This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#172765 by jw123
Fri May 11, 2012 3:03 pm
Im not trying to figure out any meaning to this, but its kinda funny and musical related.

My wife and I have a place in a resort community and a boat, so my dream is we are on our boat and we go to this cove where people anchor in and hang out all day.

So we pull up beside this huge boat, and are carrrying on with the people on it, they are listening to boy band music.

So this guy comes to the rail and he talks in this English Proper Accent, hes wearing wayfarers, an Izod shirt, checkered pants, and penny loafers no. I look at him real hard and say has anyone told you that you look just like Ce-Lo. He says my real name is Winston Thurston Howell, Ce- Lo is just my stage name. Hes still using the Engish accent, so he invites us on board, and sure enough there is an English Bulldog, sitting there, so I say where is PerrFect your cat, he says I hate cats, hes just a prop for my image.

About then I had to pee and woke up, just a weird one to me, I have no idea why Ce-Lo would even register in my brain.

Just thought I would share it.

The last musical dream I had, I was going onstage to play Madison Square Garden, and as Im walking out with my guitar I realize it has no strings on it, Im looking at my guitar tech WTF, and he smiles and says jusst wing it man!

#172776 by Sir Jamsalot
Fri May 11, 2012 4:17 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wish my dreams were 1/2 as entertaining as those!

#172778 by fisherman bob
Fri May 11, 2012 5:02 pm
While these dreams might be "entertaining" they both represent similar frustrations you are having with the music business, frustrations that most of the hard working musicians in the world are having these days, including myself.
I have interpretted dreams for a number of my friends over the years. One in particular was a recurring nightmare that a friend of mine actually went to a psychologist to interpret with no luck. I knew immediately what his dream was about and he stopped having the nightmare subsequently to my interpretation.
John, the smaller boat you were on represents your current band or gig. The larger boat represents a larger gig you'd perhaps like to have. Ce-lo and Winston Howell are in fact Ce-lo and Simon Cowell. Perhaps you've been watching "The Voice" and "American Idol." Everybody on the larger boat is listening to "boy band music." The clothes and the English Bulldog which is a "stage prop" represent superficiality. Notice in your dream you never get invited on to the larger boat. You wake up to piss because the situation "pisses you off." The entire dream represents your frustration with the superficiality of the pop music scene today.
The second dream is about further frustration as your missing strings hamper your ability to perform at a larger gig, Madison Square Garden.
IMO, this is what both dreams mean. Some dreams are merely your brain shedding electricity, they are meaningless. These two dreams are important. I understand and share your frustration and commiserate wholeheartedly.

#172786 by PaperDog
Fri May 11, 2012 6:14 pm
fisherman bob wrote:While these dreams might be "entertaining" they both represent similar frustrations you are having with the music business, frustrations that most of the hard working musicians in the world are having these days, including myself.
I have interpretted dreams for a number of my friends over the years. One in particular was a recurring nightmare that a friend of mine actually went to a psychologist to interpret with no luck. I knew immediately what his dream was about and he stopped having the nightmare subsequently to my interpretation.
John, the smaller boat you were on represents your current band or gig. The larger boat represents a larger gig you'd perhaps like to have. Ce-lo and Winston Howell are in fact Ce-lo and Simon Cowell. Perhaps you've been watching "The Voice" and "American Idol." Everybody on the larger boat is listening to "boy band music." The clothes and the English Bulldog which is a "stage prop" represent superficiality. Notice in your dream you never get invited on to the larger boat. You wake up to piss because the situation "pisses you off." The entire dream represents your frustration with the superficiality of the pop music scene today.
The second dream is about further frustration as your missing strings hamper your ability to perform at a larger gig, Madison Square Garden.
IMO, this is what both dreams mean. Some dreams are merely your brain shedding electricity, they are meaningless. These two dreams are important. I understand and share your frustration and commiserate wholeheartedly.

