This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#172897 by J-HALEY
Sat May 12, 2012 3:50 pm
Slacker G wrote:Oh well, what the heck....

http://www.prisonplanet.com/millions-of ... u-are.html

I am wondering how many of you read the article at the beginning of this thread?
This is what it was about!

#172898 by J-HALEY
Sat May 12, 2012 3:53 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
Slacker G wrote:Oh well, what the heck....

http://www.prisonplanet.com/millions-of ... u-are.html

I am wondering how many of you read the article at the beginning of this thread?
This is what it was about!

Correction it was a video! :oops:

#172902 by johnnya
Sat May 12, 2012 6:26 pm
the truth of things is the best policy, i believe not all men are created equal, im sure the guy who killed Lincoln was not equal to him, one was a preserver of life, the other a murderer, and if we all were, there would be no wars, peace, love, (not) ,,equal i believe is in Gods imager we are made, we have eyes, body frame, stand, talk, think, you know ,color is not the issue as well as race. Like we see in documentries, we all do things alike, watch movies , laugh, mate, love our families, some are smarter, kinder, meaner, caring, and so on. this system was made for u.s. citizens. As to where we are born and how we are raised, and to whom we are born to cannot be controlled, unless your a test tube baby with the government as your mom and dad , we all like the good things in life and this country offers it best than anywhere in the world, from fame to a simple life of raising a family. So of course people want to come here. I have seen our system be taken advantage of, ive seen these people with gold rings, expensive jewerly and a nice car or truck using our system, while other americans are struggleing with $700 worth of groceries on our budget, and what do they offer u.s. citizens?, i had this happen to a friend, needed help with food, not making enough , the system offfered him $10 of food help, you know what he told them. I think the people who interview those seeking assistance need to be monitored, because they are the 1st ones that allow the first step to proceed. look if our government ,, as much as people complain, does nt do what is has to do know, our kids are heading into a shitload of problems.

#172903 by Slacker G
Sat May 12, 2012 8:10 pm
If nothing else it explains why so many illegals that have moved into the city have new trucks multiple houses and no need for anything... other than honesty.

Imagine being able to simply make up names for imaginary people, not having to prove anything, and getting away with this. Still the IRS, who can easily single these thieves out because of the special ID numbers that they use, still lets the taxpayer foot the bill, all the while bankrupting this country for the this younger generation and their children. And what the crap is giving ID cards to illegals all about anyway. Most of these government legislators in power today should be tried for treason and punished accordingly.

#172906 by Paleopete
Sat May 12, 2012 8:56 pm
Most of these government legislators in power today should be tried for treason and punished accordingly.

Nah....open season on politicians 3 weeks a year, doe day on thursday, bag limit 3.

#172907 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Sat May 12, 2012 10:32 pm
Paleopete wrote:
Most of these government legislators in power today should be tried for treason and punished accordingly.

Nah....open season on politicians 3 weeks a year, doe day on thursday, bag limit 3.

I think I have been saying this for the last 3 years.
Welcome aboard!

By the way this sugar affects any of my musical aspirations, my children, my friends, my loved ones. I only post political stuff here in general chat. I would never post political stuff in the other forums. If you just want to talk music don't get involved. ALSO NOTE I DO get involved in musical discussions here.

If that still bugs you, go to HE double tooth picks! :P

#173083 by Tennessee Jedi
Mon May 14, 2012 1:56 pm
PaperDog wrote:Ha ha! Tennesee...Not Quite.... but .... LOL!. Actually, Prisoners do hard labor anyway and many actually get a stipend. Whether they see the cash or not is dependent on a lot of factors...but the state does enter their labor into the books... As for students... (And lets perish the thought that we would ever co-mingle them with inmates), could also work for a stipend. In college they call it an intern-ship (and the work is often nothing to do with the relevance of their degree plans) Hell, I used to run coffee for the profs when i became one their academic slave... (But then... Other students started to move into my territory, which sparked a war and...well I digress) But Highschool kids could sure use a staunch lesson on work ethic... and ya gotta know, its a good way to show them what the future looks like if they don't get skills in something

Its all thoery :lol: :shock: 8)

I like the idea of the inmates paying their own way a lot.
And a few hours of hard labor could be good for the younger generation
You have swayed me a bit.
I feel like the state of the education system in the US is a bigger threat than illegal immigration for America's future ....
If we want high paying jobs .... or we could settle for picking fruit
8)

#173086 by jimmydanger
Mon May 14, 2012 2:07 pm
It's pretty simple. Get an education and training, specialize, make yourself valuable. Then neither you nor your children will ever have to pick fruit, and you won't be so concerned with the people doing the menial labor. If you're competing with people on the low end of the economic scale what does that say about you?

