This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Mics, pre-amps, boards, etc.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#91374 by Southernboy
Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:50 am
I am in dire straights! I need something to record my music that as well records & burns my music. I need a good deal. Does`nt have to be new Just work & well enough to send Demo`s and just even to keep idea`s on. Used to have a four track but tape`s and only 4 tracks eehh. I need atleast 6 tracks cuz Ihave more than just giutars,drums bass vocals. Would like something digi.
Not too sure about this field cuz I`m a percussionist Look`s like I maybe moving up to vocal`s & R.guitars? So I`ll be getting a crash course right quick. Still gonna need something simple to work maybe with an effect or two?
Don`t want to spend a boat load. I`ve got cash or trade from everything from music equipment to Band of Brothers stuff, REAL stuff very valuable!
So anyone out there with something to off load contact me off of my profile page # & email`s on there. Do not mind if it`s a couple yr`s old either be cheaper that way :)
Best regards,
Sb.

#173632 by donald475073
Sat May 19, 2012 12:43 am
I have a Yamaha AW4416 workstation (16 track digi) for sale but it's not a simple machine.

Donald (Illinois)

#173661 by GuitarMikeB
Sat May 19, 2012 12:50 pm
How many tracks do you need to record AT ONE TIME? This makes a big difference on what will work for you. There are digital recorders that will record anywhere from 2 to 16 tracks at one time. You pay more for more tracks. Even the lower ones have virtual tracks (check out specs on the Boss BR800) so you can record up to 64 or more tracks. All of some limitations, of course. Check out the Zoom line.
What's your budget? Depending on that and how many tracks you want to simultaneously want to record, I'd recommend an audio interface and computer recording (I've got a Boss BR600 that now collects dust because the computer offers so much more when recording).
Check out the info at homerecording.com for lots of useful articles and tips.

#173663 by gbheil
Sat May 19, 2012 1:45 pm
I'm using a pair of ZOOM R16 operating in master / slave mode.

It's not inexpensive ... it does not burn. ( I do that with my computer & lightscribe )

But it sounds terrific...

Engineering the ambient sound controls in my mind as a phase two of my project as time / capital allow.

Often Musicians Friend has used items for sale.
In my experience if they say it's in like new condition, they mean just exactly that.
#237769 by DouglasDr
Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:19 pm
The quantity of trails do you need to record FORMERLY? This particular creates a big difference about what is wonderful for people. You'll find digital recorders that will record between only two to of sixteen trails at one time. An individual spend a lot more with regard to a lot more trails. Actually the low versions include digital trails (check available specifications around the Employer BR800) so you can record approximately sixty four or even more trails. Most of a few constraints, certainly. Check out the Glide series.
What is considered your finances? Dependant upon which as well as the number of trails you want to at the same time need to record, I would advocate a good sound user interface as well as personal computer documenting (I've got the Employer BR600 which at this point collects particles as the personal computer offers so much more while recording).
Check out the info in homerecording. com for lots of beneficial articles or blog posts as well as suggestions.

http://www.pass4-sure.info
#293796 by bruce1333502
Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:05 pm
Dave Mackie is a genius. Put out the Digital 8 bus 20 years before the industry could pronounce The word digital.
Used mainly as a side car in film sound because of it's amazing abilities to manipulate a millisecond of sound, put it where you want it and automate it. I believe it has 192 track vertual tracks.
The movie Makers of The Titanic used this board.
10 large when I bought one. I see them as low as $600.00 bucks.
I'm still watching the industry catch up.
It may sound difficult, but it's not.."that's the genius"
Pick-up a Mackie HDR/96. For Penny's on the dollar as well.
NOW you have an amazing with The Sweet analog tone and convenience of the digital world.
Now you can wait and watch the industry catch up as well.

Finally,
Pick up an Alesis Master link. Was 5 large, now around 50 bucks.
This device will complete your pro. studio as there is no other attitude to have.
Do your homework, don't be in a hurry.
Good luck 8)