This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#172518 by jw123
Tue May 08, 2012 6:46 pm
Im with Jimmy just say you are busy with something of your own right now, but thanks for asking, and leave it at that.

#172537 by Shapeshifter
Wed May 09, 2012 12:09 am
Yeah, JW, you and Jimmy are probably right...it's about being the bigger man (which is tough to do sometimes... :lol: ).

#172582 by KLUGMO
Wed May 09, 2012 3:16 pm
Honest and blunt is best. That way you are never in a gray area.

#172611 by Starfish Scott
Wed May 09, 2012 11:55 pm
I think JW is too polite to someone trying to "take advantage".

#172693 by jw123
Thu May 10, 2012 6:39 pm
LOL, Capt, I dont get taken advantaged of very often, no matter how you word it a no is a no.

IN music one thing I learned at a very young age is that its a small circle of people playing music, best not to burn a bridge, cause who knows this guy could become something and need your services and be able to pay for them somewhere down the road, you dont want to be black listed.

#172694 by Shapeshifter
Thu May 10, 2012 6:50 pm
Unfortunately, I DO get taken advantage of quite frequently-unless it comes to music. It's about the only situation where I don't hesitate to stand my ground. I don't make a lot of friends that way (or bandmates), but I don't get "played" too often, either.

Suprisingly, the guy reponded to my quid pro quo statement, and is going to be sending me some rough tracks he's been working on. Go figure. I never thought he'd go for it.

#172699 by Starfish Scott
Thu May 10, 2012 7:05 pm
jw123 wrote:LOL, Capt, I dont get taken advantaged of very often, no matter how you word it a no is a no.

IN music one thing I learned at a very young age is that its a small circle of people playing music, best not to burn a bridge, cause who knows this guy could become something and need your services and be able to pay for them somewhere down the road, you dont want to be black listed.

You're right, diplomacy and understating things do come in handy.

But it's tough especially when they are so delusional that it makes you wonder if these people are "for real".

#172740 by Emilyangel08
Fri May 11, 2012 6:25 am
Write some really sh!tty music and tack on some lyrics that would make a fly puke. Then act all excited when you give them to him as if they were the jewels of your song collection. You might even sing one for him way out of pitch all the while having that "I'm really into it" look on your face the whole time. You know.. that jackass "I'm so hot" look those lounge lizards get every time they spot someone looking in their direction.
Great!!!!!!!

#172781 by Starfish Scott
Fri May 11, 2012 5:56 pm
Emilyangel08 wrote:Write some really sh!tty music and tack on some lyrics that would make a fly puke. Then act all excited when you give them to him as if they were the jewels of your song collection. You might even sing one for him way out of pitch all the while having that "I'm really into it" look on your face the whole time. You know.. that jackass "I'm so hot" look those lounge lizards get every time they spot someone looking in their direction.
Great!!!!!!!

That's a fantastic idea !!!

"Slip him a musical mickey" LOL

He'll hate it and then stop bugging you.

#173128 by Lynard Dylan
Mon May 14, 2012 9:24 pm
Maybe it's your big chance and your missing out.
Send him some of your copyrighted tunes maybe he'll
give you an honest asessement and helpful criticism.

While he was acting the star what were you doing?
Playing with your back to the crowd? Looking down?
I don't know what you were doing, but a group is always
going to be better with several stars in it. Why don't you
step out and be a star with him, it's bound to help.