This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#172755 by JCP61
Fri May 11, 2012 1:14 pm
life is a compromise.
#172757 by jsantos
Fri May 11, 2012 1:27 pm
Timer wrote:I'm a seasoned drummer that plays in a band with 3 other seasoned musicians. We are trying to find a new guitar player but all the guitars are like I play blue, or sothern rock or I'm a metal guitarist. I got into music to play everything musical. It's more challenging. We are asked to play wedding which requires the band to play requested music. So we need the right guitar player. But so far every one is limited to about 2 styles Blues and Rock. What's up with that. :?

Aloha oe Timer!

Have you tried posting an ad up at the musical colleges in your city/area? Many well-rounded guitarists who are versed in fusion or jazz can play genres outside their focuses. Good luck.

#172772 by jw123
Fri May 11, 2012 3:43 pm
Timer try your local graigslist, and if you guys are that good, you might go out and listen to some guys playing in the style you want, and ask them if they know of someone that you need, who knows they might just join you.

The internet thing is a crap shoot at best, widen your focus to people who are actively playing in your area, bands change up, break up all the time, maybe you should check that out.

Good Luck