This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#173258 by jimmydanger
Wed May 16, 2012 12:48 pm
I totally understand what you're saying Jeff, my brother in construction once had a concrete company but he couldn't compete with the cheap Mexican labor. He could have gone to school like the rest of us but he chose to do what he does. The problem is business owners like the cheap labor, so he priced himself out of the market. This is now a service based economy, the days of labor based manufacturing and production are gone. Kids these days MUST have an education or they won't be employable.

I started working in factories after high school, I never intended to go to college because I was going to be a musician (ha ha). After ten years of that life I went back to school, the smartest thing I have ever done. I realized that all I have to rely on is my brain, so I needed to have an educated one.

#173259 by J-HALEY
Wed May 16, 2012 12:55 pm
jimmydanger wrote:I totally understand what you're saying Jeff, my brother in construction once had a concrete company but he couldn't compete with the cheap Mexican labor. He could have gone to school like the rest of us but he chose to do what he does. The problem is business owners like the cheap labor, so he priced himself out of the market. This is now a service based economy, the days of labor based manufacturing and production are gone. Kids these days MUST have an education or they won't be employable.

I started working in factories after high school, I never intended to go to college because I was going to be a musician (ha ha). After ten years of that life I went back to school, the smartest thing I have ever done. I realized that all I have to rely on is my brain, so I needed to have an educated one.

If the illegals were run out of the country from lack of employment more americans would have jobs. IMO not EVERYONE is cut out for college including your's truly. I guess the old saying "if your gonna be dumb you got to be tough" applies here huh! My point is A guy like myself that works and produces JUST AS much as any illegal yet does quality work can go to a construction site and not be hired because my skin isn't brown! Thats not a double standard Huh! :roll:

#173262 by jimmydanger
Wed May 16, 2012 1:07 pm
You won't be hired because you won't work for $9.00 an hour. Americans can't live on that wage, but an immigrant can, and even have enough to send some back home. It's just supply and demand, you really can't blame them for wanting to improve their lives.

The trick is, you need to be the company owner and hire them (the cheap labor), that's the only way you'll be able to take advantage of the situation.

#173269 by J-HALEY
Wed May 16, 2012 1:36 pm
jimmydanger wrote:You won't be hired because you won't work for $9.00 an hour. Americans can't live on that wage, but an immigrant can, and even have enough to send some back home. It's just supply and demand, you really can't blame them for wanting to improve their lives.

The trick is, you need to be the company owner and hire them (the cheap labor), that's the only way you'll be able to take advantage of the situation.

You are 50% right in your comment above. What you are wrong about is they come here and make $12 to $16 an hr. You would be surprized how many teenagers and adults for that matter could survive on that. I have seen all spectrums of illegal workers. The ones that do make $9.00 an hr. don't want to make more because they won't qualify for all the government goodies of which is about 80% of them. I have had them flat out tell me that! The funny thing is they drive $40,000.00 trucks and make $10. an hr. and have 5 or 6 kids. Then there is the other 10% who come here start working for $10. an hr. but quickly realize they can make 50 K a year. Those are the ones that can habla English.

I wouldn't hire a wetback to do ANYTHING! I AIN'T GONNA SELL MY SOUL, MY COUNTRY AND MY CHILDRENS, CHILDRENS FUTURE OUT LIKE THAT!

#173270 by Slacker G
Wed May 16, 2012 1:38 pm
jimmydanger wrote:You won't be hired because you won't work for $9.00 an hour. Americans can't live on that wage, but an immigrant can, and even have enough to send some back home. It's just supply and demand, you really can't blame them for wanting to improve their lives.

Only $9.00 per hour? Does that include the the pretend dependents they claimed to the IRS (Sometimes as many as 6 per family) that cost taxpayers 4 billion dollars last year. It doesn't include their free medical, earned income credits, and it doesn't include the welfare programs they lie to get and a myriad of other benefits that American taxpayers are funding, does it?

#173272 by jimmydanger
Wed May 16, 2012 1:44 pm
Regardless of how you spin it, the bottom line is these guys will work cheaper than the average American will. And many times the quality of their work is better than the American worker. Americans have become lazy and stupid, no wonder we're slipping.

#173274 by J-HALEY
Wed May 16, 2012 1:45 pm
Slacker G wrote:

Only $9.00 per hour? Does that include the the pretend dependents they claimed to the IRS (Sometimes as many as 6 per family) that cost taxpayers 4 billion dollars last year. It doesn't include their free medical, earned income credits, and it doesn't include the welfare programs they lie to get and a myriad of other benefits that American taxpayers are funding, does it?

Slacker gets it! :wink:

#173277 by J-HALEY
Wed May 16, 2012 1:54 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Regardless of how you spin it, the bottom line is these guys will work cheaper than the average American will. And many times the quality of their work is better than the American worker. Americans have become lazy and stupid, no wonder we're slipping.

Your full of SH!T Jimmy! Just continue to sell out your fellow American! I am starting to like you LESS! IMO @ssholes like you are traitor against your own country. You are the typical I have a good life and don't care about the problems it causes (cost) for me to get my cheap sh!t! Trust me with your attitude it's already costing YOU TAX dollars Mr. better than everyone else because "I have I degree" :lol:

#173279 by PaperDog
Wed May 16, 2012 2:12 pm
jimmydanger wrote: And many times the quality of their work is better than the American worker. .

Not true... Mexican labor churns out crap... There's a whole housing industry here in the southwest that attests to that. But, to be fair, what did we expect when we paid them crap wages? Were slipping because of employer "greed;" not be cause of American complacency against quality (which is a result of our sense of futility with this situation)

#173280 by jimmydanger
Wed May 16, 2012 2:28 pm
Sorry Jeff I just calls em as I sees em. Americans used to be craftsmen, whose work was respected worldwide. Now I just see workers who want to be paid big bucks for work that can be done elsewhere cheaper. The only thing we still excel at is entertainment (movies, music, etc), which the rest of the world is eager to buy.

