This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

All users can post to this forum on general music topics.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#172480 by jimmydanger
Tue May 08, 2012 4:23 pm
This is my 5th vacation in Mexico! I love it! I'll wave at you as I'm flying over BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

#172484 by Dok Tokari
Tue May 08, 2012 4:27 pm
:o Reading these post got me to looking up some on the history being discussed here, found this interesting article ...

The Texan insurgency of the 1830s was an internal Mexican matter. Texan rebels were fighting for unrestricted slavery rights contravening the Federal Mexican government who had declared a slavery ban in September 1829. The threat of freed slaves outraged the Texan cotton farmers, so political pressure was brought to bear in DF. One month later, the Mexican laws were changed to allow slavery, but only in Texas. This exception carried some restrictions (no new slaves). It was not to suffice. Restrictions on Texan slaves threatened the cotton industry with increased labour costs and higher taxation and led to Texan plans for self-determination. This finally led to a failed rebellion and to The Alamo. After the Texan insurgency was put down, Polk declared his war on Mexico, an economic disaster from a Mexican perspective, resulting in the annexation of about half of Mexico's territory (the four hundred million acres mentioned above)
- Mexico and Neocolonialism
An Irish perspective - By Tony Phillips

#172487 by JCP61
Tue May 08, 2012 4:30 pm
when John Augustus Roebling was beginning the construction of the Brooklyn bridge he knew that the caissons were going to be extremely hazardous to install, so he went down south contract slaves to work as laborers.
The southern plantation owners refused to rent, citing that our "niggers" were worth money,
and Mr Roebling should put Irish in those holes cause you can kill as many as you need and no one will ever notice.

#172488 by PaperDog
Tue May 08, 2012 4:35 pm
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:there are 2 distinct types of Mexicans anyhow.. the ones Rick Bayless runs around with who owns the restaurants in Acapulco in his cooking shows are Mexicans you could not distinguish from white Americans... I suppose if these were the Mexicans invading nobody would be griping, but the "mestizos" are the Mexicans every white amerikan has a problem with, since they are a little browner in color.. racism at it's finest..

The Rick Bayless types are the ones that are kicking out the Meztisos (Hence a serious class Warfare). We get all the rejects that Mexico doesnt want. The Cartels might be a wedge between them now...

#172489 by J-HALEY
Tue May 08, 2012 4:37 pm
jimmydanger wrote:This is my 5th vacation in Mexico! I love it! I'll wave at you as I'm flying over BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Just PALEEZE don't piss out the window! I don't like urine on the mullet LOL! Heaven forbid I could be setting in the back yard drinking a Shiner Bock! sometimes I look up when a Jet flies over and wonder where those folks are going! LOL!

#172493 by DainNobody
Tue May 08, 2012 4:43 pm
Mr. J HALEY, if I were a Mexican and say I was living In the U.S.A. and I had a green card and was working my ass off picking green beans and tomatoes for 25 cents a bushel, but not yet a U.S. citizen, but working on it studying my Dept. of Naturalization manuals, and say you were a trust fund baby, sitting on your ass every day having difficulties playing a guitar, but ok on bass guitar, not working but playing every day, cause some fortunate wealthy relative decided you to be given some wealth to keep you from having to toil, then who would be the better man? the Mexican toiling in the hot sun, or you sitting on your ass ever day spending great-great grandpa's old cotton money inheritance produced by your great great granpappy's slaves?

#172495 by J-HALEY
Tue May 08, 2012 4:55 pm
Dane Ellis Allen wrote:Mr. J HALEY, if I were a Mexican and say I was living In the U.S.A. and I had a green card and was working my ass off picking green beans and tomatoes for 25 cents a bushel, but not yet a U.S. citizen, but working on it studying my Dept. of Naturalization manuals, and say you were a trust fund baby, sitting on your ass every day having difficulties playing a guitar, but ok on bass guitar, not working but playing every day, cause some fortunate wealthy relative decided you to be given some wealth to keep you from having to toil, then who would be the better man? the Mexican toiling in the hot sun, or you sitting on your ass ever day spending great-great grandpa's old cotton money inheritance produced by your great great granpappy's slaves?

Okay Okay you made me laugh my @ss off I am starting to like you now! Look dude I don't think I am better than ANYONE even a mexican! In my opinion if your skin is brown and you are a U.S. citizen DOES NOT make you a mexican. A mexican to me is someone whom is a citizen of mexico and not the U.S.
As far as your scenario you have described an EXTREME of the american populous. No silver spoon in my mouth bro. I have worked just as hard in the hot sun as any mexican alive ever has! I am a carpenter and I love what I do. Its hard work but IMO, I was put on this earth to do 2 things be a carpenter and play guitar.
Seriously I haven't laughed that hard in a while thanks! :wink:

#172516 by DainNobody
Tue May 08, 2012 6:12 pm
it was just a scenario I was imagining, about the working Mexicans..no need to take anything to heart, maybe I have a strange way of portraying things...nonetheless, we are headed out for Mexican food..what ever the lunch special is today.. and God Bless

#172526 by jimmydanger
Tue May 08, 2012 8:16 pm
J-HALEY wrote:
Just PALEEZE don't piss out the window! I don't like urine on the mullet LOL!

Don't worry Jeff I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. But I would beware of any large blue ice cubes that land in your backyard. I'll be aiming for PaperDog but the DooDooCube might go off target.

#172535 by J-HALEY
Tue May 08, 2012 11:35 pm
jimmydanger wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:

Don't worry Jeff I wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire. But I would beware of any large blue ice cubes that land in your backyard. I'll be aiming for PaperDog but the DooDooCube might go off target.

Meteor, I just want to find my parents LMAO! You know I have a Mullet just call me Joe Dirt JR. :lol:

#172556 by PaperDog
Wed May 09, 2012 4:30 am
jimmydanger wrote:
J-HALEY wrote:

When you get to mexico, try not to eat the candies they mount in the urinals...

#172559 by fisherman bob
Wed May 09, 2012 5:47 am
Didn't I hear a report that there's actually been a DECREASE in the illegal population, that more Mexicans are returning to Mexico than coming here? If that's so that means less votes for Obama.

#172571 by Slacker G
Wed May 09, 2012 1:43 pm
fisherman bob wrote:Didn't I hear a report that there's actually been a DECREASE in the illegal population, that more Mexicans are returning to Mexico than coming here? If that's so that means less votes for Obama.

Only the smart ones that see the handwriting on the wall are leaving. :)

#172572 by jimmydanger
Wed May 09, 2012 2:01 pm
So the smart ones are all leaving? Does that explain why you're still here?