This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#177726 by Viper-6
Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:22 pm
Whats wrong with the local musicians? You contact them they say they are looking to play and need members but then you never hear from them. I am very good at what I do and have pro gear. But I've noticed if you haven't played with one of the members in the band they don't want to even try you out. This is bullshit! If you don't want to try me out fine I can live with it. At least have the common courtesy to let me or other musicians know. I have better things to do than wait on people to make a decision.
#177761 by JCP61
Sun Jul 08, 2012 8:35 pm
Viper-6 wrote:I have better things to do than wait on people to make a decision.

I think I would just go ahead and do those things.

#178256 by Viper-6
Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:50 pm
Believe me I am doing other things. I will not waste my time waiting on people! I have a very successful studio to run.

#178267 by GuitarMikeB
Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:29 pm
There are so many people out there who *think* they are talented that many won't listen to anyone they can't "pre-audition". I have no doubt that if I hadn't had music posted on reverbnation that the band I joined would not have contacted me.

#178269 by jw123
Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:32 pm
Ive been playing off and on for close to 40 years and I have found that when I mention a band name or two that Ive played in thru the years it tended to open doors for me to step thru and play.

Just goes to show you that a personal reference is about as good as it gets.

I think its like this everywhere, not just where you are.

Good Luck