Try not to get too emotional, there's not much you can do about it anyway.

Obviously I don't come here to be "liked", I have tons of real friends already.

#173282 by PaperDog
Wed May 16, 2012 3:28 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Sorry Jeff I just calls em as I sees em. Americans used to be craftsmen, whose work was respected worldwide. Now I just see workers who want to be paid big bucks for work that can be done elsewhere cheaper. The only thing we still excel at is entertainment (movies, music, etc), which the rest of the world is eager to buy.

Germans, Italians , Dutch, Irish, English, Spanish (Spain), Czchek, Polish, African, Cuban, Puerto Rican, etc. These were the craftsmen you speak of...They comprise "Americans" by virtue of their Legal immigration to America. They brought their technology and skill (and quality With them)...Now we have an influx of Mexican immigration (Overkill) ... They bring nothing significant. They are happy to accept whatever wage they can receive cause it still puts them ahead of the curve with respect to the skill, quality and technology that they offer. (Here's the list: " ")

You cant possibly believe that just because work can be done for cheaper, that the quality would still remain high. Blame the greedy employers. These guys sold out the U.S.

#173283 by PaperDog
Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:Regardless of how you spin it, the bottom line is these guys will work cheaper than the average American will. And many times the quality of their work is better than the American worker. Americans have become lazy and stupid, no wonder we're slipping.

Your full of SH!T Jimmy! Just continue to sell out your fellow American! I am starting to like you LESS! IMO @ssholes like you are traitor against your own country. You are the typical I have a good life and don't care about the problems it causes (cost) for me to get my cheap sh!t! Trust me with your attitude it's already costing YOU TAX dollars Mr. better than everyone else because "I have I degree" :lol:

Jeff, I have a degree... To me its no big deal... (I personally dont look at people and say "There's that guy with /Without the degree" ;) Myself and Many of my colleagues were once, fools. When we graduated, we simply became educated fools... :lol:

Folks in the Midwest and east coast really cannot identify at all with what Texas has had to endure... I'm pretty sure they do not suffer the same tribulations that we do... They share some similarity with respect to factory/vs Maquiladora...But even up there, they got unions that the maqs don't have here. (Some say that aint a bad thing)

I totally understand your frustration, and the people who dismiss it, simply don't understand it...

I'm waiting with my movie Camera , to start filming the reaction of our local Hardcore liberals, when they begin to get evicted from their houses, because they cant afford the prop tax. and utilities. (Which have been raised to pay for immigrants programs here) . As a white person with an income, I pay about 30 percent more (My own estimation) on the electric bill than the families in Segundo Barrio in Central EP do. At first It was a noble and charitable act. 20 years later, its become a fleecing.

#173284 by Slacker G
Wed May 16, 2012 3:40 pm
"You cant possibly believe that just because work can be done for cheaper, that the quality would still remain high. Blame the greedy employers. These guys sold out the U.S."

Yes. But please do not discount the unions that demanded unreasonable requests of US employers. I was happy being a Lab tech for Zenith radio when I got out of the service. I was happy with my wages and benefits. Every time the labor contract was nearing negotiations, the union would to threaten them to strike right at the time Christmas season came around.

All those guys I worked with didn't want to strike or make outrageous demands of a company that treated us well and paid us well and gave us a pile of fringe benefits. Eventually Zenith had to make the radios over seas or shut down because the profit margin made it impossible to manufacture radios here. And every year, the union demanded more money and benefits for less work.

We had the best quality product of any Zenith plant in the nation. The union killed it. So do not forget to give union greed honorable mention. You would do exactly the same thing if it was a choice of going bankrupt and shutting down production or staying in business with fewer workers.

#173285 by PaperDog
Wed May 16, 2012 3:42 pm
Slacker G wrote:
"You cant possibly believe that just because work can be done for cheaper, that the quality would still remain high. Blame the greedy employers. These guys sold out the U.S."

Yes. But please do not discount the unions that demanded unreasonable requests of US employers. I was happy being a Lab tech for Zenith radio when I got out of the service. I was happy with my wages and benefits. Every time the labor contract was nearing negotiations, the union would to threaten them to strike right at the time Christmas season came around.

All those guys I worked with didn't want to strike or make outrageous demands of a company that treated us well and paid us well and gave us a pile of fringe benefits. Eventually Zenith had to make the radios over seas or shut down because the profit margin made it impossible to manufacture radios here. And every year, the union demanded more money and benefits for less work.

We had the best quality product of any Zenith plant in the natio. The union killed it. So do not forget to give union greed honorable mention. You would do exactly the same thing if it was a choice of going bankrupt and shutting down production or staying in business with fewer workers.

Roger that! I totally agree and yes...Unions have become the Frankenstein of the public Sector for years...Way past due on their shelf life...

#173300 by J-HALEY
Wed May 16, 2012 5:46 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Sorry Jeff I just calls em as I sees em. Americans used to be craftsmen, whose work was respected worldwide. Now I just see workers who want to be paid big bucks for work that can be done elsewhere cheaper. The only thing we still excel at is entertainment (movies, music, etc), which the rest of the world is eager to buy.

How in the hell can you rag and degrade your own countryman dude! To hell we can't produce! You are exactly what is wrong with this country Jimmy! Big mouth know it alls with a degree think you know everything @sshole! YOU DON'T KNOW SH!T ABOUT IMMIGRATION OR CRAFTSMAN FOR THAT MATTER! Why don't you do us working smugs a favor and comment on something you know! All you know is what the liberal press wants you to believe and that is a lie TRAITOR!