Very interesting take... not entirely off-base

But, I would have thought his dream was simpler than that.. maybe a contrast between the little life and the big life. To me Thurston Howell is all the facade that the big life often presents... The big life is transient and two dimensional on so many fronts (hence the props)

JW...it seems you already have the 'best" life.. and your mind simply reconciles that fact by presenting a story that the 'big life' is of no importance or consequence (You didnt say if you felt lured by the Thurs ton image) .

Bob... I studied dream interpretation years ago... What I learned is that every character we dream about , is essentially an aspect of our own personas. We all have a 'Thurston Howell' inside of us , somewhere. These icons are often used by the mind to manifest and present our buried ideas and questions... The mind, being rich and powerful, is quite possible the best casting director a dream could have, in order to tell the story that it must tell, when we sleep.

Hey, What I'm saying here is a 50/50 crap-shoot and I could be way out in wrong -field

#172793 by fisherman bob
Fri May 11, 2012 6:46 pm
Grant, you might be right, perhaps Thurston Howell does represent a "big" man, but I think it unlikely in this case. Ce-Lo IS Thurston Howell. If I'm not mistaken John is a pretty big man already, being a successful business man. I doubt he has any problems in that regard. I think this dream represents his attitudes toward the music industry. Maybe I'm way off base but I don"t think so.

#172816 by ANGELSSHOTGUN
Fri May 11, 2012 9:50 pm
JW, this one is not as complicated as everyone wants to think. You are just a fun loving guy that is not impressed by a lot of crap. You have your wife with you and you are just having fun..... So much so that after a few beers you have to use the facilities.

Now the other one,,, Thats serious.... You don't like anyone touching your guitars. Guitar techs,,, just ask Crip.

#172822 by Shapeshifter
Sat May 12, 2012 12:06 am
At least you still had your guitar...you might remember that I mentioned a dream a while back where my entire bass turned into a soggy loaf of bread...that was a bit distressing.

#172982 by jw123
Sun May 13, 2012 12:58 pm
BOB, I just got back on here, and you might have something there.

I really cant say Im frustrated with music much anymore, I know my place and I enjoy it for what it is, but I dont beat myself up about it much anymore.

I feel pretty lucky that I can put the wig on and rock out from time to time, so I guess in that regard Im just as superficial as my dream about Ce-Lo! LOL!

Now I keep asking myself, why havent I had a dream about being in Led Zep?

Another thing about me is Im able to seperate myself from my musical self and make fun of myself. Many of my business friends thru the years would always say Im crazy, for playing in bands, racing motorcycles, shooting guns or whatever my current fancy is, but yesterday I went to a freinds wedding, and afterwards we were sitting around talking, and I got into some of my band storys, racing storys, and just life storys, and this one guy goes, Man how have you been able to do all of that, and keep business's and stuff together.

I just told him, if you really want to do something you have to make the time, and take the time to follow thru on it, and Ive always done that, I dont want to die and look back and say, You know I wish I had done that.

Im having a lot of sould searching lately, cause my son and I are starting to ride bikes again, later this year I will be 50, so next year I could make a run for the 50+ National Title! Its in my head and I know what it takes to get there, now its just whether I want to committ to a full year of getting ready for it. We shall see.

Rock On Guys and thanks for responding to this, it was just a wierd dream to me, real random, ussually when I have one like this I just forget about it, but my wife and I were having our coffee the other morning and I told her about it, and we were just laughing our asses off!

Lifes good, all I can say to anyone here is dont waste any of it.

#172987 by gbheil
Sun May 13, 2012 2:14 pm
That's some funny sh*t right there...

I feel some dreams represent some deep psychological complexity and can be interpreted.
Some are gifts or warnings from a higher power.

Others just random firings of an overworked mind.

Bob's take is interesting ... but then, maybe you just need a little more sleep :wink:
#173017 by crunchysoundbite
Sun May 13, 2012 4:39 pm
jw123 wrote:Im not trying to figure out any meaning to this, but its kinda funny and musical related.

My wife and I have a place in a resort community and a boat, so my dream is we are on our boat and we go to this cove where people anchor in and hang out all day.

So we pull up beside this huge boat, and are carrrying on with the people on it, they are listening to boy band music.