#173101 by PaperDog
Mon May 14, 2012 7:13 pm
Thanks Tennessee... ;)

To throw a wrench in the works I will add a new twist... It doesn't matter if we pick fruit or write laws for a living... what matters is that whoever picks the fruit or writes the laws, should strive to not suck at their jobs... Would you agree?

The problem with 2 million illegal immigrants taking up the jobs of picking fruit, is that the vocation has become a political tool. Sucking at a job implies that they don't invest much loyalty to the cause. Which in turn could translate they don't really care if the community benefits from the work or not... To reinforce this:

1) Who ever said we 'needed" orange or apple groves? (I reckon One tree in your front yard will feed you AND the neighbor.)

2) As pointed out earlier, sucking at a job correaltes with some form of quality control (or lack thereof) and a willingness to invest .
If you tend to your own tree, in your own yard, what are the odds that you WONT take some care in that process?

Likewise, how concerned would you feel , if you 'had' to work somebody else's yard...

So, What I'm suggesting is that 2miiliion illegal immigrants dont exactly give a sh*t about the yard they are working in...cause its not their own yard... COnsquently, the rest of America might be taling it in the ass without realizing it.

I, As an American citizen, am living the dream on many fronts... I consider myself successful on many different fronts.. Strangely enough, I got my start in the working life, in a hard labor sweat shop in the textile industry...fusing collars ...The difference for me was that I really gave a sh*t. I could, becuse I wasnt slave to the Hide & seek games with La Migra....

#173156 by J-HALEY
Tue May 15, 2012 5:13 am
jimmydanger wrote:It's pretty simple. Get an education and training, specialize, make yourself valuable. Then neither you nor your children will ever have to pick fruit, and you won't be so concerned with the people doing the menial labor. If you're competing with people on the low end of the economic scale what does that say about you?

Mr. High & Mighty. Jimmy are you married? If so how many kids do you have? Grandkids?

Based on this statement I am confused? I think you are COMPLETELY out of touch with the "commoner's within your OWN country"?

Bro you talk your liberal bull sh*t jump on your plane to YOUR mexican riveria! (mispelled by a redneck). How about some of your fellow americans were meant to be service providers and "god forbid union laborers"?
Jimmy I have a question for YOU?

What does YOUR POPS do for a living? What does your MOM do? Sister? Brother? Basically I am asking the ? Your family at some point LIFTED or did something that allowed you to get your high and MIGHTY degree?

Me thinks you are a SELL out and would SELL your own mother and country to advance your LIBERAL AGENDA? Just sayin :roll: :roll:

I apologize in advance for the ZINGER :wink:

Oh! And by the way I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire either :P

#173162 by PaperDog
Tue May 15, 2012 6:44 am
J-HALEY wrote:
jimmydanger wrote:It's pretty simple. Get an education and training, specialize, make yourself valuable. Then neither you nor your children will ever have to pick fruit, and you won't be so concerned with the people doing the menial labor. If you're competing with people on the low end of the economic scale what does that say about you?

Mr. High & Mighty. Jimmy are you married? If so how many kids do you have? Grandkids?

Based on this statement I am confused? I think you are COMPLETELY out of touch with the "commoner's within your OWN country"?

Bro you talk your liberal bull sh*t jump on your plane to YOUR mexican riveria! (mispelled by a redneck). How about some of your fellow americans were meant to be service providers and "god forbid union laborers"?
Jimmy I have a question for YOU?

What does YOUR POPS do for a living? What does your MOM do? Sister? Brother? Basically I am asking the ? Your family at some point LIFTED or did something that allowed you to get your high and MIGHTY degree?

Me thinks you are a SELL out and would SELL your own mother and country to advance your LIBERAL AGENDA? Just sayin :roll: :roll:

I apologize in advance for the ZINGER :wink:

Oh! And by the way I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire either :P

True STory... Seen a proff once (PhD) with a sign on the street that said..."Will Work for food". I'm sure he making a statement and prolly had an Ivory tower to get back to...But, later that day...when I saw him at the food stamp line... :lol:

#173168 by jimmydanger
Tue May 15, 2012 1:15 pm
Jeff said: What does YOUR POPS do for a living? What does your MOM do? Sister? Brother? Basically I am asking the ? Your family at some point LIFTED or did something that allowed you to get your high and MIGHTY degree?

Well I'll tell you Jeff since you asked. My father passed away in 1999. He worked at General Motors in public relations (he wrote speeches for the big shots). My mother was a stay at home mom. My one brother is an engineer, my other brother is in construction, my youngest sister is an editor for Microsoft Books, my other sister is a hair stylist. My daughter works for a newspaper in New York and my son works for an internet provider.

