Puddleglum
Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:11 pm
Don't know yet but unless you pay it is advisable that you put a contact number outside of the site so that peope can get in touch with you, unless you pay you can't contact on site, which is a shame because there would be most success's if you could.

#222138 by Ms Betty Ponder
Fri Sep 13, 2013 9:50 am
@MarcPollittLeeds_Yes, I've gotten may inquiries and did audition a few.
#271515 by DonTregartha
Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:30 am
Answer: Yes - I met the guys in my current band on here and I have had other offers/interest.

As a regular browser of the members - it seems there are a lot of folks who stick a blank profile up, with no info, no mention of what they are looking for or what they are interested in. 50 year old blues gutarists abound in my area, but you'd struggle to see a blues band live!

Also PUT A TRACK UP!! If you really are a musician, let's hear your stuff.
Rant over.
#274054 by The Backbeat
Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:51 pm
No

But then again I didn't expect to.Facebook has good dep musician pages for every region of the UK,much more chance of getting something out of those.