This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities of the UK.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#171904 by cmacoustic
Wed May 02, 2012 11:03 am
Just posted in 'General Chat' - been a member of Bandmix for years and didn't notice there was a forum. Posting in this topic as well, seeing as I'm from UK, and also adding some personal history to the album plug.

In my late teens/early twenties music was the main 'thing' in life, being in a North East club circuit band professionally and semi-professionally, but I foolishly let it all slip away - what with marriage, mortgage and divorce and booze, - red wine mostly.

Developed high blood pressure 'cos of the booze and had to knock it on the head. Soon as I'd cut the booze down, a passion for making music came back, bought an acoustic this time - Martin-OMC15E - and started getting back into it. Discovered DADGAD, started writing tunes again and collaborated for a while with 2 Great vocalists - Laura Anya and Michelle Gunton.

Then through choice and circumstance, managed to rustle up enough dosh to subsist on for a couple of years so I could compose music full time. In 2009 I started work on my first album 'Renaissance' - 12 self-penned electro-acoustic guitar instrumentals, and released it December 2011.

There's track previews on my Bandmix profile and some full versions on website http://www.chrismooreacoustic.com and download links to Amazon/iTunes.

Working on a piano album at the moment, and when it's finished, around July hopefully, I'll probably start playing the geetar tracks at open acoustic nights. Got to get it out there :)

So, after all these years - I'm in my late 50's now - I'm back on geetar, with a passion.

Never too flippin late - that's what I say ...and don't give up :)

#172553 by AceofBass49_RonM
Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 am
You,re not alone, I've all so been a member for quite a while and only just noticed this forum.
It seems to be quite a trend these days for us more senior members of the industry to come out of retirement and go back on the road.

#172660 by cmacoustic
Thu May 10, 2012 2:00 pm
Hi AceofBass...
Yep, I agree, does seem to be a trend, and a healthy one at that :)
Good luck with yours.

#172705 by Starfish Scott
Thu May 10, 2012 7:20 pm
AceofBass49_RonM wrote:You,re not alone, I've all so been a member for quite a while and only just noticed this forum.
It seems to be quite a trend these days for us more senior members of the industry to come out of retirement and go back on the road.

Are you a gnome or dwarf, sir?

You don't look like an elf, that's for sure.. LMAO

"Thorin Oakenshield" ..

#172751 by GuitarMikeB
Fri May 11, 2012 12:30 pm
Maybe he's a wizard! :wink:

Never too old to rock and roll.
As my wife told me: you can grow old, but don't grow up!

#172819 by WarrenMiles
Fri May 11, 2012 10:27 pm
Hi Guys!

I am looking for more experienced players to play with and this forum seemed perfect.

I play a range of strung instruments but love blues and folk and love those open tunings!

I play a lot of slide as well but like I say I really enjoy playing with experienced and confident artist as I am not very confident myself and find when you play with more experienced artists you evolve!

Anyway, if you guys are interested in some random gigs or just jamming or even just chatting about styles and technique I would be very happy.

Thanks

Warren

#173403 by CIrcus Of War
Thu May 17, 2012 12:58 am
I just Hope my band can get a vocalist,we have had intrest from roadrunner and our singer signed a solo contract. lol there is no point sometimes

#173457 by GuitarMikeB
Thu May 17, 2012 1:58 pm
Hey Circus guys - look at the next thread in this section of the forum, so charity thing in South Wales. might be a good chance to hook with others in your area in order to find a vocalist. You could always do an instrumental set there, too.