This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of Canada.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#17245 by Guitaranatomy
Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:07 pm
FastFret wrote:I'm not worried about it, that was just something that had crossed my mind yesterday....

I will post something eventually..

We're looking into one of those Zoom portables.. Look kinda cool.. Or a laptop with some software.

Not trying to hide anything and I'm not worried about negative opinions either, I would expect more negative because our music is heavy, not for everyone.

I listen to heavy music. But when you get those audio files up let us all know. I look forward to hearing it.

#17643 by Shima
Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:04 am
bah since it,s the good place for post it at the same time...like I said I dont have a pc (for now kekeke ok I shut my mouthXD)

so I would want to know from you guys wich kind of register kit I could buy?? I mean a sound card or you have something else? wich is the better way to be able to put 5 instruments when they dont are at the same please?(some in montreal,one in quebec et the last one in Nouveau brunswick?yeah yeah regroupment status for JuuSan Tsuki band-.-) I am only there for learn for be able to realize my dream so guys...thanks for the help! :D
#17981 by Woodwind Wizard
Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:25 am
I'm not sure about sound clips never done it before I have three I could use there is even a video clip of me at a live jam . I don't have a clue how to transfer the data.It's on a cd and a DVD

#17982 by Irminsul
Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:30 am
Eugene we have covered, on several thread topics here, exactly how to do that with free software found on the net, and your own computer. I would search the topics here and find it, as its valuable information and I sure that you will be astounded how affordable and easy it is.

#18047 by HowlinJ
Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:02 am
I'm "just learning" about this analog to digital noise transfer stuff myself.
Can't wait to assult everyones ears....HOOOOOOWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLin

#18960 by thunder_sticks
Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:49 am
Back to the original topic of this post. I don't have sound bytes up because I have always played in cover bands that have done very little writing. I don't own the rights to any of the music that I have recorded. I have many many hours of gigs and rehearsals recorded to use as a tool for improvement. I just didn't think it was within my rights to post up versions of songs that are not public domain. I certainly would sent mp3's of what I can play to anyone that would be interesting in talking music. I just don't think I should be posting other artists original music as played by my previous bands.

Rock on,

James

#19158 by Ripper
Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:16 am
I have an mp3 on here of me covering finger eleven's song. But it is me playing & singing it. And whether its my song or not I own the rights of that mp3 because it is my cover. When posting a video or mp3 of a song you do not have to be the original artist to have the rights to post it. That is what You Tube is all about. It's when people post a a finger eleven original tune and claim it to be theirs, that's when your breaking the law. So post away dude.

Peace
Ripper

#19211 by HowlinJ
Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 pm
There has been a lot of good points brought up on this thread about "Lack Of Audio Syndrome".

My theory is that some people simply lack tne computer skills that others take for granted. It has taken me a month to get " hooked up" for sound.
A few weeks ago I had no knowlage of such things as Audicy,Lame,or M.P.3 compression. Once you mastered something it "seems easy". I would suggest to Band Mix that they post a "sticky" offering instruction to the "computer challanged".

#25258 by D
Wed Mar 12, 2008 8:01 pm
How about the fact that even if you do post your information, audio, etc up on this site there is little to no activity. If you don't want to pay the 10 bucks a month to talk through this website, then at least put yer email addy in your bio...it's not uncommon, I've seen it in a lot of bios. But honestly it feels like no one really wants to bother...I see a billion people wanting to be in a band that have similar tastes...

I can't find a metal bassist...or singer... it's like impossible...I have a band together that is finally writing good music and it's IMPOSSIBLE to find a bass player or singer on any forum that is around to play music...it's depressing...

#25301 by neanderpaul
Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:02 am
Ripper wrote:I have an mp3 on here of me covering finger eleven's song. But it is me playing & singing it. And whether its my song or not I own the rights of that mp3 because it is my cover. When posting a video or mp3 of a song you do not have to be the original artist to have the rights to post it. That is what You Tube is all about. It's when people post a a finger eleven original tune and claim it to be theirs, that's when your breaking the law. So post away dude.

Peace
Ripper

And it sounds good.

#26155 by scotch2002
Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:23 pm
Our last band got kicked off of My Space for uploading our recorded cover tunes. They didn't even warn us or indicate why we were deleted but I found out later that was why.

Where is the line? It seems kind of blurred to me. I would like to write my own stuff but never have. I do covers. I also record, mix & master but I don't know what I am allowed to post.

I guess I'll have to read the fine print. :?:
#26278 by koolmom78
Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:55 pm
johnnya wrote:yea maybe seperate areas for beginners, for pictures, and so forth, the main area would be for those who have pic, mp3, video or like you said something to work with.

ITA! As a newbie to this site I have been flipping thru the topics and this one I find interesting ;)

I am a 29 y/o singer with little professional training but been performing since I was young in various venues. There was another point raised by - claude - in which I feel someone like myself would fit:

"In the end it depends on what you're looking for, if you're looking for a professional musician to tour with I agree that you can pobably ignore those without music samples. But that doesn't mean that those without clips are lesser musicians, they're just looking for something different. "

I don't want professional musicians looking to tour (for example)contacting me for a few reasons. First, I have a family that I am not willing to leave at this point to pursue a career in the music industry, and also I don't feel I would be material that they would need in order for them to pursue their career in the music industry, kwim? So, I personally like to keep my profile basic so that it is not misleading in any way.

Now with that being said, I sure know what you're getting at with the posers n' flakes! I just had a jam with a guitar player/songwriter that was beyond disapointing (to be nice), and seems to have caused me the loss of a bass player *sigh* So, definately the seperate areas for differing levels of musicianship would be an efficient way to make searching easier & weed out the "big talkers"...and also will probably force some of us who want to take our music futher to get serious about making audio files ;)

My two cents... :) koolmom

#27465 by CaptnWar
Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:58 pm
wooh! I am finally not one of those people.
It may be a garageband version of what I play, but at least it is better than nothing. Sorry people I don't have a mic or mixer.

#29422 by Jay Manzarek
Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:53 pm
Points taken. I guess there is no excuse for a keyboard, the 'cost' is only a few dollars for a splitter to run rca cable to computer input. Sure I must have one around here, somewhere. Recorded myself on 8mm video tape once using direct input and the sound quality was amazingly good, so I'll have to throw something together.
However, everyone is not a 'professional' musician and I would speculate that most, like me, just want to play in a band because, well because it's fun. I will never be Gershwin, or Krall, or Keith Emerson, and that's okay since I have no delusions about being a 'rock star' or aspirations to be a 'virtuoso'.
The biggest problem with bands, from my admittedly limited experience, is the giant egos on some people.

But thanks for the tips...

#29423 by gbheil
Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:41 pm
I still feel if you want to get any "action" out of this site its better with some music posted. I also devive a great deal of entertainment listining to the various artist on the forum. I built my band thru Bandmix at the time I had nothing posted. But I recently got a "hit" for a possable side project. And I feel having music posted helped. I intend to ask when I meet with them.