I put myself through college, I took no student loans and took no money from my parents. Everything I have I worked for; yes I have a very good life but I earned it. I worked, went to school at night and raised a family, all the while keeping my music going. I know it can be done because I have done it.

#173239 by MikeTalbot
Wed May 16, 2012 1:38 am
Damn, guys - use inmates? Terrible idea! Think about it.

We have literally milliions of loafrers receiving govt aide who could be working those jobs.

I've done it. I worked the orchards in FL to get a meal. It sucked so bad that the first time, my brother and I drank our meagre earnings and never did get a meal. (bar nuts!)

But we earned our drinks. Why should I pay welfare to bums who are too proud to do work that I was not too proud to do?

Removing the illegals could solve two problems. They are overwhelming our infrastructure. Adios eh? Loafers are overwhelming our welfare system. Sounds pretty straight forward to me. Hit the groves fellas! :D

Talbot

#173240 by PaperDog
Wed May 16, 2012 3:09 am
MikeTalbot wrote:Damn, guys - use inmates? Terrible idea! Think about it.

We have literally milliions of loafrers receiving govt aide who could be working those jobs.

I've done it. I worked the orchards in FL to get a meal. It sucked so bad that the first time, my brother and I drank our meagre earnings and never did get a meal. (bar nuts!)

But we earned our drinks. Why should I pay welfare to bums who are too proud to do work that I was not too proud to do?

Removing the illegals could solve two problems. They are overwhelming our infrastructure. Adios eh? Loafers are overwhelming our welfare system. Sounds pretty straight forward to me. Hit the groves fellas! :D

Talbot

I would say a large percent of the inmates in our system arent "real criminals" per se as much as they are just terribly misguided. We have guys in there for possession of dope... Work Ethics seem to evade most of them (Evident by their knack for taking shortcuts in their lives.)

In terms of a work furlough, One does not have to crack whips, and force 10 hour a day labor. Of that large population, there are many inmates who would gladly work a 4-6 hour shift a day , earn some pocket change and accrue merits to leverage their release, in a proper fashion. The trick is to screen the population so as to not pick the wrong guys for the job. The entire prison system of America touts the effort to rehab these law-breakers. We know that 's a load of crap in most cases, since the lifers sit on their asses all day and pimp each other out.. But having inmates pick oranges is a solid step toward a rehab program and it does serve the community in a significant manner. IMHO... 8)

#173255 by J-HALEY
Wed May 16, 2012 12:34 pm
jimmydanger wrote:Jeff said: What does YOUR POPS do for a living? What does your MOM do? Sister? Brother? Basically I am asking the ? Your family at some point LIFTED or did something that allowed you to get your high and MIGHTY degree?

Well I'll tell you Jeff since you asked. My father passed away in 1999. He worked at General Motors in public relations (he wrote speeches for the big shots). My mother was a stay at home mom. My one brother is an engineer, my other brother is in construction, my youngest sister is an editor for Microsoft Books, my other sister is a hair stylist. My daughter works for a newspaper in New York and my son works for an internet provider.

I put myself through college, I took no student loans and took no money from my parents. Everything I have I worked for; yes I have a very good life but I earned it. I worked, went to school at night and raised a family, all the while keeping my music going. I know it can be done because I have done it.

Thats definately something to be proud of Jimmy. What I was trying to say is that some of us common folk just don't have what it takes to get a degree be it from costly mistakes we made when we were younger and lack of guidance from the way we were raised. I went thru training school as a union carpenter. It took me 3 years to get thru it. That was my choice and what I wanted to do. In the 70's when I was going to school I never would have imagined the influx of illegal aliens coming in the volume they have. My point is if you go to a construction site here in Texas you MOST LIKELY WILL NOT FIND A WHITE GUY! The reason I hate illegals is because I have worked with them for the last 20 years. I know first hand the double standards and prejudice those @ssholes have towards white and any Americans for that matter! You on the other hand have NOT experienced this! Yet you guy's that haven't are telling the rest of YOUR FELLOW U.S. citizens Too bad and turning a blind eye (and your back) on your OWN people and country! The U.S. simply can't afford to support all of Latin America. Before you tell me I better learn spanish you REALLY should educate yourself on the topic you are commenting on. Here is a little reality and education for you! They are catching them by the thousands here in the border states on a daily basis. For those that they catch 10's of thousands get thru undetected to take jobs from U.S. citizens. Oh and by the way I am curious what type work did you do while attending college. Me thinks WHEN the illegals start taking those union jobs where you are, you'll be singing a different tune!

http://www.chron.com/news/article/2-ind ... 561045.php