This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#17559 by bandmix.com/falloutfreak
Wed Dec 19, 2007 3:51 pm
hey i got some advice.

first like google a record label and call/e-mail them.
if they like your music, then fly your ass down there and you just might
become famous!! ha
well i got my own band and i think i might need some songwriting advice

#17590 by 420freedom
Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:53 pm
lol,that just stank of sarcasim,but i like it.If your question was seirous personally the best way to put together lyrics is not too think to hard about what your gonna say,just let some random words or phrases flow out first with some rythem then once you find some good timing put some more thought into them.

#17592 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:24 am
Okay, honest opinions huh? Well, alright. I was not fond of any of it personally. You did do a fairly good cover on Santeria though. However, the rest needs work. It might also be that you recorded it on a microphone and there is background noise, that never helps. But you need to use a different distortion I think. What kind of gear are you using, man?

Also, ease up a bit, it sounds like you are striking those strings a bit too hard. I am no master, I am just an apprentice. But yeah, just got to work on that rhythm there a bit, try and get a more solid structure together and develop more fluid tunes.

It is a pain in the neck, I know. Sometimes I get a piece down on guitar and no matter how many times I play it, it sounds like crap or sloppy.

Once more though, I mean no offense, nor do I mean to hurt your feelings so to speak. Just giving honest opinions. Good luck man.

Peace out, GuitarAnatomy.

#17594 by 420freedom
Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:34 am
no offense at all, thats actually spot on for what i was looken for.Currently i'm recording the drums and my 10wt amp through the mic at the same time,which sucks ass,being in a small space i was unsure on how to get so so quality with that touch of raw sound from a mic,or would a mini mixer be worth the bucks?

#17595 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:39 am
I am sure the other guys can answer that question better than I could about the mini mixer versus the microphone. I would suggest the mixer personally, just for some reason it seems easier and I would think sounds better. However, a 10 watt amplifier? That is not that good. Mine is like 8 watts, I would never record with it. May need a new amplifier, something stronger once you feel you are ready for one.

Do you do just down strokes when you strum chords? I do not know how I did it, but I somehow adapted to an up and down stroke over any chord I play (Usually that is, some songs I cannot do this on or do not to get the right sound).

A metronome may help you. I sure should get one, it would probably help me too.

#17597 by 420freedom
Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:51 am
lol, not all the time.I think when the gain control is on 10 with the volume at 2 while recording,i think it blurrs the strumming patterens or something,but right now i play worth $150 bucks so when i get better i defently plan on spending more

#17598 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:03 am
Yeah, I know how you feel. I am looking into getting better gear now. I think I am good enough to deserve it now, I practice a ton.

#17600 by 420freedom
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:11 am
i get the feeling your not a fan of the punk rock,so you must play more of the technical form?how long u been playing?

#17601 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:21 am
I do not play punk rock, you are right. Well, I do play Offspring, but that is saying you consider them punk (Some do, some do not). I have been playing for 1 year an 9 months. But, I usually just round it to 2 years and say 2.

I mainly play metal, so it is more technical than punk, depending on the song that is. I play a lot of Metallica, a bit of Megadeth (Not much, just like riffs). I just learned "Bullet With Butterfly Wings" by The Smashing Pumpkins, that is a fun song to play. I work on some classical stuff sometimes. I am very diversified in my learning. My favorite is Middle Eastern, most of the stuff I write has that feel. Some of it has a more dark/gothic feel to it. One piece I wrote a couple months ago was done in Drop B tuning, very creepy sounding.

#17602 by 420freedom
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:28 am
i hear ya, its all about the satisfaction man,drop B you say,can't say i've ever tried that tuning,u lit my curiosity though,lol

#17605 by HowlinJ
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:31 am
Canada Steve,
I hear a blues man in there somewhere. Screw the toys and get your ass out and JAM! Guitaranatomy tells it like it is,But I do believe ya gotta play with REAL PEOPLE! Keep checking your Bandmix profile and HOOK UP!

#17606 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:34 am
Lol. Yeah, HowlinJ is right, try and hook up and jam with someone man, it will help you.

But, Drop B is a neat tuning, just as long as your strings do not fall off, lol.

#17607 by 420freedom
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:39 am
i do love them blues,a man named robbie robertson's one of my dads uncles and i beleave he is a good blues guitarist, so i know its in my blood

#17609 by Guitaranatomy
Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:42 am
Then what are you waiting for, man? Go out there and play some blues. Listen to some B.B. King, Eric Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, that should help your overall guitar playing. Here, go to this website, rocks for blues: http://www.12bar.de. You can learn a ton there. Good luck man.
Last edited by Guitaranatomy on Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.