So this guy comes to the rail and he talks in this English Proper Accent, hes wearing wayfarers, an Izod shirt, checkered pants, and penny loafers no. I look at him real hard and say has anyone told you that you look just like Ce-Lo. He says my real name is Winston Thurston Howell, Ce- Lo is just my stage name. Hes still using the Engish accent, so he invites us on board, and sure enough there is an English Bulldog, sitting there, so I say where is PerrFect your cat, he says I hate cats, hes just a prop for my image.

About then I had to pee and woke up, just a weird one to me, I have no idea why Ce-Lo would even register in my brain.

Just thought I would share it.

The last musical dream I had, I was going onstage to play Madison Square Garden, and as Im walking out with my guitar I realize it has no strings on it, Im looking at my guitar tech WTF, and he smiles and says jusst wing it man!
I haven't read the responses, so they have no weight in my answer. If I were a dream reader, I'd say there are 4 key elements to your dream that is in conflict wit other elements in your life that are going well. You are a skilled artist. You have prospects that should be more than a talent of overweight, sunglasses and a cat with more of a boat than you have. There is a crevass (or cove) that you know your not finding. A niche such as the wealthy Mr. Howell or C-low. Keep searching, but the music your searching may be on the beach.

#173018 by Slacker G
Sun May 13, 2012 4:42 pm
"The last musical dream I had, I was going onstage to play Madison Square Garden, and as Im walking out with my guitar I realize it has no strings on it, Im looking at my guitar tech WTF, and he smiles and says jusst wing it man!"

That;s about how I feel at the beginning of every jam session or gig. Fortunately, after a couple of songs, it goes away.

#173020 by crunchysoundbite
Sun May 13, 2012 4:51 pm
joseph6 wrote:At least you still had your guitar...you might remember that I mentioned a dream a while back where my entire bass turned into a soggy loaf of bread...that was a bit distressing.
That one's really easy. You are sensing Sound overload which saturates the artistry to a point of distastfulness.

#173023 by crunchysoundbite
Sun May 13, 2012 4:56 pm
jw123 wrote:BOB, I just got back on here, and you might have something there.

I really cant say Im frustrated with music much anymore, I know my place and I enjoy it for what it is, but I dont beat myself up about it much anymore.

I feel pretty lucky that I can put the wig on and rock out from time to time, so I guess in that regard Im just as superficial as my dream about Ce-Lo! LOL!

Now I keep asking myself, why havent I had a dream about being in Led Zep?

Another thing about me is Im able to seperate myself from my musical self and make fun of myself. Many of my business friends thru the years would always say Im crazy, for playing in bands, racing motorcycles, shooting guns or whatever my current fancy is, but yesterday I went to a freinds wedding, and afterwards we were sitting around talking, and I got into some of my band storys, racing storys, and just life storys, and this one guy goes, Man how have you been able to do all of that, and keep business's and stuff together.

I just told him, if you really want to do something you have to make the time, and take the time to follow thru on it, and Ive always done that, I dont want to die and look back and say, You know I wish I had done that.

Im having a lot of sould searching lately, cause my son and I are starting to ride bikes again, later this year I will be 50, so next year I could make a run for the 50+ National Title! Its in my head and I know what it takes to get there, now its just whether I want to committ to a full year of getting ready for it. We shall see.

Rock On Guys and thanks for responding to this, it was just a wierd dream to me, real random, ussually when I have one like this I just forget about it, but my wife and I were having our coffee the other morning and I told her about it, and we were just laughing our asses off!

Lifes good, all I can say to anyone here is dont waste any of it.
I get the feeling your talent is higher than your feeling of place. What you need is dicovered. Hang in there, (cat reference). If C-lo can be discovered you can too! Streatch your horizons. GO For it. Go BIG!

#173024 by crunchysoundbite
Sun May 13, 2012 4:59 pm
The meaning of this song is not as originally intended, but I'm gonna ' use it... Can't you see? Can't you see? What that woman's been doin' to me?

#173026 by crunchysoundbite
Sun May 13, 2012 5:03 pm
Not the words... it's the rif that is your question.