This is a MUSIC forum. Irrelevant or disrespectful posts/topics will be removed by Admin. Please report any forum spam or inappropriate posts HERE.

Topics specific to the localities in America.

Moderators: bandmixmod1, jimmy990, spikedace

#170525 by Karma Breakdown
Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:23 pm
Hello All,

We posted a new tune, "Slinky", on our page. Just wanted some feedback before it goes on the album.

Cheers,

Karma Breakdown

#170531 by PaperDog
Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:50 pm
Lively pretty decent composition. . ...reminds me of 80's genres

A couple of things:
1) Intro rythym was a tad sloppy... I would redo that part of the track and just tighten it up a bit.
2) Bass Guitar seemed out of tune on a few of the bars... Might wanna check that track. It could be some dissonance in the stucture but prolly just need the tuning...

3) Vocal tracks... This is always the hardest... The vocal sounds like its stylin a bit for that 'sound'... thats cool...but the trouble is ...if you try to double track it, it gets very hard to maintain consistency with the first track . It usually requires a lot of practice with the vocal fluctuations in a lyric. I think your vocals are at 80% on this song... Needs more practice.

Nice attempt on the harmony parts... Get the vocals right and the tune of the harms will fall in place...

Thas my storee n I'm stickin with it...

Good luck
8)

#170674 by Starfish Scott
Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:36 pm
OMG you guys sound like "Counting Crows"..

(gulp)

Was that intentional?
#170762 by Karma Breakdown
Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:42 pm
Thank you for the insight. I will go back to those vox tracks and do some follow-up. As for the bass, I'll just get my bassist to go over it again. As for sounding like counting crows... No. We weren't hitting on them at all. However, I get what you're saying. We just wanted to create a "sappy-happy" song with lyrics that didn't match. So I guess the "crows" theme fits. Oh well, that's just how we write. Thanks to all who replied; we will get back to work on this track soon.

Cheers,

Karma Breakdown

#170767 by Starfish Scott
Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:29 pm
OMG that is sooo weird !!!

It's both "miracle" and "curse" in one.

I don't know if I would want to go in that direction, musically speaking.

But there is a lot of room to move and sounding that much like someone recognizable like "Counting Crows" or even might I add, "Hootie and the Blowfish", can't be all bad.

I smell $. idk.

"Always try to play to your own individual strength(s)".

#170794 by GuitarMikeB
Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:07 pm
Lead vocal definitely has the CC sound. It could be the MP3ing, but the high hat is ringing cheaply during the verses and the cymbals ringing during the chorus sections..

#174346 by Broken Reality
Tue May 29, 2012 6:20 pm
If you need help let me know i am excelent when it comes to this stuff