This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#17563 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:41 pm
Eh... They had a couple of good songs. Personally, I could live without them. Lol.

#17567 by JJW III
Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:02 pm
Couldn't name one tune they do.

#17571 by Gi
Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:13 pm
no offense, but i have to be honest. i hate Fallout Boy. i think that guy's vocals are irritating. has he finished going through puberty, yet?

their music is generic. i dont get anything from it- i dont sense 'feeling' there, whether its anger, joy, lust, or whatever.

im not saying every damn song created must be a masterpiece. but from what ive heard, i will predict Fallout Boy will be history by 2008.

im not busting you-- i give praise as much as i criticize, especially on youtube.com (the brittany fans i think still have a price on my head).
music is objective. im sure people HATE the bands i like.

the politically correct, short version of this: i dont really get into them.

#17574 by Guitaranatomy
Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:26 pm
...(the brittany fans i think still have a price on my head).
music is objective. im sure people HATE the bands i like.

Lmao! Still out to get you, huh? Yeah, God forbid you insult some of these singers and bands. I have been to many Metallica and Megadeth things, they kill each other.

Person 1: "Mustaine sucks!"
Person 2: "Screw you, you crappy ********"
Person 3: "Hammett is sh*t!"
Person 4: "Marty Friedman is a bastar*"

It can get pretty bad man, lol. I hate it. It is not worth that kind of battling over, they are just bands.

#17580 by Irminsul
Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:00 pm
I've never even heard of Fall Out Boy.

#17718 by neanderpaul
Fri Dec 21, 2007 7:32 am
eeek! candy, major lollipop melodies, no substance. they have one good element. On "thanks for the memories" the harmonies climax on the word "sweeter" is pretty decent. The rest is annoying.

#17720 by Crip2Nite
Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:27 am
Welll... one thing's for sure... They're certainly doing a whole helluva lot better than the majority of us are in the music biz... :roll:

#17721 by Irminsul
Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:20 am
Crip2Nite wrote:Welll... one thing's for sure... They're certainly doing a whole helluva lot better than the majority of us are in the music biz... :roll:

You don't know that. Pennywise was doing really great too, when one day their bass player took a revolver to his belly and shot himself to death. Life's a mystery.

#17722 by Crip2Nite
Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:24 am
:shock: Yikes..... then I stand corrected... :oops:

#17736 by neanderpaul
Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:01 pm
Crip2Nite wrote:Welll... one thing's for sure... They're certainly doing a whole helluva lot better than the majority of us are in the music biz... :roll:

Better in the business is relative. I think Elvis Costello does/did way better in the business than The backstreet boys. He maintained his credibility and still made a living. Huge career if you count the decades. The backstreet boys had a huge commercial pop and fizzle and mostly teenage girls were their market. On a smaller level some of us derive great artistic satisfaction while making little to no money. Then there is Vanilla Ice who made tons of money and hates his life. He says he wouldn't wish it on anyone. It's all in the artists perspective as to what "doing better in the business" is.

#17751 by Irminsul
Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:35 pm
neanderpaul wrote:

Better in the business is relative. I think Elvis Costello does/did way better in the business than The backstreet boys. He maintained his credibility and still made a living..

....AND married a drop dead gorgeous jazz singer/pianist. Elvis got the right idea.

#17755 by neanderpaul
Fri Dec 21, 2007 8:58 pm
^ nice :wink:

wow

#18167 by bandmix.com/falloutfreak
Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:26 pm
Wegman wrote:Couldn't name one tune they do.

umm thnks fr th mmrs
grand theft autumn/where is your boy?
dance, dance
saturday
this aint a scene, ts an arms race
i could name more but hey, ima freak
in and outta bed :wink: